Firepower (Vs A.I.)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    3rdaxis
    Participant
      @3rdaxis
      MemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/firepower-vs-a-i/

Welcome to Firepower (Vs A.I.) V3.4.1 VPX 10.6.0 Final (Revision. 3788)
      A  first of it’s kind pinball game that you can actually play and challenge a fully capable A.I. computer. (Hal-9000)
      By default the computer’s level of skill is set to “Expert” . Player 2, 3 and 4 are the computer. There are four levels of difficulty to choose from. Easy, Normal, Hard and Expert. (Legendary coming soon)
      You can pick and choose which player is human or computer and even have all four players computer if you wish (lots of fun to watch and even bet on games).
      INSTRUCTIONS:
      (In Game)
      ‘*Use the “L” key on keyboard to select language.
      ‘*Use Flipper Buttons to setup human and or computer players before starting game. (Green Human, Red Computer).
      ‘*Use Magna Save buttons to select flipper bat type.
      ‘*While pressing and holding both flipper buttons use the Magna save buttons to select difficulty. (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert) (Legendary coming soon…)
      ‘*Press and hold the Right Flipper Button to display player and difficulty status during game play. Logic Panel displays during DTmode only.

‘*Once game is started no selections can be made or changed until game is over.

‘*Once A.I. is playing, A.I. sound and visual effects can be toggled on/off by using either flipper button.
      ‘*The A.I. can be shutdown during the A.I. turn by pressing and holding both Magna Save buttons. The player can then take control.
      ‘*All options can be hard set in the script under Table Options as desired.
      A very special thank you to rothbauerw for help with the coding and conditional logic. Slydog43 for additional coding and everyone else in the community.  Vogliadicane for the cool backglass and coding.
      This is something that I hope you will all enjoy as much as I have enjoyed making it. I very much plan I installing this on other tables in the near future.

I recommend turning off AO (Ambient Occlusion) in video preferences and keeping ScSp turned on.
      Anything else (Anti-Aliasing, Post-proc AA) will depend on your set-up.
      I also suggest going through the THX set-up to ensure that you are experiencing this table as it was intended. Enjoy…

V3.3.8 Change Log Notes:
      *The difficulty is still set too “Expert” by default. To play Legendary Difficulty before starting a game hold both flipper buttons and use the Magna-Save buttons to switch.
      *The A.I. has a few new tricks up it’s sleeves and will average about one million points. It will still have a bad game now and then but will also sometimes play until the cows come home. You have been warned.
      *It will nudge harder, do bounce passes and his shot priority logic has been optimized to limit any dangerous shots and maximize points.
      *By default the table now as instruction cards explaining the user interface for setting up the A.I. game including player(s) (A.I. or Human), difficulty, canceling the A.I.’s turn etc.

V3.4.0 Change Log Notes:

If the AI Nudge is turned off the right outlane post will move in to the easy position during the computers turn. This is in case you have an accelerometer that tilt’s out during the AI’s turn thus still giving him a fair advantage.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by 3rdaxis.
      Total of 68 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

Unbelievably cool. Way to take a great game and give it new life!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Very cool! I will give this a try tonight. Thanks @3rdaxis and @g5k  :good: and i guess thanks to Roth too…. :rose:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

2 users thanked author for this post.
          robertms
          Participant
            @mophead

Absolutely brilliant implementation in every way, a little creepy too.. love it!

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Anyone notice 3rdaxis maybe the first to use the notes option in upload form. :) very cool that it actually works and shows in the downloads index :good:

for IOS and Android

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

I have two versions of this table in my cab.  One I have the playfield undersized to expose the scrolling star-field hiding beneath.  Looks like the table is floating in space.  Very cool.  And the intro music is a trip.

Glad this showed up on this site.

Thanks 3rdaxis!

Mark70
                Participant
                  @mark70

One of the coolest things on pinball-earth :)
                  Thanks again for another update.

vogliadicane
                  Participant
                    @vogliadicane

Great to see it here, too! :good:

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

Very happy to pull this out when I’ve got visitors, or if I feel I need some competition. Thank you guys for paving the way. :good:

Teahaus
                      Participant
                        @teahaus

The best.  Nothing else to say.

NickD
                        Participant
                          @nickd

hey great table and love it

since the update I cant get to play against the Ai ..its either all ai or all me but never both .. please advise

Nick

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

I think by default player 2 is computer player just add a couple credits and press start twice for 2 players. If you change settings just look at the red/green lights on left side of table to see your choices

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

Herweh
                            Participant
                              @herweh
                              vipMemberContributor

Awesome table with an awesome HAL. I have absolutely no chance vs. the computer. My next move is to set him to „Medium“.  :-)

rothbauerw
                                @rothbauerw
                                ModeratorContributorMembervip

Great updates!  I love the ability to select difficulty and computer/human with the flippers.  And the little LED’s on the left to tell what difficulty level and player/computer for each player!

One note, I used to be able to get both lights for FIRE and POWER to light up by enabling playfield reflections.  That doesn’t seem to work with this version, I’m only getting the inside light on each.  Was there another trick to get those to work?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

thanks for the update :good:

for IOS and Android

Scottacus
                                  Participant
                                    @scottacus
                                    MembervipContributor

What a fantastic table!  The only thing that I’ve seen like it is the Phantom Flip in MB which always amazes me so this is like that on steroids.  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

One suggestion is that not everyone uses the standard VP key assignments and I see you put in a key recognition line in the code so you were probably preparing for this.  Another way to handle this would be to assign the keys in the script by key name rather than KeyCode number.  This would require changing the key codes as follows:

54 -> RightFlipperKey

42 -> LeftFlipperKey

29 -> LeftMagnaSave

157 -> RightMagnaSave

This would make the table work for the player regardless of their key assignments.

3rdaxis
                                    Participant
                                      @3rdaxis
                                      MemberContributor

Great updates!  I love the ability to select difficulty and computer/human with the flippers.  And the little LED’s on the left to tell what difficulty level and player/computer for each player!

One note, I used to be able to get both lights for FIRE and POWER to light up by enabling playfield reflections.  That doesn’t seem to work with this version, I’m only getting the inside light on each.  Was there another trick to get those to work?

Thanks man, and thank you again for all the help on this.

Yea as far as the playfield issue i’m not sure. Was never able to recreate the condition here. Maybe try turning off Brute Force 4X SSAA.

3rdaxis
                                      Participant
                                        @3rdaxis
                                        MemberContributor

What a fantastic table!  The only thing that I’ve seen like it is the Phantom Flip in MB which always amazes me so this is like that on steroids.  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

One suggestion is that not everyone uses the standard VP key assignments and I see you put in a key recognition line in the code so you were probably preparing for this.  Another way to handle this would be to assign the keys in the script by key name rather than KeyCode number.  This would require changing the key codes as follows:

54 -> RightFlipperKey

42 -> LeftFlipperKey

29 -> LeftMagnaSave

157 -> RightMagnaSave

This would make the table work for the player regardless of their key assignments.

Good idea. That would really round out the script nicely. I’ll definitely make a note of this. Thanks. Have you tried changing the language at the start with the “L” key yet? lol. Too fun.

rothbauerw
                                          @rothbauerw
                                          ModeratorContributorMembervip

I did try turning off Brute Force, but no luck.  Not a major issue.  I just enlarge the light that works for both to cover the entire insert.  Not as pretty and not completely accurate, but gets the job done.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

3rdaxis
                                          Participant
                                            @3rdaxis
                                            MemberContributor

I’ll ask around, I know someone figured it out.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 122 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?