First Annual Virtual Pinball Awards

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

To make two things clear:

1. I never wanted to be on that list and i never said something in that direction!
      2. None of my comments was either toxic or disrespectfull!

To be clear…

…your inserts RULE! :)

Schreibi34
      Participant
        @schreibi34

Do you guys still have in mind that the whole thing started like this!?:

Bord: “No roth for best tutorials? Brutal.”

Schreibi34: “No Bord tables? Brutal  ;-)   ”

Really!!!!???

@kenswift

I’ve been in your situation more then once! People not liking a certain reflection on one of my tables after i have worked on it for 6 months, asking if icould make a version without it!? As we swabians say: “I could puke meter high hills when i think about it!” 

My respect to everybody who is working on this project!

But there are two reasons why i don’t want to be on that list and the first reason has been here forever:

The greyzone! I said it once and i say it again, we should stay below the radar. The more popular this hobby gets, the more likely it is that it will end some day. VP and sponsor (dunno if this was ment serious) don’t go along very well! And too much attention is no good.

Please do me one favour if this thing gets really big, take an eye on the grudge! The old guys won’t fall for that but there will be people teaming up for the big win and sharing with the community could become a lot less common. I’m not saying that this will happen, just have an eye on it. Thanks!

This is my personal opinion and i know it’s worth less then 2 cents!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Badazzwi
        Participant
          @badazzwi

I like the idea of this. As with anything people will have mixed opinions on it.

I myself don’t contribute any content due to lack of skills and time. Hopefully some day I can. I do however greatly appreciate those that do and share it with the community. I understand the countless amount of time that goes into creating and maintaining the content that we all enjoy. Those that give all that time deserve to be recognized. I believe that this is something meant for the community to show appreciation.

This hobby definitely continues to grow. The biggest enemy is those that continue to sell all the hard work of the creators against their wishes. That is uncalled for and complete bullshit.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

TerryRed
            @terryred

Something everyone can do on this post is create a list of tables / contributors they like for each category to bring attention to that for others to see here on this post, and maybe make a more informed vote for nominations.

I did this over at Pinball Nirvanna for my own personal favorites in the FP category.

Three stand outs for me for FP are:

“Jungle Girl” by shiva

“Blade Runner (Ultimate Pro)” by SLAMT1LT

“Indiana Jones (Stern – Ultimate Pro)” by SLAMT1LT, GLXB, Highlinder00

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Seriously. I can’t come up with any better plan to make an uproar in this community than this thread. Personally I find it provoking starting it with a pre populated list where I could not care less for most of the stuff. I won’t participate in any way and I’m pretty sure that I won’t agree on the result either. Yes, maybe my fault, not suggesting, but, I would much rather sit back and see the FB Pup community jerk themselves into orgasm over something I could not care less about. Pass me the popcorn please.

kenswift
              Participant
                @kenswift

Oh man, sorry you feel that way. Regardless I have massive respect for all your contributions. Thanks for all you do.

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Seriously. I can’t come up with any better plan to make an uproar in this community than this thread. Personally I find it provoking starting it with a pre populated list where I could not care less for most of the stuff. I won’t participate in any way and I’m pretty sure that I won’t agree on the result either. Yes, maybe my fault, not suggesting, but, I would much rather sit back and see the FB Pup community jerk themselves into orgasm over something I could not care less about. Pass me the popcorn please.

…. and yet you DID participate… by providing what you provide more than anything… piss and vinegar.

No suggestions… no help… you just pop in to say extremely rude things with the intent to anger and provoke.

I know you literally can’t stand anything to do with FP or PUP and maybe that as always just sets you off to begin with… and you won’t agree on anything else that doesn’t fall into your specific vision of what should be virtual pinball related. Well.. too bad buddy. Not everyone only likes what you like or sees things your way.

However… “most” people in this community are capable of at least “trying” to work together and be respectful without acting like you just did.

Yet “you” of all people specifically always wonder why so many people don’t want to come on to the forums when they get treated like this by you… a Moderator on this site.

I agree with kenswift… I too have a respect for many things you do behind the scenes… but damn it you’re capable of acting better than this… even if you don’t agree with it.

NailBuster
                    @nailbuster
                    ModeratorMember

You know there’s plenty of ways to express an opinion or thought…. I just don’t understand why you always choose the most ‘cringey’ way to say things.

Moderators are suppose to be somewhat neutral and promote discussions and ‘civil’ thoughts…..”Pass me the poppcorn” is the exact opposite.

JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

Thal, in his lovingly blunt fashion, did point out the flaw here.  Pre-populated list.

hawkeyez88
                      Participant
                        @hawkeyez88

Yeah you’re kind of an asshole when it comes to stuff like this. I agree with prior comments. The pre populated list is there to give people a thought – if you just select something and bypass the fill-in, well, that’s on that person to not think for themselves. To me, it has nothing to do with the “pup community” like you’ve mentioned. This is meant to be fun and start something new to just appreciate people that contribute, regardless if you like it or not. You are the absolute reason I don’t want to be a part of this community. And I know you don’t care about that, just thought I would mention it.

xenonph
                        Participant
                          @xenonph
                          MemberContributor

I have been offline for a year, and came back to find alot of new content!! (Been away since about middle of last Dec.)

Over 40 pages of downloads!! I still have 6 pages left to finish. (151 GB so far, and this is just for this sites downloads!!)

I have seen some amazing new tables, re-themes, pup packs, toppers, backglasses, resources, and some new FSS version tables!!

New features such as flexDMD and altsound, and primitive for playfield!!

New table authors, backglass makers, and all around content providers!!

I do like the idea of rewarding these contributors, and as we all know, they deserve the recognition!!

Just look at the number of downloads on most everyones download page, and then look at how many of those people thanked the person for their contribution.

We all know who the best table makers are, and who makes the best backglasses, and who makes the best clear plastic ramps, and who makes the best flashers, and who makes the best 3d models, or someone who travels over 300 miles just to get pics or sounds from tables not yet made in VP,  and who makes the best…..fill in the blank.

They all deserve a trophy if you ask me.

I am still downloading and havent tried many things out yet, so I will not be voting this year.

Maybe in the future, while also continuing your “best of” trophy voting , someone could also just have a wall with ALL of the communities contributors names on it saying thanks to them.

So that might help a little for those who might be feeling a little left out, if they dont get the votes needed.

Like STAT did for his links page. (Bottom of his page,)

http://www.digisystems.at/

Simple, yet effective, and no voting needed.

Another way of giving recognition, at least in the past it felt that way to me, was to nominate a table for that weeks table tournament.

This is actually very similiar to what you are trying to put together here.

I know my table mods don’t compare to the wizards who contribute their high quality tables.

But every week I would wait to see if one of my tables would be picked next!! (Probably would have died of a heart attack if it was my table picked!!)

Alas there could only be one table that got picked for that week. Yes I am sure the other contributors were hoping it was their table that got picked too.

But only one could win.

So that seems to be exactly how this trophy stuff will work.

People made it through the tournaments fine, without people feeling left out because it wasnt their table picked.

Maybe next year, have a list of all contributors before the voting starts.

I think it is a great idea to award these contributors with trophys!!

Any award is better than none at all!!

And they definately deserve to be recognized!!

I hope you achieve what you are trying to accomplish.

A simple recognition award, to those who absoluteley deserve it!!

Keep on Pinballin’

Carry on.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

To the ones that point out that I’m not allowed to have my own opinions being a moderator. Fine. Point taken. I’m hereby signing out of that job. B-)

kenswift
                            Participant
                              @kenswift

I love this. Super constructive, and well said. Thinking about how to handle this and you’re feedback is awesome and appreciated. Thanks for all you do.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Did.

shiva
                                Participant
                                  @shiva

Your allowed to have your opinions, no matter how wrong I think you are. :)

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

To the ones that point out that I’m not allowed to have my own opinions being a moderator. Fine. Point taken. I’m hereby signing out of that job. B-)

Literally no one has said that.

It was how you conducted yourself that was the issue. If everyone expressed their “opinions” the way you did here to respected “VPX” content creator / author on this site… you would be all over them and rightly so.

kenswift
                                    Participant
                                      @kenswift

I put a few in each category that were pretty commonly brought up as being some of the best in the field for the sole purpose of people knowing how to populate the other fields. The vast majority of the voting was always intended to be write ins. It was in the video I made and in the instructions. But let me as you this. If the voting reset, and everything was done as a write in, would the forum participate? My fear is, regardless of how it’s handled it won’t be supported. This is for the community, not for me. I gain nothing for doing this and only give my personal time and money. It’s totally worth it if it’s embraced and appreciated.

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

What ? No one mentioned me as a moderator not behaving the way a moderator should ? REALLY ?? Must be my bad English.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

My first line of the response is about how bad an idea this is to start with. NONE of you, and me included, knows every bits and details about what each person contributes to in this community. You guys have no idea how much time I spend behind the scene talking to people.

From the first period I start to tell you guys my personal feelings about the whole thing. It is very one sided, clearly written by, like Bord mention, living inside their bubble. I live in a bubble too. But, like Xenonph says, I can live with that Terry is on the complete oppsite side of the hobby than me. So, I find the whole thing provoking, as stated.

My native language is not English. But, I thought that you should at least be able to understand with some kind of willingness to see what I’m trying to tell you.

Yes, I’m pissed. Not first time, won’t be last. But, I seriously mean that I’m done. I can’t see how I can continue, knowing how little my work means to you guys.

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

My first line of the response is about how bad an idea this is to start with. NONE of you, and me included, knows every bits and details about what each person contributes to in this community. You guys have no idea how much time I spend behind the scene talking to people.

From the first period I start to tell you guys my personal feelings about the whole thing. It is very one sided, clearly written by, like Bord mention, living inside their bubble. I live in a bubble too. But, like Xenonph says, I can live with that Terry is on the complete oppsite side of the hobby than me. So, I find the whole thing provoking, as stated.

My native language is not English. But, I thought that you should at least be able to understand with some kind of willingness to see what I’m trying to tell you.

Yes, I’m pissed. Not first time, won’t be last. But, I seriously mean that I’m done. I can’t see how I can continue, knowing how little my work means to you guys.

I’ll point out that both myself and the poster and creator of this have said we appreciate all you do behind the scenes. (I get it as I’m in a similar boat in other ways)

Also… I for real honestly thought English was your main language! I had no idea.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?