First build G'n'F'R

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    tommygavinrocks
    Participant
      @tommygavinrocks

Hello all.  Some very impressive builds in this thread , very inspiring! Love looking trough other peoples builds.

Here are a few pics of the steps to my “close to complete” cab. I’m sure as many of you can relate, I blew my original budget out of the water in no time flat…but I did cut a few items off my wishlist. 4K will have to wait for another time. I’ve had a blast learning how making this, thanks to the outstanding content and tutorial/advice, provided here. Can’t wait to start my next one …hopefully with less mistakes haha.

Hardware breakdown:

PC: Aleienware Alpha R2. TV:42″, BG: 27″, DMD: Pin2DMD

Teensy with two addressable strips and undercab RGB. 4 strobes (RED/BLUE) under the BG. sainsmart relay board, 5 RGB flashers, LEDwiz, shaker motor, knocker, pinscape for plunger and buttons, 5 solenoids  (Ford starters)

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

Nice pin but also NICE SUPER SPRINT!!!  I used to love playing that game, also played that similar 8 player version back in the day.  Gosh I’m old.

tommygavinrocks
        Participant
          @tommygavinrocks

Thanks,

I’m old too, but I don’t recall the 8 player version. The Super Sprint is my pre-pin project. I’m still going to restore that baby to it’s former glory. Great game for sure

drickman156
          Participant
            @drickman156

Nice build, looks great! Did you build the cabinet from scratch? I love that GnR side art. I’d love to see more build pictures if you have an album online.

tommygavinrocks
            Participant
              @tommygavinrocks

Thank you.

I built it from scratch, yes. I made a cad drawing then had a local CNC place cut it out for me. I tried to keep it as close to a real pin dimensions as possible , but had to build around the TV I chose.  The art is from retrorefurbs. I was very pleased with the product.

I’ll add some more pics later for sure.

Thavks again!

tommygavinrocks
              Participant
                @tommygavinrocks

Here’s a few of the missing steps above.

tommygavinrocks
                Participant
                  @tommygavinrocks

A few more…

drickman156
                  Participant
                    @drickman156

Very Nice! I did a 3d model for my cab too, but I only have a small CNC (2’x2′) so I mostly just used it as a reference to cut by hand. Didn’t even consider looking for a local shop to do it. If you don’t mind sharing, how much did it cost you to get your design CNCed?

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

Thanks,

I’m old too, but I don’t recall the 8 player version. The Super Sprint is my pre-pin project. I’m still going to restore that baby to it’s former glory. Great game for sure

It was actually sprint 8

tommygavinrocks
                      Participant
                        @tommygavinrocks

@drickman.

I originally planned on cutting it by hand, however I would have had to spend so much on tools that I decided to look into the CNC option. Most places are happy to do small one off projects I found.

With two sheets of 3/4 black melamine included, it was about $400 cad. So just under $300 after tax for the cuts. I most likely would have butchered the cuts myself, so it was worth it to me haha.

@Loafer:

I rember that game! I didn’t even realize it was part of the series. Cool.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?