Fish Tales

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores
      MemberModerator

this can be done by using a DSLR camera with nice glass (lens) it should be done in 3rds or 4ths with about a 2o% or so overlap… then it can be stitched together by me or any of the other guys with the right software…

…or if anyone is ever located in Brisbane Australia with a playfield, I have access to a 1.2 gigapixel scanning camera and colour corrected art copy stand. I’m itching to try a playfield with this thing…. just imagine a no-stitched, super high resolution, colour accurate, dimensionally accurate playfield scan. Drool! ;)

Bloody hell Rusty ! that is a fair bit of kit. PS. love your photography, as an amateur photo buff I have no end of admiration! Great community, I really like watching / reading how these new tables come together ( and occasionally fall apart ! :) ) Just wish I had more than admiration, jealousy and amazement to offer back !! Cheers, al.

Cheers Al, thanks for the kind words.

Yes the scanning camera is an amazing bit of kit. It’s the largest in the country and it forms the foundation of a mate’s Art Reproduction business.  The vertical copy setup would easily accommodate a pinball playfield and every time I go there I look at and think “damn I want to use that for VP” lol

I work closely with these guys for my photography work and the gear there for printing & reverse acrylic laminations would be a valuable asset to use for both pin & arcade cabs too. Mark is always open to new ideas and like all of us, looking for new ways to make money, so it’s only a matter of time before I get him involved I think ;)

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?