Flight 2000 (Stern 1980)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

Interesting you thought it felt harder @thalamus when I think the physics changes make it easier, although that may be because my brain expects the table to behave more realistically, and I think it does now. Great work. My uncle used to own this machine. My cousin and I played it when we were little kids and had no idea how anything worked, but my uncle knew what he was doing and showed off multiball to us.

I’m not sure the difficulty has increased. It may play a bit less predictably now, but on the flipside I think it feels a lot more like pinball from this era (albeit with a new coat of wax). After a hundred+ games I’d say this is very close to how I play and score on the few Flight 2ks I’ve played.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Played this table before Dr. Dude tonight and I had such fun. It plays great Bord. New GC set. I noticed a couple of time whoever that on the upper most lock I had at least two times the ball creeping a bit – struggling to settle. One ball looked like he was dancing to a disco beat before he slowly crept down and hit the switch. Both those shots where soft, almost not reaching.

But, in none of the cases I had to abort the game.

bord
          @bord

Dude, this does look so good now in my cab! :yes: I also like thenew physics :good:

Edit: I never played the real table, but is it right, that balls locked in are not shot out after game over?

Correct. Once they’re up there they stay. They don’t count toward advancing your locks as you still need to lock 2 balls with every new game. It can come in handy to have a ball kickout up top when you’re trying to finish the upper rollovers, though.

bord
            @bord

Played this table before Dr. Dude tonight and I had such fun. It plays great Bord. New GC set. I noticed a couple of time whoever that on the upper most lock I had at least two times the ball creeping a bit – struggling to settle. One ball looked like he was dancing to a disco beat before he slowly crept down and hit the switch. Both those shots where soft, almost not reaching.

But, in none of the cases I had to abort the game.

Interesting. Haven’t seen that but it makes sense that it could happen. Those lock walls can be reshaped to hold the ball steady. I’ll put it on my eventual update list.

Jodannar
            Participant
              @jodannar

I’ll open up the machine this weekend and take off the smaller plastics for a scan, or if colour isn’t too important scan the older set as they are out

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Bob Albright
              Participant
                @bobalbright

In the VP9 version I use to get a guy who would say “off” when off was lit and “blast” when blast was lit. Any way to implement that on this new version. Plays well. Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

bord
                  @bord

In the VP9 version I use to get a guy who would say “off” when off was lit and “blast” when blast was lit. Any way to implement that on this new version. Plays well. Thanks

Instructions are in the table description.

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

Nice update  :good:

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

Looks great, can’t wait to play it, will be downloading this tomorrow (road trip today ).

STAT
                      Participant
                        @stefanaustria
                        MemberContributor

Thanks bord, will be a great Night for me, also with this Table :bye:

Magnus
                        Participant
                          @solidrock68

Love this table! On my comp, the sound is very loud on this table.

Is there any volume settings for this?

bord
                            @bord

Love this table! On my comp, the sound is very loud on this table.

Is there any volume settings for this?

Those classic Stern ROMs can be pretty noisy. I recommend using PinVol: http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/PinVol.html

kds70
                            Participant
                              @kds70

or normalize it via pressing F12 while playing to “-10” … works fine

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

arconovum
                              Participant
                                @nicholaschristopher
                                MemberContributor

As was Galaxy, modded this table to FSS. thx a bunch bord.

Attachments:
                                2 users thanked author for this post.
                                bord
                                  @bord

Looks incredible. For your part is it easier to work with pre-rendered textures like F2k has or better with native VPX materials and not all the ray tracing?

arconovum
                                  Participant
                                    @nicholaschristopher
                                    MemberContributor

I reuse all your work, in the case of F2K unlike Galaxy I was forced to add a little bit more. But I really like the renders they add a whole lot of detail I can’t spare the time to do.

KrS14
                                    Participant
                                      @krs14

I think I found a bug.

I’ve had this happen twice now:  While in multi-ball say you have 2 balls left, you shoot one up the left spinner to go through the stages, and you drain the other ball at almost the same time.  You will lose both balls and that counted ball number (turn).

It should be taking that ball going through the stages as in play still.

I’ve had to adjust the left spinner wall as it almost always directed the ball between the center post and the flipper.  Pretty sure i remember it always going towards the right flipper off that wall.

Not sure why but i find it way harder than the real thing to get the stages shot as well.  I’ve tried moving some rubbers/posts, but it’s a “grouped” primitive that can’t be moved by itself, without moving everything.

This may be a rom issue, or VPMAME issue, but i find the sounds are way off and quiet when you trigger multi-ball as well.

Just some observations.

I grew up on this table.  It was long ago but I played it many hundreds of times :)

TheProdigyUK
                                      Participant
                                        @theprodigyuk

It’s a lovely table but how do I turn the volume down it’s very very loud

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

Asking once is enough mate.

bord
                                            @bord

It is pretty loud on all the Stern and Ballys from this era. No idea how to control the volume, I’m afraid. Maybe someone else has figured it out? Certainly isn’t an option in the ROM.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 62 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?