Followed advice, purchased cabinet, now need your help loading tables

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    jevansoh
    Participant
      @jevansoh

Hi everybody,

You may remember I asked about purchasing a cabinet with preloaded tables and it stoked the fire to put it lightly but you guys set me straight and I took delivery of a Back to the Future VPCabs cabinet today.

I read the stickies and guides but have some issues I can’t figure out.

I just took delivery of my new Back to the Future cabinet from VPCabs today.  Unfortunately, it has no Future Pinball tables loaded on it.  I did the all in one install and set up BAM.  I followed the guide and got everything set up in PinballX, too.

I downloaded one table to test.  Bubble Bobble.

I can’t figure out how to get the playfield to stretch it’s width.  It fills the screen top to bottom (screen rotated 270 of course) but not side to side.

I installed FutureDMD and when I run FutureDMD by itself it now shows up on my 3rd monitor and is positioned correctly, but when I load Bubble Bobble the DMD is part of the backglass and nothing shows on the dmd display.

The backglass shows up on the correct monitor but is only about 25% of the size of the screen and roughly centered on the screen.

I really don’t know what to do.  I followed all the guides and got to this point and got it loaded in PinballX’s game manager (Still don’t know how I did that one because although when I click “launch” it launches, and it is the only table I have right now in the tables folder, but I swear I never remember picking the table or setting it up.  All I could figure out how to do was import the wheel image.  Somehow it is launching, though.) but am now stuck.

I’d really appreciate some help with this one.

Thanks,

–J

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

You need to use BAM’s FPLoader to load Future Pinball tables instead of the Future Pinball.exe

By doing this you can now use BAM (press Q or ~ after table is loaded to see BAM’s settings) to setup the table and backbox size, position, angle, lighting, post processing, whatever you want for each table. You can also save a “default” cfg that will be used for all tables when they are loaded the first time.

FutureDMD can only display “DMDs”, so any table that uses older segment / numerical scores (like Bubble Bobble) won’t show on FutureDMD. Neither will any videos (HUD Overlays, etc)

jevansoh
        Participant
          @jevansoh

Thanks for the response and explanation about Bubble Bobble.

I have BAM set up and am using it.  I pressed Q for settings but cannot figure out how to navigate or which settings to change to get the backglass to change size in any way and the playfield I could only figure out how to stretch vertically.

Any tips?

TerryRed
            @terryred

All I can tell you that you need to be in “Static” Mode, and you will find the setting for size,etc to be in the Table and Lights menu.

Try going to “Previous Menu” from the main Bam menu, etc….. everything is in there…its tricky to explain.

jevansoh
            Participant
              @jevansoh

Thanks, Terry!

That helped a lot, actually.  I figured out the sizing.

Now for the next problem…Getting DofLinx set up.

I have it set up, followed the guides/tutorial, and am not getting any feedback of any kind.

There are a few Visual Pinball tables that came preloaded on the cabinet and all the solenoids, strobes, RGB LED’s, etc all work with Visual Pinball but I can’t get it working with Future Pinball or Pinball FX2.

When I run DofLinx.exe I also get an error message.  It allows me to continue, but the error message is Unhandled Exception could not load directoutput cab cabinet owner.

Any suggestions on how I would get some feedback going?

Thanks,

–J

jevansoh
              Participant
                @jevansoh

I see another problem.  The flippers react nicely (but no feedback) but the ball is jerky in a few different tables I’ve tried.  It’s slow and jerky.  What can I do about that?

TerryRed
                  @terryred

I’d recommend asking DDH69 at this point in the DOFLinx forum over at vpforums.org, as he would know best (since he made DOFLinx) how to help you.

HauntFreaks
                    @hauntfreaks
                    vipContributorMember

https://virtualpinball.com/pages/support

jevansoh
                    Participant
                      @jevansoh

I’ve been talking to Brad at VPCabs but so far, since he doesn’t know what I changed exactly, he hasn’t been able to help.  I feel so stupid and know better but didn’t make a backup first and now I’m stuck here without any feedback or lighting effects.

HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

I’m going to get rude here so dont take offence…. that MFer made 200%-300% profit off of you

call that POS MFer back, tell him to get on TeamViewer and make it Fing WORK!!!… Fing Dickbag, damn dam it!!!!

feel free to tell the POS I told you so….. HauntFreaks (Brian Ryan)
                        and to contact ME if he disagrees!!

jevansoh
                        Participant
                          @jevansoh

But it’s my fault.  It worked great when he left.  He installed (said he licenses them) around 80 Pinball FX2 tables as well and everything was working great.  I’m the idiot who didn’t make a backup and somehow messed something up.

I’ve been in touch with him and he’s trying to help me, and I did mention TeamViewer but he hasn’t taken me up on that offer yet unfortunately.

I honestly don’t think he knows how to help, though.

Jesperpark
                          Participant
                            @jesperpark

I would think you should be able to get some tech support from these guys.  These cab’s can be a challenge, for all you know something did go wrong with “his” setup already, it’s nature of the beast.

Also make a backup, heck make 2 B-)

So the “free” DOFlinx software that ddh69 made, come in your cabinet?  I hope there is some money going back to ddh69 on that, maybe there is.  Then again that’s the slippery slope.  But a guy making a program (DOFlinks), sharing it freely, then vpcabs come along and uses that software to sell more cabs? Extreme Douchy  IMO

jevansoh
                            Participant
                              @jevansoh

I don’t remember Doflinx.exe being in the directory but I do remember the directoutput directory being there.  It’s not like me to not make a backup so I’m wondering if it was there or not now.

My question now is this.  Is there anything that would make Visual Pinball tables work with lighting and force feedback OTHER than DofLinx?  If so, that might be what I messed up.  If not, then I’m mistaken and did overwrite the directory and am now getting an error telling me the left flipper must be set to something like 1-0 but I “do” have it set that way in the ini file so I don’t know what the problem is.

HauntFreaks
                                @hauntfreaks
                                vipContributorMember

I honestly don’t think he knows how to help, though.

thank you, thank you, thank you, you just made my day and my point i have been trying to make from “shark day” one  :heart:
                                same dudes that steal all our shit, dont even understand OUR SHIT…. un-Fing-believable

jevansoh
                                Participant
                                  @jevansoh

I understand you don’t like these guys but I hope you and others don’t take it out on me. :)  I need help.  He can’t help.  Can you help?  Will you help?  I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

–J

Jesperpark
                                  Participant
                                    @jesperpark

Okay so which pinball program does not have the feedback?  There are different yet intertwined programs

Visual pinball uses DOF

Future pinball and pinballfx3 uses doflinx, which piggy backs DOF if i am correct

Are you getting lights/feedback on any program right now?

Anybody else that wants to jump in is more than welcome too, as I have not used doflinx very much.  Like Terry said DDH69 is your best DOFlinx guy, he will be able to straighten you out.

jevansoh
                                    Participant
                                      @jevansoh

I’m just trying to get Visual Pinball to have force feedback and lighting like it did when the guy left.  I messed it up and don’t know what I did.  Does doflinx.exe not have anything to do with visual pinball then?

What I’m trying to figure out right now is exactly what “Dof” is without doflinx and where the configuration file would be and what it is called that tells Dof how to communicate with my lighting and solenoids.  If I could figure out exactly what I need, or accidentally overwrote, or isn’t working, maybe just maybe I could get a copy of it from the guy I bought it from as he could steal a copy from a working machine.

He sent me the whole directoutput directory but that didn’t work.  I don’t see anything that specifies which “toys” I have, though, other than doflinx.ini which I can’t get working right and now believe doesn’t have anything to do with visual pinball to begin with.

Thanks for your help,

–J

jevansoh
                                      Participant
                                        @jevansoh

To answer your question more specifically, when I bought it and when he left Visual Pinball was the only thing that had force feedback and lighting working but now it isn’t working and nothing else is either.  I have no force feedback or lighting on any program.

Jesperpark
                                        Participant
                                          @jesperpark

DOFlinx has nothing to do with visual pinball.  It works with pinball fx 2 and future pinball only

The direct output folder he gave you is most likely setup already with your inputs good to go.

jevansoh
                                          Participant
                                            @jevansoh

Unfortunately it isn’t, though.  It’s not working. :(

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?