Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Please read directions for config tool. Everyone has explained it many times in forums but you simply add your feedback toys to each port in tool then generate the config. setup your account first of coarse. Its all very basic stuff you must learn or you just purchased a boat anchor so take some time and research its such a great hobby but you need to take your time

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

Just to make sure we’re on the same page can you give me a link to the tool you’re talking about because there are two of them that allow me to pick my toys and I want to make sure I’m on the right one.

Thanks,

–J

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Link is at top nav menu dof config tool

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

Ok, I took my time.  I read everything.  I used the tool and since I haven’t yet made a map of what’s what, just to see if I could get something working, I picked left flipper then right flipper and then left flipper and right flipper, over and over, for every port, that way no matter what port the left flipper and right flipper was actually on, at least those would work.  In theory.  I saved the configuration.  I generated the files.  I unzipped the files into the config directory.  I launched Visual Pinball and it doesn’t work.  Still doesn’t work.  I’m totally frustrated now because I have no clue what else to try.

I can go into LED Blinky and test each function and they all work.  But after generating the file with only trying to get the flippers to work, I still get nothing.

I don’t know where to go from here.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Lookup the official Gide to dof on github

https://github.com/DirectOutput

It steps you through properly step by step

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

Ok, I have it figured out.  I found the original ini file and everything is working again, but I also made a map to the best of my ability.

I don’t know about two things, though.  I had a very hard time pinpointing what was what. There is one device in the very back of the cabinet that makes the biggest and loudest “knocking” sound and I don’t know what to call it. There’s another device that when it’s activated it spins around. I don’t know what that is, either.

Once I make my map using the Dof config tool, I don’t know exactly how to proceed with DofLinx in order to get Future Pinball and Pinball FX2 to work, either.

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

I’m also having another problem.  Some Visual Pinball tables (about half so far) have sticky flippers.  I’ll press the flipper and it’s either slow to respond or stays in the up position until I press the flipper button again.

This is also happening on the one Future Pinball table I loaded.  Those flippers (and the ball on that one) are slow to respond and jerky.

I don’t know what’s causing this but it makes it pretty much unplayable.  A lot of tables do it and some don’t.  All of the Pinball FX2 tables are fine, though.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Glad you got it sorted! Sounds like the two toys are a knocker(loud) and gear motor(turning) as for sticky flippers that usually running a table from desktop or… bs2 issue make sure everything is unblocked and ran as admin for that issue

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

Thanks for all your help.  Without forum members such as yourself, I never would’ve gotten it sorted out.

Unfortunately, nothing is blocked and everything is set to run as Admin.  So I don’t know where to look for the sticky flippers and it is a real bummer.  Any other suggestions would be most appreciated.

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

Well, I’m at a loss. I have followed the DofLinx guide to the “T” and have tried Future Pinball and Pinball FX2 and am not getting any feedback or lighting on either one. DofLinx is running and everything is configured so I am at a total loss here. I could really use some help. This is so frustrating.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Doflinx is fairly straight forward deal. You sure it’s running and your config file is setup correctly? Up your ini so we can look

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

####
    # The config file for DOFLinx
    # A mad idea by DDH69 to have some flipper sounds, RGB display and turn buttons on when playing Pinball FX2 via Steam
    # Its grown a lot since that silly start!
    # Note – this works with LEDWiz, PacLed64, KL25Z and Sainsmart (FTDI devices)
    # Edit this file as you see fit, lines that start with a hash (#) or are blank are not processed. This blurb and comments can be cut out if you want.
    #
    # Output devices outputs are entered in the format of
    # device (D) and output number (#) in the format D##, so controller device 1 and output 3 is “103” without the quotes, controller board 2 output 23 is “223” without quotes
    ####

# location of your standard DOF outut configuration file. Keep this as the first item in the file
    DIRECTOUTPUTCONFIG=c:\DirectOutput\config\directoutputconfig20.ini

# If you want to list the processes that will wake up DOFLinx, comment it out if you just want Pinball FX2
    PROCESSES=Pinball FX2,Future Pinball,VPinball_9_9_1,VPPhysMod5

# Which DOF Controller output for the flipper solenoids / contactors
    L_FLIPPER_OUTPUT=227
    R_FLIPPER_OUTPUT=226
    # The keyboard hex code for the key that is used for each flipper from https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375731(v=vs.85).aspx
    # Left Shift = A0, Right Shift = A1
    L_FLIPPER_KEY=A2
    R_FLIPPER_KEY=A3
    # Just in case things go wrong (ie no keyup signal is detected, flipper held down for a long time), what is the maximum time a flipper solenoid / contactor can be in in milliseconds
    MAX_FLIPPER_ON=5000
    # What LEDWiz output(s) are used for RGB devices. Just enter the Red output number. Multiples can be entered seperated by a comma
    RGB_OUTPUT=236
    # Rainbow – cycle through the colours, Random – pick a random next colour, A colour name as it appears in the DirectOutputConfig.ini file
    RGB_STYLE=RANDOM
    # What changes the colour? Time – set time period, Flipper = flipper press after the RGB_TRIGGER minimum time (to stop rapid colour changes)
    RGB_TRIGGER=FLIPPER
    # Dependent on trigger selection the period between changes or the minimum time for change between flipper flips
    RGB_MIN_TIME=1000
    # The button(s) to turn on when DOFLinx starts, ie the exit button LED
    #BUTTONS_ON=102 104
    # Make the “1” (31) key (Start in VP) pulse LEDWiz 120 and “4” (34) to pulse controller/output 121
    #KEY_TO_OUTPUT=32 101 35 106 36 105
    # Set a key to turn on a specific colour for your RGB. The line below makes the Left Control (A2) and the Right Control (A3) turn my undercab RGB strip red.
    # In Pinball FX2 this means when I nudge it all goes red.
    #KEY_TO_COLOUR=A2 109 Red A3 109 Red
    # Setting FORCE_ACTIVE=1 will cause DOFFX2 to not listen for processes and just run until you kill the process. Handy for using it for things other than PinBall FX2
    FORCE_ACTIVE=0
    # If you want the program to stop when your named process stops then set this to 1. If you want it to run in the background all the time leave it as 0
    QUIT_AFTER_PROCESS=0
    # Set to 1 to output the game name to the log regardless of the DEBUG flag setting. Set to 0 to simply follow the DEBUG flag.
    # Quite useful when you trying to get the FX2 window game name for setting game specific colours
    OUTPUT_GAME_NAME=1

####
    # Sample setup to enable the Future Pinball Link. Edit the LINK_ items to be your ports and settings.
    ####
    FP_ATTEMPT_LINK=1
    # Use the line below if you need to extend the wait time for a FP table to load
    FP_LINK_WAIT_TIME=60000
    LINK_LF=227,50,10000,255
    LINK_RF=226,50,10000,255
    LINK_LS=217,50,500,255
    LINK_RS=218,50,500,255
    LINK_ML=220,50,500,255
    LINK_MC=224,50,500,255
    LINK_MR=219,50,500,255
    #LINK_BL=130,50,500,255
    #LINK_BC=131,50,500,255
    #LINK_BR=132,50,500,255
    #LINK_SH=115,1000,5000,255
    LINK_GR=225,750,10000,255
    LINK_KN=228,120,500,255
    LINK_ST=216
    #LINK_EB=101
    #LINK_CN=106,105,103
    #LINK_EX=104
    LINK_FLOL=201
    LINK_FLIL=204
    LINK_FLCN_207
    LINK_FLIR=210
    LINK_FLOR=213

####
    # 0 = OFF (normal operation), 1 = ON – When ON a window will appear and a log file will be created in the EXE directory.
    DEBUG=0

####
    #SETTING_ACTIVATE=A2,A3
    #SETTING_UP=A0
    #SETTING_DOWN=A1
    #SETTING_CHANGE=31
    #SETTING_EXIT=1B
    #SETTING_MESSAGE=L Flipper = Up, R Flipper = Down, Start = Change, EB = Exit
    #SETTING=UnderCab,101,Under cabinet lighting disabled,Off,Y
    #SETTING=Flashers,102,Flashers Enabled,On,Y
    #SETTING=Addressable,103,Addressable LEDS Enabled,On,N
    SETTING=NIGHT,,Night Mode,Off,Y

#####
    # Game specific colours in the formnat of a CSV of Game Name,Colour#1,Colour#2 – colours as they appear in your directoutputconfig
    # Thanks to Vizzini here is a great starting list for Pinball FX2
    #####
    GAME_COLOUR=AlienIsolationPinball,Medium_Blue,Lime,Dodger_Blue,Lime_Green
    GAME_COLOUR=AlienvsPredatorPinball,Medium_Blue,Lime_Green,Dodger_Blue,Yellow_Green
    GAME_COLOUR=AliensPinball,Medium_Blue,Dark_Golden_Rod,Dodger_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=AmericanDadPinball,Medium_Blue,Lime_Green,Dodger_Blue,Yellow_Green
    GAME_COLOUR=ArcherPinball,Medium_Blue,Yellow,Dodger_Blue,Blue_Violet
    GAME_COLOUR=Biolab,Dark_Red,Lime,Blue,Cyan,Blue_Violet,Yellow
    GAME_COLOUR=Blade,Blue,Blue_Violet,Salmon
    GAME_COLOUR=BobaFett,Lime,Golden_Rod,Blue_Violet
    GAME_COLOUR=BobsBurgersPinball,Medium_Blue,Lime_Green,Dark_Red,Dodger_Blue,Yellow_Green
    GAME_COLOUR=CaptainAmerica,Blue,Dark_Red,Dodger_Blue,Gold
    GAME_COLOUR=CastleStorm,Blue,Gold,Lime,Dodger_Blue,Orange,Lime_Green
    GAME_COLOUR=CivilWar,Blue,Dark_Red,Dodger_Blue,Light_Salmon
    GAME_COLOUR=Deadpool,Dark_Red,Blue,Medium_slate_blue,Dodger_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=DoomPinball,Yellow,Silver,Gray,Dark_Orange,Dim_Gray,Orange_Red,Peru,Crimson
    GAME_COLOUR=DoctorStrange,Dark_Red,Blue,Gold,Lime_Green,Dark_Violet,Orange,Dodger_Blue,Lime,Medium_Slate_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=EarthDefense,Dark_Red,Blue,Gold,Dark_Violet,Orange,Dodger_Blue,Lime
    GAME_COLOUR=ElDorado,Orange,Lime_Green,Yellow,Coral,Lime,Yellow_Green,Cyan
    GAME_COLOUR=EpicQuest,Lime_Green,Dodger_Blue,Yellow_Green,Cyan
    GAME_COLOUR=Excalibur,Dark_Red,Blue,Lime,Dodger_Blue,Cyan
    GAME_COLOUR=FalloutPinball,Crimson,White,Red,Brown,Light_Steel_Blue,Slate_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=FamilyGuyPinball,Dodger_Blue,Lime_Green,Salmon,Dark_Violet,Yellow_Green
    GAME_COLOUR=FantasticFour,Blue,Yellow,Dodger_Blue,Orange_Red
    GAME_COLOUR=FearItself,Dark_Red,Blue,Yellow,Lime,Dark_Violet,Orange
    GAME_COLOUR=GhostRider,Dodger_Blue,White,Yellow,Light_Salmon,Orange_Red
    GAME_COLOUR=GuardiansoftheGalaxy,Dodger_Blue,Orange,Medium_Purple
    GAME_COLOUR=IRONMAN,Blue,Dark_Red,Dodger_Blue,Gold
    GAME_COLOUR=Mars,Blue,Yellow,Deep_sky_blue,Gold
    GAME_COLOUR=MarvelsAntMan,Medium_Blue,Dark_Red,Dodger_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=MarvelsAvengersAgeofUltron,Dark_Red,Dodger_Blue,Lime_Green,Light_Salmon,Cyan
    GAME_COLOUR=MarvelsTheAvengers,Blue,Dark_Red,Dodger_Blue,Gold
    GAME_COLOUR=MarvelsWomenofPowerAForce,Red,Lime,Gold,Slate_Blue,Tomato,Silver,Dark_Orchid,Spring_Green
    GAME_COLOUR=MarvelsWomenofPowerChampions,Dodger_Blue,Yellow,Red,Gray,Golden_Rod,Crimson,Orange
    GAME_COLOUR=MoonKnight,Dodger_Blue,Blue,Cyan,Royal_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=MsSplosionMan,Dodger_Blue,Pink,Medium_Blue,Purple,Royal_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=Paranormal,Lime_Green,Dodger_Blue,Yellow_Green
    GAME_COLOUR=Pasha,Dark_Violet,Golden_Rod,Dodger_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=PlantsVSZombies,Lime_Green,Yellow_Green,Dodger_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=Portal,Dodger_Blue,Yellow_Green,Medium_Blue,Yellow
    GAME_COLOUR=Rome,Dark_Red,Gold,Dodger_Blue,Light_Salmon,Yellow_Green,Orange
    GAME_COLOUR=SecretsoftheDeep,Blue,Yellow,Dodger_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=Shaman,Dark_Red,Blue,Gold,Dark_Violet,Orange,Dodger_Blue,Lime
    GAME_COLOUR=SorcerersLair,Blue,Blue_Violet,Dodger_Blue,Slate_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=SouthParkButtersVeryOwnPinballGame,Dark_Red,Blue,Gold,Dark_Violet,Orange,Dodger_Blue,Lime_Green
    GAME_COLOUR=SouthParkSuperSweetPinball,Dark_Red,Lime,Blue,Gold,Dark_Violet,Orange,Dodger_Blue,Lime_Green,Yellow_Green
    GAME_COLOUR=SpiderMan,Dark_Red,Lime,Blue,Gold,Dark_Violet,Orange
    GAME_COLOUR=STARWARSDARTHVADER,Light_sky_blue,Dark_Red,Cyan
    GAME_COLOUR=StarWarsEpisodeVTheEmpireStrikesBack,Medium_Blue,Yellow,Dark_Red,Dodger_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=StarWarsEpisodeVIReturnoftheJedi,Slate_Blue,Golden_Rod,Medium_Blue,Lime_Green,Dodger_Blue,Yellow
    GAME_COLOUR=StarWarsPinballDroids,Medium_Blue,Yellow,Orange,Navy,Gold,Orange_Red
    GAME_COLOUR=StarWarsPinballEpisodeIVANewHope,Cyan,Golden_Rod,Dodger_Blue,Yellow
    GAME_COLOUR=StarWarsPinballHanSolo,Dodger_Blue,Royal_Blue,Antique_White
    GAME_COLOUR=StarWarsPinballMastersoftheForce,Medium_Blue,Salmon,Dodger_Blue,Purple,Cyan,Dark_Red
    GAME_COLOUR=StarWarsPinballMightoftheFirstOrder,Light_sky_blue,Dodger_Blue,Dark_Red,Cyan
    GAME_COLOUR=StarWarsPinballStarWarsRebels,Medium_Blue,Yellow,Royal_Blue,Orange_Red,Purple,Lime_Green
    GAME_COLOUR=StarWarsPinballTheForceAwakens,Dark_Red,Medium_Blue,Blue_Violet
    GAME_COLOUR=StarWarsPinballRogueOne,Gray,Silver,Light_Sky_Blue,Teal,Beige,Bisque,Aqua_Marine,Slate_Gray,Dark_Orange
    GAME_COLOUR=StarWarsStarfighterAssault,Medium_Blue,Dodger_Blue,Dark_Red
    GAME_COLOUR=StarWarsTheCloneWars,Dark_Red,Pink,Medium_Blue,Medium_Turquoise,Lime,Lime_Green
    GAME_COLOUR=SuperLeagueASRoma,Lime_Green,Orange,Lime,Yellow,Red
    GAME_COLOUR=SuperLeagueZenStudiosFC,Lime_Green,Orange,Lime,Yellow,Red
    GAME_COLOUR=SuperLeagueArsenalFC,Lime_Green,Orange,Lime,Yellow,Red
    GAME_COLOUR=SuperLeagueLiverpoolFC,Lime_Green,Orange,Lime,Yellow,Red
    GAME_COLOUR=SuperLeagueJuventus,Lime_Green,Orange,Lime,Yellow,Red
    GAME_COLOUR=SuperLeagueACMilan,Lime_Green,Orange,Lime,Yellow,Red
    GAME_COLOUR=SuperLeagueRealMadridCF,Lime_Green,Medium_Blue,Lime,Yellow,Red
    GAME_COLOUR=SuperLeagueFCBarcelona,Slate_Blue,Lime_Green,Yellow,Blue_Violet,Lime,Red
    GAME_COLOUR=Tesla,Lime_Green,Yellow_Green,Dodger_Blue,Golden_Rod
    GAME_COLOUR=TheElderScrollsVSkyrimPinball,Light_Slate_Gray,Gold,Golden_Rod,Dark_Sea_Green,Peru,Tan
    GAME_COLOUR=TheInfinity Gauntlet,Dark_Red,Blue,Gold,Dark_Violet,Orange,Dodger_Blue,Lime
    GAME_COLOUR=TheWalkingDead,Lime_Green,Royal_Blue,Yellow_Green
    GAME_COLOUR=Thor,Dark_Red,Blue,Gold,Dark_Violet,Orange,Dodger_Blue,Lime
    GAME_COLOUR=V12,Dark_Red,Blue,Gold,Dark_Violet,Orange,Dodger_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=Venom,Dark_Red,Blue,Dark_Violet,Dodger_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=WildWestRampage,Yellow_Green,Dodger_Blue,Royal_Blue
    GAME_COLOUR=Wolverine,Dark_Red,Medium_Blue,Yellow,Dark_Violet
    GAME_COLOUR=WorldWarHulk,Lime_Green,Yellow_Green,Dodger_Blue,Lime,Yellow
    GAME_COLOUR=XMen,Blue,Blue_Violet,Gold,Dodger_Blue,Slate_Blue,Orange

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

Ok, thanks to DDH69’s help on another forum I have made some progress.

Bubble Bobble – Future Pinball is working all except one thing. The strobe lights keep strobing during the whole game. But at least everything else works!! Great progress.

However, unrelated to DofLinx is that Bubble Bobble (my first and only Future Pinball table right now) is slow and laggy so it isn’t really playable.  I don’t know what to do about this, either.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Future pinball physics are floaty and. It great that’s just the way it is. Enjoy future pinball for what it is it’s still fun. It don’t expect to hit what your aiming for

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

Ok, thanks to DDH69’s help on another forum I have made some progress. Bubble Bobble – Future Pinball is working all except one thing. The strobe lights keep strobing during the whole game. But at least everything else works!! Great progress. However, unrelated to DofLinx is that Bubble Bobble (my first and only Future Pinball table right now) is slow and laggy so it isn’t really playable. I don’t know what to do about this, either.

Disable Ambient Occlusion in BAM’s settings as it will kill your fps, and also try disabling anti-aliasing in FP’s settings.   What is your video card? FP and BAM “New Renderer” can be pretty demanding….

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

I will try those two things, Terry.

I have a Geforce GTX960 Video Card.  Not the newest version, but still pretty darn good isn’t it, for what it’s needed for?

TerryRed
    @terryred

Until a few days ago I was also using a GTX 960 2GB card in my cabinet and FP tables all ran great (with New Renderer) as long as I had BAM’s ambient occlusion disabled. This was at 1920×1080 with 2x AA enabled.

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

I’ve tried a few other tables and they seem to be working better.  I will look and see if I can find that setting in BAM.  Do I have to do it for each table, individually, or can I set it once and forget it?  I do it by pressing Q inside a table, right?  Then look for it from there??

TerryRed
    @terryred

Yes, Q, then look for “config”, then “addons”, then SSAO is what you want to make sure is turned off.  Also check to make sure your Vsync is OFF in Future Pinball settings, and Vsync is ON in nvidia control panel settings (for Future Pinball.exe).

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

Terry,

I turned Vsync off in FP and on in the Nvidia control panel.

I went to The Walking Dead table, if that matters, and pressed Q, went to config, addons, and didn’t see anything like what you’re talking about.  There was no SSAO there.  Is it only on some tables?

It’s just not there on that table…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW