FP with Pinevent using Fonts to write to both Backglass AND DMD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    comicalman
    Participant
      @comicalman

I am trying to create a table using code in FP (pup\Pinevent) will be able to Write (using \Fonts) to both the DMD and Backglass.

So far, I have successfully been able to write with FONTs to my colorDMD using the techniques pioneered by @TerryRed. However, I have had no luck on writing FONTS on the Backglass (in FP).

My question – does someone have a sample table of at least writing FONTs to Backglass in FP? Even better – a sample table of both Backglass + DMD in the same table.

By using the standard PageLayouts to setup the font for usage (nothing displays):

‘Page 8…. on Screen 2
      PuPlayer.LabelNew 2,”Triv1″,Triv_Font1,60,255 ,0,1,0,0,2,8,1
      :
      :
      ‘Then display:
      puPlayer.LabelSet 2,”Triv1″,”Hello WORLD!!”,1,””

I am using the following latest scripts as of 11.1.2020
      (“PinEvent_Settings.vbs”)
      (“PinEvent_Control.vbs”)
      (“PinEvent_PUPDMD.vbs”)

Current WIPs: Mystery??? Pup Pack, X-Files Pup Pack, Shrek Pup Pack, NHL Stanley Cup (FP + Pup Pack)
      Pup Completed: D&D Pup Pack. Tables Completed (all in FP): Shrek, Heavy Metal (MTV & Rowamet verson), NHL TableHockey, Nehwon
      Some say I have too much time on my hands, I say I don't have enough.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

I am trying to create a table using code in FP (pup\Pinevent) will be able to Write (using \Fonts) to both the DMD and Backglass.

So far, I have successfully been able to write with FONTs to my colorDMD using the techniques pioneered by @TerryRed. However, I have had no luck on writing FONTS on the Backglass (in FP).

My question – does someone have a sample table of at least writing FONTs to Backglass in FP? Even better – a sample table of both Backglass + DMD in the same table.

By using the standard PageLayouts to setup the font for usage (nothing displays):

‘Page 8…. on Screen 2

PuPlayer.LabelNew 2,”Triv1″,Triv_Font1,60,255 ,0,1,0,0,2,8,1

:

:

‘Then display:

puPlayer.LabelSet 2,”Triv1″,”Hello WORLD!!”,1,””

I am using the following latest scripts as of 11.1.2020

(“PinEvent_Settings.vbs”)

(“PinEvent_Control.vbs”)

(“PinEvent_PUPDMD.vbs”)

Just to clarify…. “PinEvent” is the standard I created for my own tables for DOF, MX, PuP, SSF, PUPDMD. It’s something I made specifically for myself, and all the releases I am creating that will follow a specific set of features and standards that I support for my own work. “PinEvent” is not meant to be used for anyone’s mods / releases at this time, as it represents my work specifically.

If you want to try to use some of my PinEvent code (for starting up pup, etc) to add to your table script “directly” to try to create some pup / pupdmd stuff for a FP table, by all means go ahead… but please don’t use the PinEvent vbs files or name your creation a “PinEvent” mod / table as I don’t want any confusion… and I won’t be supporting other mods uses of the PinEvent vbs files except for what I create myself. I may make updates / changes to those vbs files in the future which could impact all tables that will use them.

As for examples… there are no examples in Pinevent that display to BOTH the backglass and real DMD at the same time. Only one or the other.

You can use the code to “start” pup… but then after that it’s up to you to create / use code to display text on both real DMD and the BG. There are examples on VPX that may do that like some of Scotty Wic’s tables or GOTG that you can use as a reference. It’s not a simple couple of commands… so you will need to understand how to use pup / pupdmd by reading Nailbuster’s info on pupdmd. You can use his pupdmd framework, or follow the other examples on vpx,etc.

comicalman
        Participant
          @comicalman

Hey @terryred-

Yes, I have reviewed some older code on VPX that simply writes to the Backglass.  Seems quite similar to FP’s version.

However, I am still unable to just write to the backglass in FP.  Do any of your already released FP tables use this technique (or any other for that matter) to use a ‘font’ to write to the backglass in FP?  That would be most helpful as a reference!

Thanks!

Current WIPs: Mystery??? Pup Pack, X-Files Pup Pack, Shrek Pup Pack, NHL Stanley Cup (FP + Pup Pack)
          Pup Completed: D&D Pup Pack. Tables Completed (all in FP): Shrek, Heavy Metal (MTV & Rowamet verson), NHL TableHockey, Nehwon

TerryRed
            @terryred

All my PinEvent tables are using pupdmd to display text / score on either the pup “dmd” display (pupscreen1), or the pup FullDMD display (pupscreen 5)…. not the PuP Backglass.

The pup-pack is what determines “where” the pup DMD / FullDMD displays are used. So I can display the DMD or FullDMD on the Backglass using the pup-pack editor.

So if you want to display things specifically on the “pup” Backglass, then your code needs to reflect that. Scotty Wics tables all display pupdmd text on the pup BG.

I’m using a modified version of Nailbuster’s pupdmd framework… so my commands for “pupdmddisplay” are different than what may be used on vpx tables. The other pupdmd related commands are the same on FP and vpx.

If you are trying to display pupdmd text directly on “Future Pinball’s” backglass…. that isn’t possible.

comicalman
            Participant
              @comicalman

Okay, just to clarify I am trying to display pupdmd text directly on (pupscreen 2).

I assume that you are saying that cannot be done with pupdmd FP, but is possible using pup BG and VPX \ scotty Wics table as an example.

TerryRed
                @terryred

No, I was referring to “Future Pinball’s” Backglass window…. that you can’t display pup directly “in” FP.

Displaying pup text is possible on any pup display.

For the BG, your code / commands to refer to pupscreen 2.

“Real DMD” is the only exception, as it needs to mirror whatever is displayed on pupscreen 1

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?