FPVPX.vbs / UseSolenoids bug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BrandonLaw
    Participant
      @brandonlaw

Putting this out there in case someone else doesn’t feel like wasting their time second guessing their sanity….

Disclaimer; I don’t run FP nor FP converted tables, but in my usual 2am fodder, decided to try the Cats table.  I toss the included FPVPX.vbs into the scripts dir and think nothing of it.

Fast forward to weekly table updates in the collection….I see I need to get on that Bride of Pinbot update.  Download…install…edit…fire up for some bashing.  SLOW.  DMD taking 20 seconds to load.  Freakishly slow.  I try the L7 rom and delete NV’s.  Nada.  Check the backglass for .exe mode…yep.  Try the old version (that worked 2 days ago)…still busted.

It’s acting like the FastFlips are funking up the table.  I turn off Fastflips for shits (UseSolenoids=1 from =2)…working!  Huzzah!

No other updates or changes to VP…other than that dag’um script insert.  I delete the script and turn FastFlips back on…back in business.  I would rather have FastFlips than (for me) a stagnant script.  From what I understand I can put that script in another directory and that may work, but I don’t care enough to run FP conversions.  As I don’t understand the correlation otherwise between that script and standard VPX tables, other than a directory scan, hopefully this helps another VP’er!

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Interesting. I know I’ve had that file in my cab for a long time already, but, not this version – or is it ? I believe I first put it into my scripts folder from one of Ninuzzu/TT releases, but, I would not bet on it. I haven’t really kept track of its version number or anything like that. I can’t say I’ve experienced anything of what you describe though. I was under the assumption that if a table script isn’t referred to it simply would not be loaded. All my tests a while back showed me that when a table loads, vp looks in tables folder first, then in users folder and then script get loaded from scripts if not found elsewhere. I did never see it load files that the table said it didn’t need.

I however have to believe what you’re saying. That it was a problem on your setup. How that can be – is unknown to me. I’ll keep in mind though what you just reported, if for some odd reason my setup has issues I can’t explain. So, at least, thank you for reporting.

BrandonLaw
        Participant
          @brandonlaw

o

And more strange….while the problem was active (.vbs still in scripts folder) tried 2 other tables…no problem.  Could have been more, but seemingly just BOP.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?