Frame dips only when launching from Pinup

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    grendelrt
    Participant
      @grendelrt

If I play a non pin up enabled game such as Data East TMNT and launch it through pinup, I get frame drops down to 52fps. If I launch it directly from VPX on the desktop, I get a rock solid 60fps. I thought maybe it was some extra CPU usage, but I pulled up Task Manager and watched both. When running through Pinup, Pinup itself uses .5% of cpu in the background (more than reasonable), VPX uses 20%, B2S uses 2%, total system usage around 24%. When running directly through VPX it is VPX 20%, B2S 0%, total 24%. Nothing unusual really. I have all the pinball folders excluded from Antivirus and have turned off Antivirus real time scan as well, no difference. CPU and GPU (1080ti) usage are no where near where they would be an issue on this older table. Its easily re-poduceable, looking for any advice of what to try next…thanks!

grendelrt
      Participant
        @grendelrt

Still playing with this, if I kill PinUpDisplay.exe while a game is running, my framerate goes back up to 60fps (Even leaving up all the other pinup exes). Pinup display was barely using any resources <1%, but seems to be causing frame drops while running in the background.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?