Freddy – A Nightmare VPX PUP

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    hawkeyez88
    Participant
      @hawkeyez88

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=173631

Man, huge shoutout to Hursty for his amazing artwork on this one, such a great theme and idea for this table! Hope you like nightmares, this table packs a few of them! And the animations that go with it aren’t for the faint of heart. As always thanks to David Paiva and Opeckie for their continual support! The “testers” Jasiel Estrada, Rik Laubach and Joshua Miller for giving it the final thumbs up before it was released! This is a 3 screen version, if you don’t have a topper please turn it off in the pup pack editor.

RetroHursty69
      Participant
        @retrohursty69

That was not a bad effort in 3 days work :). My first go at making pup pack media.

studlygoorite
        Participant
          @studlygoorite

This is quality stuff, thanks to all for doing it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Zedixair
          Participant
            @zedixair

Will it work with 3 screens (PF/BG/TOPPER) but no real DMD => virtual DMD on BG screen ?

EDIT: yes, it does ! :good:

Very nice work, thank you very much for this puppack !

Joey Beaulieu
            Participant
              @godisnothere

Great Job on this one! Its phenominal, Looking foward to see more from you guys!

The Overlayer Slayer

Boneworks
              Participant
                @boneworks

Thanks! :good:

Gramps
                Participant
                  @gramps

Hey Everybody,

I’m running Freddy and the PuP on a single screen desktop.  Most all of my VPX tables run beautifully right out of the “box”.  I have a two or three though that are driving me crazy and this PuP is one of them.

I installed the table and the PuP.  When I first ran the table, the PuP came up and was running beautifully.  Unfortunately the table wouldn’t start. I realized that I hadn’t installed the rom file(s).  After that, on startup, the PuP would start running and then disappear as soon as the table loaded.  When I started playing the game, the video overlay would pop up while playing, but not the video.  I looked at the PuP in the editor, but most of that, while I know the words, I don’t totally understand (but I’m getting there) theory behind it all.  I’ve done the guides and videos and most all work, but when these problems pop up, I don’t know how to fix them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and

Could somebody please tell me what it is about rom files that, makes a PuP that was on running on top, then run under the playfield?

Thanks

hawkeyez88
                  Participant
                    @hawkeyez88

@Gramps – does any Pup stay on top?

Gramps
                    Participant
                      @gramps

@hawkeyeyez88 –  almost all of them do – about 20 of them. I do have the same problem with Twilight Zone, the new VPX version of Jaws And a few Future Pinball tables

hawkeyez88
                      Participant
                        @hawkeyez88

@gramps – I’m not really familiar with the single screen setups – so this could be bad advice. In the puppack editor for fredddy – turn off screens 0 and 11.

Gramps
                        Participant
                          @gramps

I really appreciate your suggestion hawkeyz88.  I tried that with no luck.  I have to click on the table to even to be able to start the coin and start process and the video still disappears.  In fact, the flippers didn’t even work. lol.

It’s all a learning process.  I love learning by doing and want to know far beyond the ABC’s on how to do something.  I’m going back into TerryRed’s guide and see if I can make more sense how to use the editor and what all you can do with it.  I think that holds the key to further mastery of all this.  Hey!  Until now, I didn’t even remember  I could edit PuPs.

Again, thank you for trying to help.

Rafael Tetsuo
                          Participant
                            @rafaeltetsuo

Another great pack.
                            Thank you hawkeyez88!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?