This topic contains 57 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Redmask1974 3 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
     TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Im a bit confused…I have ver1.7 running just fine but was going to update to 1.7.1 but I don’t see anything referencing 1.7.1 in the download. Is there a difference in 1.7 and 1.7.1 or are they the same?

Thanks

1.7.1 dmdext for FX3 by default uses a new memory grabbing method. This requires both the PinballFX3.EXE and the dmdext.EXE to be run as admin or it won’t work correctly after the first table has been launched. This is fine and it works nicely, but this causes PuP-Packs like my Aliens FX3 (and possibly FX3 SSF) to not be able to close out properly.

If you want to avoid this, then you need to add the

--fx3-legacy

parameter so that dmdext will use the previous DMD grabbing method without needing to run as admin.

Ahhh….I think I understand now…..1.7.1 is a FX3 thing? I’m only running VP so I should be good to go with 1.7 then. I will say life is better in the Freezy 1.7 world for me now. Much gratitude to you guys! Thanks for the reply TerryRed.

Freezy 1.7.1 includes BOTH dmddevice.dll for VPX, and dmdext for FX3 and TPA. They function similar, but are separate.

For FX3 PuP-Packs, you use dmdext.

For VPX PuP-Packs, you use dmddevice.dll

smellar 
    Participant

Did you read my notes and make all the adjustments needed?

Paste your dmddevice.ini file text here from your VPinMAME folder so I can see all of it.

When you run a table, press F1 to bring up PinMAME settings…do you have these settings?

pinmame

Yes, I believe I made all the config changes detailed in your OP.

I’ve attached my dmddevice.ini.

My VPinMAME settings were slightly different to yours – these are my AC/DC LE settings, but they’re are also my defaults settings for all roms:

VPinMAME

I’ve since tried changing the “Resampling Quality” and “Display Antialias %” settings so that everything matched your settings, but without any change in behaviour.

Attachments:
     TerryRed 

Did you read my notes and make all the adjustments needed?

Paste your dmddevice.ini file text here from your VPinMAME folder so I can see all of it.

When you run a table, press F1 to bring up PinMAME settings…do you have these settings?

pinmame

Yes, I believe I made all the config changes detailed in your OP.

I’ve attached my dmddevice.ini.

My VPinMAME settings were slightly different to yours – these are my AC/DC LE settings, but they’re are also my defaults settings for all roms:

VPinMAME

I’ve since tried changing the “Resampling Quality” and “Display Antialias %” settings so that everything matched your settings, but without any change in behaviour.

Check you entire system to be sure you don’t have any other copies of dmddevice.dll in places like syswow64 or system32.

Make sure you only have dmddevice.dll and dmddevice.ini in your VPinMame folder, and be sure the 1.7.1 freezy files are all unblocked.

Beyond that, I’m not sure. I know many others are using it with pin2dmd no problem.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     coreduo0099 
    Participant

I have colorized checked on my system..  ACDC is one of my goto tables.  just updated to 170hc and the new table over on Monster bash and I’m getting perfect color DMD.  My .ini is a little different.  Attached…

Attachments:
     smellar 
    Participant

Check you entire system to be sure you don’t have any other copies of dmddevice.dll in places like syswow64 or system32.

Make sure you only have dmddevice.dll and dmddevice.ini in your VPinMame folder, and be sure the 1.7.1 freezy files are all unblocked.

Beyond that, I’m not sure. I know many others are using it with pin2dmd no problem.

So I kind of got things mostly fixed. I realised it was strange that the PIN2DMD wasn’t working with freezy’s files in both VPinMAME and dmdext, since the latter doesn’t even use dmddevice.dll.  Made me think maybe the problem was caused by something “outside” of freezy’s files, but that it just became apparent when using them.

After checking a few other things I ran the zadig installer and found Windows was using a “winusb” driver for the PIN2DMD instead of the “libusb-win32” drive I installed. I only ever ran the driver install once when I first connected the unit, so I assume something else like a Windows update must have changed the driver. I switched it back to libusb-win32 and now the hardware DMD works with freezy’s files in place :yahoo:

Still no success with the 16-colour roms though.  I changed my dmddevice.ini file to output to both the virtual and hardware DMD together and confirmed that the behaviour on both was the same so I definitely think it’s a software issue and not some hardware fault with the PIN2DMD displaying something different to the feed it’s being sent.

Cheers for the suggestion about version conflicts, I’ll follow that line next. I don’t have any dmddevice.dll files in the OS folders, but I have a dozen in different subfolders and backups and the like!  I’ll break out Process Explorer and see which copies of the files are being accessed and that will hopefully uncover the conflict that’s causing the behaviour.

TerryRed 

Make sure you are updated to latest 10.5 VPX beta:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=39428

Latest SAM 3.1 over at VPU:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3461-sambuild31-beta-thread/

For 16 colour you need the correct VNI / PAL files in the correct “rom” named folder in alt colour. (I’m guessing at Attack From Mars rom here)

VPinMAME\altcolour\afm_113

For SAM tables (Stern), the rom may need to be patched correctly for colour, AND you need to use the correct PAL file. Also, I think all the SAM patched roms need to have “c” at the end after patching for PinMAME. So AC/DC LE goes from acd_170h to acd_170hc

VPinMAME\altcolour\acd_170hc

..AND you need to check the table script to be sure that it’s using the new rom name of acd_170hc…AND you need to change your rom version for that table in DOF CONFIG TOOL is you have DOF hardware in a cab.

Have fun.

:)

smellar 
    Participant

I have colorized checked on my system.. ACDC is one of my goto tables. just updated to 170hc and the new table over on Monster bash and I’m getting perfect color DMD. My .ini is a little different. Attached…

Thanks mate. I run a hardware DMD not a virtual one like your ini file would suggest.  However it was while looking at the file that it occured to me that I could output to both to help troubleshoot, so I appreciate the suggestion :good:

smellar 
    Participant

Make sure you are updated to latest 10.5 VPX beta … Latest SAM 3.1 over at VPU …

For 16 colour you need … AND … also … AND … AND … Have fun :)

I believe I have both of those already but I’ll double-check tonight.

Haha – indeed, it’s all so simple anybody could figure this stuff out! ;-)

Cheers for your help TerryRed :)

grendelrt 
    Participant

Edit:Solved Maybe, I added a framerate to the opening command which got it working outside Pinup and somtimes when launched from pinup. Then I installed the newer PupDMDControl and it seems to be loading more consistent now. Time will tell =)

I am running 1.7.1 and have had no issues in VPX or FX3 until today. All of sudden my pindmdv3 will not work with Fx3 in –fx3-legacy mode anymore. It has been working for the last week or so, I tried through pinup and also outside of pinup and I get nothing. If i run in normal memory grab mode it works outside of pinup , if I add back in the legacy command it doesn’t work anymore. Any advice would be welcome =)

oaksh 
    Participant

Hi it says in the instructions above to edit the  “dmdextlog.config” file,  Having just done a new build and following everything to the letter I cannot find the file  “dmdextlog.config” in my VPinMame folder,   the file i have is the same size but is called  “dmdext.<span style=”font-size: 14pt;”>exe</span>.config” .

The instructions say   ” in the  “dmdextlog.config”. The <rules> section should look like:

<rules>
    <logger name=”*” minlevel=””info” writeTo=”console” />
    </rules>

I don’t have that in my file “dmdext.EXE.config”  My file contains this below?  should I just rename it to the one in the instructions above.

Any help would be a miracle

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″ ?>
    <configuration>
    <configSections>
    <sectionGroup name=”userSettings” type=”System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089″ >
    <section name=”Console.Properties.Settings” type=”System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089″ allowExeDefinition=”MachineToLocalUser” requirePermission=”false” />
    </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
    <startup>
    <supportedRuntime version=”v4.0″ sku=”.NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2″ />
    </startup>
    <userSettings>
    <Console.Properties.Settings>
    <setting name=”VirtualDmdLeft” serializeAs=”String”>
    <value>0</value>
    </setting>
    <setting name=”VirtualDmdTop” serializeAs=”String”>
    <value>0</value>
    </setting>
    <setting name=”VirtualDmdWidth” serializeAs=”String”>
    <value>1024</value>
    </setting>
    </Console.Properties.Settings>
    </userSettings>
    </configuration>

really new without a clue

TerryRed 

Edit:Solved Maybe, I added a framerate to the opening command which got it working outside Pinup and somtimes when launched from pinup. Then I installed the newer PupDMDControl and it seems to be loading more consistent now. Time will tell =)

I am running 1.7.1 and have had no issues in VPX or FX3 until today. All of sudden my pindmdv3 will not work with Fx3 in –fx3-legacy mode anymore. It has been working for the last week or so, I tried through pinup and also outside of pinup and I get nothing. If i run in normal memory grab mode it works outside of pinup , if I add back in the legacy command it doesn’t work anymore. Any advice would be welcome =)

Did you update VPX with All in One Installer? If so, you need to be sure it didnt replace your 1.71 files with a different / older one.

Make sure that your FX3 Cabinet DMD settings are still enabled, and set to 1040×272.

TerryRed 

Hi it says in the instructions above to edit the “dmdextlog.config” file, Having just done a new build and following everything to the letter I cannot find the file “dmdextlog.config” in my VPinMame folder, the file i have is the same size but is called “dmdext.<span style=”font-size: 14pt;”>exe</span>.config” .

The instructions say ” in the “dmdextlog.config”. The <rules> section should look like:

<rules>

<logger name=”*” minlevel=””info” writeTo=”console” />

</rules>

I don’t have that in my file “dmdext.EXE.config” My file contains this below? should I just rename it to the one in the instructions above.

Any help would be a miracle

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″ ?>

<configuration>

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name=”userSettings” type=”System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089″ >

<section name=”Console.Properties.Settings” type=”System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089″ allowExeDefinition=”MachineToLocalUser” requirePermission=”false” />

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<startup>

<supportedRuntime version=”v4.0″ sku=”.NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2″ />

</startup>

<userSettings>

<Console.Properties.Settings>

<setting name=”VirtualDmdLeft” serializeAs=”String”>

<value>0</value>

</setting>

<setting name=”VirtualDmdTop” serializeAs=”String”>

<value>0</value>

</setting>

<setting name=”VirtualDmdWidth” serializeAs=”String”>

<value>1024</value>

</setting>

</Console.Properties.Settings>

</userSettings>

</configuration>

If you don’t have that file…then you don’t need to worry. That file is just for logging purposes. Some will have it, some won’t.

That being said, freezy’s 1.71 32 bit files do come with that file…so are you installing the files correctly to VPinMAME folder?      (NOT VPinMAME\DMDext)

oaksh 
    Participant

Just doubled checked files are in the VPinMAME folder ok  I will install 1.71 just to make sure all is right.  I did follow your video piup system and pinup popper part 3 and although I have no tables yet it did work when I hit the Exit and launch button.

Thanks for all your hard work and patients  :good:

Tony

really new without a clue

TerryRed 

Just doubled checked files are in the VPinMAME folder ok I will install 1.71 just to make sure all is right. I did follow your video piup system and pinup popper part 3 and although I have no tables yet it did work when I hit the Exit and launch button.

Thanks for all your hard work and patients :good:

Tony

Just remember to install freezy 1.71 32 bit files AFTER Pinup System….this is because now freezy supports PuP directly…whereas with 1.6 it didn’t so the Pinup System Installer would install a modded 1.6 (no longer needed with the new 1.71).

Tom 
    Participant

when I go to the rom and enable the external dmd and disable the other my solenoids all lock up.  I have to restart my computer to unlock them.  I did this for 24 and it worked after reboot but then it stopped during play in pinballx and got this in the log :<span style=”color: #ff0000;”>ffmpeg.exe not found in application folder: C:\PinballX</span>

dgrace 
    Participant

I recently purchased a real DMD (pindmd3) and it’s awesome. I got the real dmd to work with Visual Pinball and most Future Pinball games. FX2 and FX3 were a little tricky but I eventually got it working with them as well using freezy’s dmdext. However, I’m not sure how to integrate it into popper since I have to load the bat before loding FX2 or FX3. For example below were the steps I took to get it working initially with a bat file.

Create a directory on your C drive called DMDExt So C:\dmdext. Copy the freezy 1.71 dll and other files in that directory a swell as the DMDext.exe from the bottom of the 153 thread on freezy’s github.

Then you can create a dmdfx3.bat file by putting the following in notepad and saving as dmdfx3.bat (or dmdfx2.bat for Pinball FX2) to your desktop

cd “c:\dmdext”

dmdext mirror –source=pinballfx3 –no-virtual

Save as dmdfx3.bat or whatever to desktop. You can then double click on the file and it will launch waiting for you to start fx3 etc.. Or you can manually launch through cmd prompt every time by going to cmd from run command
    then typing

cd dmdext

then

dmdext mirror –source=pinballfx3 –no-virtual

But now, I’m not sure how to load the bat file while in popper to ensure the real dmd is recognized. I tried messing with some of the scripting or trying to add the bat file via a script, but no luck. Even if I load the bat file first and then launch popper, I end up getting a pindmdv3 error message. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

knightrider 
    Participant

Did you leave the asterik out when changing the first log?  “” Or “*”

Redmask1974 
    Participant

Hi Terry,

First of all, thank you for the incredible job you do !!!!

I’ve got a little problem ( in fact not really a problem). When i don’t use the legacy mode to launch PBFX3 my PIN2DMD is red on all the tables. It doesn’t use the same color as the virtual dmd of FX3. IS there un parameter on dmdext.ini that can solve the problem ??

Tks.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account