Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    CarnyPriest
    Participant
    @carnypriest

I have a Google account but no gmail, so no access for me as of yet. Guess I’ll have to start a garbage gmail account. *sigh.

At least it’s not Facebook.

#70609 Report
    arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

I have a Google account but no gmail, so no access for me as of yet. Guess I’ll have to start a garbage gmail account. *sigh.

At least it’s not Facebook.

I just PM’ed you. lol facebook.

#70611 Report
    CarnyPriest
    Participant
    @carnypriest

I apologize for misspeaking. I can now see that you shared your drive with me a couple of days ago. So, although a Google account is required a gmail address is not. Users can provide the email through which they do login to Google services. Thanks so much!  :good:

#70612 Report
    CarnyPriest
    Participant
    @carnypriest

And I even had notice on my email. It’s basically another garbage account, so I don’t check it like I should. It’s all good.

#70625 Report
    randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Nice! Does this work in FS for cabs too? Or will I only be playing this on my coffee table?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

#70626 Report
    rothbauerw
    @rothbauerw
    ModeratorContributorMembervip

Amazing! I’ll be joining the crew!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

#70627 Report
    arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

Nice! Does this work in FS for cabs too? Or will I only be playing this on my coffee table?

coffee table only…

#70630 Report
    arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

Major improvement to the Genie Backglass, I will post when I update the table. Left New, Right Previous.

Attachments:
    #70635 Report
    nFozzy
    Participant
    @nfozzy

I’m having an annoying issue on a WIP table of mine where the full cabinet isn’t rendering properly. The apron and front of the cabinet are cut off. Do you know how to fix that?

#70637 Report
    arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

I’m having an annoying issue on a WIP table of mine where the full cabinet isn’t rendering properly. The apron and front of the cabinet are cut off. Do you know how to fix that?

I have indeed dealt with that, basically you have hit VP’s front clipping plane, unfortunately your options will be limited if I recall, I need to find the table where I solved for that because I can’t remember the solution. I will look in to it first thing after a morning coffee, and if you figure it out in the interim, before I give you an answer back, let me know.

EDIT: I don’t know what you used to make the apron , but it looks like I had to use a ramp element that extends beyond the front end of the table (meaning my apron texture has an alpha channel), this combined with the camera placement but I cannot verify that atm.

#70649 Report
    arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

Banzai Run in FSS is up on the google drive. don’t forget to use the appropriate XML (default: full screen landscape) for the view you are using or things start looking weird!, also.. a big ALSO: don’t mess with the views unless you really… really… REALLY…. know what you are doing. Otherwise enjoy the release!

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    #70679 Report
    rothbauerw
    @rothbauerw

For Banzai Run,

On my desktop, no matter which POV file I use, I can’t get a good view.  The table is always off center.  I’m sure I just don’t know what I’m doing.

On my cab, I get an error on line 621.  Object does not support this property or method: Controller.GetClientRect

#70680 Report
    arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

For Banzai Run,

On my desktop, no matter which POV file I use, I can’t get a good view. The table is always off center. I’m sure I just don’t know what I’m doing.

On my cab, I get an error on line 621. Object does not support this property or method: Controller.GetClientRect

what versions of applications please, vpinmame and vpinball, and scripts too?
    EDIT: I have
    vpinmame 2.9.0.0 , dated 4/16/2017
    vpinball 10.4.0 rev 3237

EDIT2:
    might as well give me your video resolution settings too.

#70685 Report
    arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

Desktop has 10.4 and scripts (3181). Vpinmame 2.9 sam build.

I need the datecode of this dll.. right click / properties / then details on vpinmame.dll

You need that function .. makes no sense that pinmame is not working fully.

EDIT: make sure you do not have duplicate older vpinmame.DLL’s on desktop.

#70688 Report
    rothbauerw
    @rothbauerw

The vpinmame info says Feb 28, 2017.  Using the method you described above says modified April 2, 2017.

I did play a game even though the view was skewed.  It plays nice and looks great.  Just one comment, I see you have a Z-scale of 1.15.  That can cause some strange physics behaviors.  I didn’t notice any, just an fyi.

Thanks!

#70689 Report
    arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

yeah you have an older probably the same broken vpinmame 2.9 version as many have had in the past. I have 4/16/2017, its sam version SAMBuild_r4253

EDIT: for you use landscape XML:
    Ultimately goto line 652, in the space above this text”‘ *** Trough ***” paste this,
    pfFormat = 1

EDIT2: don’t worry about the z scaling, its good.

EDIT3: while you are in the script goto the line below it is commented out, uncomment it back in.
    “For each nxxx in BloomLights:nxxx.intensity = nxxx.intensity *SysDNSVal(DNSVal)/DivValues3(DNSVal):Next”

#70703 Report
    rothbauerw
    @rothbauerw

That fixed desktop.  Still not centering for full screen.  Interestingly, if I uncheck “test desktop”, load the table, then recheck “test desktop”, the desktop view isn’t right again.

#70704 Report
    arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

That fixed desktop. Still not centering for full screen. Interestingly, if I uncheck “test desktop”, load the table, then recheck “test desktop”, the desktop view isn’t right again.

Once you load the XML you need to re-save the VPX.

EDIT: Also you should not be messing with the FSS / test desktop checkboxes, serious software bugs exist when toggling those 2 checkboxes.

EDIT2: is it possible you accidentally rather than load XML you did a save XML and that would be a bad thing, If I was you I would UnRAR the original files and start over with fresh files.

#70710 Report
    rothbauerw
    @rothbauerw

EDIT: Also you should not be messing with the FSS / test desktop checkboxes, serious software bugs exist when toggling those 2 checkboxes.

Is this new?  I’ve used “test desktop” extensively building tables without issue.  Also, does that mean Banzai will only run in desktop mode?

EDIT2: is it possible you accidentally rather than load XML you did a save XML and that would be a bad thing, If I was you I would UnRAR the original files and start over with fresh files.

Checked the file dates.  These are the same as those in the RAR.

#70711 Report
    arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

Is this new? I’ve used “test desktop” extensively building tables without issue. Also, does that mean Banzai will only run in desktop mode?

No it’s not new, only when you have FSS checked that the software bugs come into play, they work in tandem. This is an FSS , it is not FS, it is not DT desktop, even though the test desktop is checked it is not desktop when you use FSS checkbox.

FSS is desktop alternate, its desktop with a backglass, but you cannot have “test desktop’ checkbox alone with my tables, FSS must be enabled.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW