FSS Mod SilverBall Mania (Bally 1978)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    arconovum
    Participant
      @nicholaschristopher
      MemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=113102

Mod Includes:

[FSS] Backglass/Box/Backlight.
      [CCX] Color Correction .
      [PGI] Persistent General Illumination , & [SHD] Shadows.
      [FF] Fast Flips .
      [D&N] Day and Night transition .
      [NPF] New Playfield.
      [ABG] Animated Backglass/Active backglass
      [UFL] User backglass feedback light system(Tilt, BIP,PIP,GOver, 100k etc…)

Original Author(s) VP9:
      Original Author(s) VPX: 32Assasin

6 users thanked author for this post.
      arconovum
      Participant
        @nicholaschristopher
        MemberContributor

I want to thank (PBR16) for the enormous and top notch work he provided to this mod which include: new playfield, new bumper models, textures, spinner and textures, and the physics. But the best part for me was his grunge lighting texture for the playfield, it really adds a great aged element to the table . Like bords work and others whose great effort is compounded with my efforts makes for a really great table.

An new thing to look for in this table are transitioning flippers, and apron, they change with the day & night settings.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        roccodimarco
        Participant
          @roccodimarco

Hey man, with these mods, can you play them in cabinet mode?  I have been waiting for some new physics on silverball for awhile

roccodimarco
          Participant
            @roccodimarco

Two of my close buddies, one of them is my next door neighbor, owns this machine, so I can give some feedback if you want.  Please excuse my crude illustrations :

Silverball-Mania-Shadows-Night-Clipboard-1-576x1024

1:  the four toppers are not pop bumpers, nor do the score when you hit them, unless you hit their target in the front.

2: there are no slingshots on the back of this whole piece.

3.This spinner should have the same sound effect as the left spinner.

4. I have had the ball go through the loop and not register any points.

5. This loop is VERY easy to hit in real life, and why this table is not popular in tournaments because its easy to abuse.  On this version, the ball can be difficult to make the hoop consistently.

This table is beautiful, and a lot of fun!  Great work!

arconovum
            Participant
              @nicholaschristopher
              MemberContributor

Two of my close buddies, one of them is my next door neighbor, owns this machine, so I can give some feedback if you want. Please excuse my crude illustrations :

1: the four toppers are not pop bumpers, nor do the score when you hit them, unless you hit their target in the front.

5. This loop is VERY easy to hit in real life, and why this table is not popular in tournaments because its easy to abuse. On this version, the ball can be difficult to make the hoop consistently.

This table is beautiful, and a lot of fun! Great work!

Thanks for the feedback rocco.. I will look into all those points, but I will also say that I really don’t like to delve into other authors physics/game mechanics  and method they implemented a table (because as you can imaging the table becomes my problem thereafter) but regardless of that I will still look into it.

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

Finally spent some time today sizing this pf to my cab.  That was well worth the time.  This looks incredible @nicholaschristopher !  Wish I’d done this earlier.  This table was part of the ‘new-wave’ of pins that came out when I was in high school and blew us all away.  Doesn’t look so revolutionary now but remember, SM, Seawitch, Flash, started showing up in the mall arcades while there were still plenty of em’s next to them.  Overnight those em’s looked like Edsal’s.  I really like what you and PBR16 created here.  Took a bunch of tweaking but I love it!  Really appreciate the work you’ve done here!

20200127_212940

vogliadicane
                Participant
                  @vogliadicane

^^ cool.

@nicholaschristopher
                  I don’t have use for the FSS versions, but I absolutely love how you work out the light.

roccodimarco
                  Participant
                    @roccodimarco

If this is 32’s table, just a heads up the top four bumper and not bumpers on the real table.  I know 32 said awhile ago that he wasn’t sure and just made it off of resources he found online and took a guess.  Two of my buddies have this machine and its one of our favorite machines!

vogliadicane
                    Participant
                      @vogliadicane

Very cool.

What is it about all the options in “DAY & NIGHT FUNCTIONS AND DATASETS”? I got the feeling, that these are not really options to make the table more “night” or “day”. I more got the feeling, that everything is managed dynamically by changing the night/day slider. At least it looks as if GI/Incandescent tint and so on are dependent of the slider’s position. Is this just my placebo?

Anyways, I’d like to know more about it. Is there a documentation?

Atm I am very satisfied with the outcome by just setting the night/day slider (I want it to look like your preview), but maybe there’s more to tweak and play around?

roccodimarco
                      Participant
                        @roccodimarco

Two of my close buddies, one of them is my next door neighbor, owns this machine, so I can give some feedback if you want. Please excuse my crude illustrations :

Silverball-Mania-Shadows-Night-Clipboard-1-576x1024

1: the four toppers are not pop bumpers, nor do the score when you hit them, unless you hit their target in the front.

5. This loop is VERY easy to hit in real life, and why this table is not popular in tournaments because its easy to abuse. On this version, the ball can be difficult to make the hoop consistently.

This table is beautiful, and a lot of fun! Great work!

I wasn’t aware I already commented on the changes that needed to be made lol.

arconovum
                        Participant
                          @nicholaschristopher
                          MemberContributor

Very cool.

What is it about all the options in “DAY & NIGHT FUNCTIONS AND DATASETS”? I got the feeling, that these are not really options to make the table more “night” or “day”. I more got the feeling, that everything is managed dynamically by changing the night/day slider. At least it looks as if GI/Incandescent tint and so on are dependent of the slider’s position. Is this just my placebo?

Anyways, I’d like to know more about it. Is there a documentation?

Atm I am very satisfied with the outcome by just setting the night/day slider (I want it to look like your preview), but maybe there’s more to tweak and play around?

Day and night is completely managed through the day and night slider ONLY! , no intervention is required at the script level, just one thing, and I have documented on this in the past, the range the slider can be adjusted are 1, through 9, not 0(zero), and not 10(ten).  0(zero) is too dark, and 10(ten) is too bright.

and no , definitely no docs on this at all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?