This topic contains 273 replies, has 71 voices, and was last updated by  wrd1972 6 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 274 total)
  • Author
     BrandonLaw 
    Participant

I’m LATE to the party….just a fantastic table.  I just blew through 3 hrs on it.  I get here and realize there’s even more coming soon…yeow.  I’ll be watching this one.  Great work!

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Could this be the weekend??? One last PITA issue to resolve with the subway.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  wrd1972.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
     Skitso 
    Participant

Bring it! :yahoo:

WallClock 
    Participant

Awesome !!

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Here is my FH Beta:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4zs3c40irq00t9y/FH_WIP56.vpx?dl=0

NOTE: You MUST use VP10.6 BETA for the table to work.

NOTE:  Required ROM is now 906H.

Please let me know of any issues such as:

• Bugs
    • Missing sounds
    • Missing materials
    • Other issues

Looking to address all issue prior to a release, which has a few more bells and whistles than the beta. :)

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

7 users thanked author for this post.
     Skitso 
    Participant

Nice upgrade wrd, Thanks! Everything seems to work flawlessly here. Can’t wait for the final version!

As for the improvements, there seems to be aliasing issues around the edges of insert lights that weren’t an issue with your older version.

insert issue

Problem seems to go away if I replace the playfield image with the old one that doesn’t have cut out holes where inserts are. Also (and this might just be a personal preference, mind you), I’d like the insert lights’ intensity value to be set to a much lower value so it wouldn’t drown away the texts.

One trick is using a darkened version of playfield texture on insert lights. It gives you a much more wider dynamic range, meaning no crushed colors on lights like below. My latest TOTAN mod is a good example of this.

blooming issue

Also, ball shadow is missing. Otherwise, amazing as usual! :good:

EDIT:

here’s a quick test I made:

example

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Skitso.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Skitso.
     Draifet 
    Participant

@skitso @wrd1972 the aliasing problem I think it’s caused by the PFTextBlack2xcf image over the inserts, not perfect, but I tried to soften a little the edges, try the attached file if u want.

Anyways with Quality FXAA and Forxed 4x SSAA enabled, on a 1080P monitor, I can’t see it so pronounced.

For now I only have a silly  issue to report, the script is missing the “= 1” on the line 163 ‘ Show Baloons = 1

And for my taste the ballon texture is too much clear, I did it a little more opaque version.

Super nice update, now I returned to the old one to play a few games, and I missed a lot all the new changes.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Draifet.
    Attachments:
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Okay I did some fixing on the jaggies around the clock. Also fixed the balloon issue. Definitely has some weird stuff going on with that image. The defects were clearly visible on the image in VP. But they did not show up in Gimp. I ended up just erasing where the defects appear, and it does loo better now. Also tweaked the balloons.

Anybody see anything else or have any other concerns?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  wrd1972.
     Schreibi34 
    Participant

Try to place the image in front of a black background. I saw leftovers from different colours in one of your earlier betas. Dunno if you already fixed that.

Skitso 
    Participant

Just noticed the coin drop sound is missing. :)

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Just added the coin sound and ball shadows.

Thanks. :)

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Consider adding “Target” too. It is in the table script but missed as a sample.

Should add – plays very well – lots of fun ! :rose:

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  Thalamus.
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Its called fx_target. Its in there and appearing in the script. So I think I am good there. Not sure why coin disappeared though.

Thalamus 

Really ? Are we talking about FH_WIP56.vpx ?

1046:vpmTimer.PulseSw 32:pSW32.TransY = -4:Target32Step = 1:sw32.TimerEnabled = 1:PlaySoundAtVol SoundFx("target",DOFTargets),misc, VolTarg
    1047:vpmTimer.PulseSw 37:pSW37.TransY = -4:Target37Step = 1:sw37.TimerEnabled = 1:PlaySoundAtVol SoundFx("target",DOFTargets),misc, VolTarg
    1051:vpmTimer.PulseSw 34:pSW34.TransY = -4:Target34Step = 1:sw34.TimerEnabled = 1:PlaySoundAtVol SoundFx("target",DOFTargets),misc, VolTarg
    1052:vpmTimer.PulseSw 37:pSW37.TransY = -4:Target37Step = 1:sw37.TimerEnabled = 1:PlaySoundAtVol SoundFx("target",DOFTargets),misc, VolTarg
    1057:Sub sw17_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 17:pSW17.TransY = -3:Target17Step = 1:Me.TimerEnabled = 1:PlaySoundAtVol SoundFx("target",DOFTargets),misc, VolTarg:End Sub
    1071:Sub sw31_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 31:pSW31.TransY = -3:Target31Step = 1:Me.TimerEnabled = 1:PlaySoundAtVol SoundFx("target",DOFTargets),misc, VolTarg:End Sub
    1085:Sub sw32_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 32:pSW32.TransY = -3:Target32Step = 1:Me.TimerEnabled = 1:PlaySoundAtVol SoundFx("target",DOFTargets),misc, VolTarg:End Sub
    1099:Sub sw34_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 34:pSW34.TransY = -3:Target34Step = 1:Me.TimerEnabled = 1:PlaySoundAtVol SoundFx("target",DOFTargets),misc, VolTarg:End Sub
    1113:Sub sw37_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 37:pSW37.TransY = -3:Target37Step = 1:Me.TimerEnabled = 1:PlaySoundAtVol SoundFx("target",DOFTargets),misc, VolTarg:End Sub
    1127:Sub sw54_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 54:pSW54.TransY = -3:Target54Step = 1:Me.TimerEnabled = 1:PlaySoundAtVol SoundFx("target",DOFTargets),misc, VolTarg:End Sub
    1141:Sub sw64_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 64:pSW64.TransY = -3:Target64Step = 1:Me.TimerEnabled = 1:PlaySoundAtVol SoundFx("target",DOFTargets),misc, VolTarg:End Sub

Also a little strange to play that sound @ misc – ActiveBall would be nice to use. I find that fx_target and it seems you use a collection. That playsound has 8 parameters, not 9. I guess that is what you use and ignore the missing “target”. Which is fine I guess.

I also noticed something strange. But maybe I need to delete my nvram ?! DMD said to watch the hideout for ball eject two games in a row. Instead a ball was ejected to the plunger. Game ended when I still had one ball in play.

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

I will look again. But the targets are in a collection and the collection is tied to fx_Target. I still need to clean that mess up a little it appears.

Yeah I saw the weird thing with the hideout once or twice too. It did not appear to be very common, and I would not really know where to start with that one. lets try deleting the NVRAM and see what happens.

Thalamus 

Yeah – I didn’t notice at first that you’ve put them into a collection. The way it is now, it just constantly tried to play that sound without finding it. I’ve always wondered if that could have any performance impact at all. I guess it doesn’t because there is huge amount of table that has old references to sounds that isn’t there.

For the playsound that you use for the collections. Change those with a 9th param like Metals_Hit has.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

I also had the game end with one ball in play. Something must not be right. I find it hard to believe that’s an nvram issue.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of Pinball Magic

Thalamus 

I started a few games with the other “home” rom and I had no issues. Coincidence ? Probably, but, can’t hurt to try.

Skitso 
    Participant

I had lot’s of troubles getting the table to work with a rom downloaded from VPU. On the other hand, the one I downloaded from the VPF seems to work without issues.

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

Like MAME, roms can be stored and distributed as “split roms”. If you download a clone set then you also need to download the parent set (usually the final production code for on-route machines) to get full working game code. VPU has a mostly complete collection. If something is missing then post a report there.

lead_720_405

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 274 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account