This topic contains 273 replies, has 71 voices, and was last updated by  wrd1972 6 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 261 through 274 (of 274 total)
  • Author
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

For the playsound that you use for the collections. Change those with a 9th param like Metals_Hit has.

Not sure I followed here. But I do recall that adding “misc” which points to a prim object, was a necessary evil. I dont recall what proceeded it, but it caused a table error, and the table would not start.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

if you look at metals_hit(idx) it has 9 parameters. The last one being AudioFade(ActiveBall).

metals1_hit has only one parameter, just the sound – nothing more. That sound will be played for almost all SSF users around their flippers. Far from what you intended.

Spottargets_hit sub is mentioned twice. I believe that the last one would be the active one in this case. gates_hit also is missing the 9th parameter.

You should decide what sound you want for spottargets_hit.  “fx_target” or “fx_rubber_hit_2” and delete the line you don’t want. You should also add “, AudioFade(ActiveBall)” to the one you decide to use and as I said , for gates_hit collection. I’m in a hotel room right now. Can’t look at the table, but, to make the metals1 collection to be ssf aware. Add 7 parameters – or you could probably get away with just

playsoundat “fx_metalhit2”, ActiveBall

I’ve been trying to tell you guys, it is actually somewhat easier to implement SSF than using the old syntax. Look at the “playsoundat” sub and you see that it has probably the values you keep adding again and again. You can almost always get away with it by just adding “ActiveBall” for it to become SSF friendly.

I don’t know why you changed those single references into collection. Nothing wrong with it though, as long as it isn’t a object that the ball can go trough/pass. Good example is spinners. If you have two or more spinners in a table and they all are in a collection you can’t do a proper SSF. Spinner stays put and the ball moves on. If you use ActiveBall, the spinner – spinning will follow the ball. That would sound really odd. And of course. Those spinners are not located in the same position either. Spinners are the only object from the top of my head where you can’t put them into collections for SSF. Not important for this table though.

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

“metals1_hit has only one parameter, just the sound – nothing more. That sound will be played for almost all SSF users around their flippers. Far from what you intended.”

“Spottargets_hit sub is mentioned twice. I believe that the last one would be the active one in this case. gates_hit also is missing the 9th parameter.”

Actually my intent is fulfilled. :) With respect, the SSF features are not high on my priority list because and dont personally use them at all. Plus I dont understand the basics of adding them to the table. Now with that said, I certainly want someone to add the SSF functionality to the table, so that the many others who do leverage the feature, can do so to its fullest abilities on my table.

“You should decide what sound you want for spottargets_hit. “fx_target” or “fx_rubber_hit_2” and delete the line you don’t want. You should also add “, AudioFade(ActiveBall)” to the one you decide to use and as I said , for gates_hit collection. I’m in a hotel room right now. Can’t look at the table, but, to make the metals1 collection to be ssf aware. Add 7 parameters – or you could probably get away with just

playsoundat “fx_metalhit2”, ActiveBall”

The dual sounds are still work in progress. I am trying to better reproduce the sound I am hearing on my real FH, when the ball hits the target. I am hearing more of a thump in addition to the target sound rebound itself. Hence the reason for two sounds. So when I settle on the complete sound I want, I will create a single sound to do the job.

“I’ve been trying to tell you guys, it is actually somewhat easier to implement SSF than using the old syntax. Look at the “playsoundat” sub and you see that it has probably the values you keep adding again and again. You can almost always get away with it by just adding “ActiveBall” for it to become SSF friendly.”

I would be more than happy to do this, when I am done with FH. Right now I am focused on completing the table to the best of my abilities, and to let the others add the additional features they they would like that I am currently not able to add.

“I don’t know why you changed those single references into collection. Nothing wrong with it though, as long as it isn’t a object that the ball can go trough/pass. “

Not following here. :) But sounds like an easy fix if there is indeed an issue.

So ultimately, I am looking to finish the table to the best of my abilities. Then if you, are even another wants to go in and tweak the sound functions to support SSF. That would be perfectly fine with me. As I have said many times, my skills are more limited than some of the better and more talented authors in this community. And I just need to draw the line with what I decide I am capable of doing, rather than than deal with the frustrations from lack of knowledge and experience, that would certainly lead me to stop producing anything going forth. This is where the collaboration comes in, that I continuously celebrate every chance I get, when I release a table. :)

So do you want to do a top-down SSF optimization, when I decide to call it done? Which will hopefully be by this weekend?

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Thalamus 

From the looks of it – it is god damn close. As I said, it only probably needs the comma and AudioFade(ActiveBall) for three (idx) subs to be optimized from the script side.

We both know that a table almost never gets completely finished. I’m sure there are sound samples that would fit this table very nicely. Trapdoors going up/down, balls hitting the metal scoop, dropping balls. Difference in sound from rolling on plastic and metal etc. Preferable recorded from the real machine.

That is not something that just takes some minutes to implement though You should not be afraid to release as is, it is perfectly legal to make a update to it sometime into unknown future don’t you think ?

This is more me answering you your question. Is there something lacking and yes. Actually there is – but, most people will not notice it that much.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Thalamus.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Thalamus.
     rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

@thalamus

Any reason you couldn’t make the small adjustments for @wrd1972 before he releases?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of Pinball Magic

Thalamus 

Kind of. I always run a code change before sending it off. And I run linux or my laptop sitting 1000km south of my nearest computer running windows and directx. Not that running it a few times guarantees that there is no errors I should add. I’m back home around 2100 tonight. If there is no rush. I can do a suggested change during this weekend.

Skitso 
    Participant

Oops, never mind

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Skitso.
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Table is really nearly done. Just a couple of small things left.

2 users thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Did you just say table is nearly done?!? @wrd1972 :) ha ha

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

Skitso 
    Participant

Did you just say table is nearly done?!? @wrd1972 :) ha ha

Haha, “done” the same way my TOTAN mod is. :D

Thalamus 

I’ve delayed him a bit. But all for the good I hope :)

flushman 
    Participant

Hello, I have this problem in the fun house only, the playfield does not spin is in cabinet mode but not in full screen, I would like someone to help me. thank you.

outhere 
    Participant

Make sure you read the whole article before you start making changes

https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

More info

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/bugs-bunny-birthday-ball-bally-1989/page/7/#post-113295

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  outhere.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Still wrapping a few things, for a final release. Stay tuned.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 14 posts - 261 through 274 (of 274 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account