Funhouse (Williams 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 460 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

What Version of 10.6 are you using

dazzadasha
      Participant
        @dazzadasha

Thanks for answering.Really appreciate it. Im running 10.6.0 rev 3653 32 bit. Hmm, just had a thought, is there a 64 bit version?

LynnInDenver
        Participant
          @lynnindenver

Thanks for answering.Really appreciate it. Im running 10.6.0 rev 3653 32 bit. Hmm, just had a thought, is there a 64 bit version?

Not yet. I suspect some combination of “it still works” and “it’s so much work” that’s kept it 32 bit this long. I’m waiting for Microsoft to announce they’re pulling the 32 bit rug out, and then there’ll be the debate about whether or not to actually fix it since “most people should be running Windows 7 on their pincabs”… :wacko:   ;-)

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

Try this version 10.6.0 rev 3592 because 3653 is still got some odd quirks going on that they have to figure out

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vp-10-6-beta/

1 user thanked author for this post.
            g5k
            Participant
              @g5k

Thanks, awesome effort. Magnificent. Plays awesome as is, but when I change dimensions(I do with all tables for desktop on TV/monitor) I get Fatal Error shader compilation failed! Unknown (0xfffffff) -some directory references- then renderdevice.ccp:802

to be specific I changed incl and fov, as I do with every other table. Never had an issue before but this one crashes.

Happens with this and Adams Family. Running 10.6

I find you have to save a change close vpx and then reopen and test/play. It makes authoring painful but otherwise get this error frequently losing the changes. I’ve also read some versions of the beta are more likely to crash if you are using a .pov file. I’d just bake the change in if that is not working for you.

Incremental save while you are trialling settings.

wrd1972
              Participant
                @wrd1972
                MembervipContributor

I am gonna guess that these occasional errors are due to the insane number of objects, lights, flashers etc., that are in the table. That seems to make the table extremely resource hungry. and prone to some weirdness from time to time. I can also clearly see that the table runs best on initial startup, but the longer you play without exiting the table. The more dicey it can get. So I would recommend playing it through a front-end like PinballX or other.

And G5K is right. Making the table with the countless errors and crashes, was a terrific PITA. I cant tell you how many times I had to back-pedal and rebuild things when these errors popped up. I was very good at saving progress as I went, but still got bit several times. So ultimately, I am not sure if its VP, CPU, GPU or memory that has the hard time with the table. But would really love to find out so the issues can be looked at. Because tables going forward, are going to become much more demanding, like this one.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Manolo / ICE
                Participant
                  @kamerik

Thanks ! This table looks really nice. Long time ago that i played this one in  a game hall.

:yahoo:

dazzadasha
                  Participant
                    @dazzadasha

thanks. Worked a treat. What a table. I used to look at FP tables and wished VP tables looked as good, but still had VP physics. Well I gotta say this is better than any recreation I’ve ever seen.

markrock76
                    Participant
                      @markrock76

Great update to an already fantastic table!  The physics are excellent and all the visual touches are icing on the cake.  The ball flying around is great fun but it is still posing some issues.  I had a ball stuck in the pic below.  After a hit off the ramp targets it flew over to that spot and got stuck.  Also had the ball land between the ramps and slow the table to a crawl but luckily I was able to nudge that one free and continue playing.  Thank you again Wrd and everyone that helped along the way.

2019-03-15_123649

Draifet
                      Participant
                        @draifet

Que question is… can the real table had the ball stuck at that same point?

Marrok
                        Participant
                          @coyohtay

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the update to this table it looks really good.  Is there a way to disable the airball feature?

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

I don’t understand why you would want to do that. But, of course, this is VP so it can be done. The easiest way would be to give the ball more mass. But, be aware. That will effect everything. If you really don’t like it. Stick with 1.3 as it is awesome too.

wrd1972
                            Participant
                              @wrd1972
                              MembervipContributor

Yes the airballs can be disabled in the script. But there are no plans to add a disabling this feature. If anything, the feature will continue to evolve as issues are encountered. And I agree with Thal. Why would one want to disable them in the first place? It adds to the overall PInball experience. But each to his own. :scratch:   Balls a flying is Pinball. And as I have mentioned before, that my real FH is notorious for flying balls.

Okay so I have a new rev coming out with several fixes, to resolve stuck balls when they get launched.  I have added some invisible shields plus the Physical Ramps (wire ramps) have been completely redone. Now there is no way of getting a ball stick, between the “wire” ramps.

Also Schreibi34 has redone many of the visual metal objects to make them much more shiny, similar to a chrome like appearance. The metal walls look fantastic. I also added in a few missing visual details too. But nothing really different in terms of physics and such.

If anyone has encountered other ball sticks or other visual issues. Please let me know now.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

robertms
                              Participant
                                @mophead

Love the flying balls, VP has never felt more authentic. Personally I didn’t think this level of realism was ever going to be possible in virtual pinball. Wrd1972 has has been scrutinizing every aspect of VP, from real-feel physics, to improving kickers, to making airballs possible. Kudos to wrd1972 for never giving up on improving the virtual experience, we’re lucky to have him!

Marrok
                                Participant
                                  @coyohtay

I love the way this version looks, the lighting and everything and I appreciate the effort to recreate some of the real behavior of a real pin.  My only disappointment with it except the ball seem to completely randomly appear elsewhere.  Maybe I am confusing the air balls with table stutter.  Not had this problem with anything else.

My system is Windows 10 64 bit, Core i7 4.1 Ghz, 16gb memery, 4k monitor, eVGA 11gb 1080 ti graphics card.

wrd1972
                                  Participant
                                    @wrd1972
                                    MembervipContributor

Thanks for the compliments guys.

But please give some props to BorgDog. I kind of started with his air balls scripting, and schmoozed it to my liking.

The Loafer
                                    Participant
                                      @theloafer

Thanks BorgDog and wrd1972!

Finally got a chance to play a few games yesterday of this thing.  Yep, it’s pretty awesome, the airballs all happen in a realistic way but what I love the most about this game is the fact I miss a lot of shots for the right reasons.  IE: feels like I just missed and I need to do better.  I had one really good game out of 4, lost a few shots SDTM because of missed shots.  It’s really deserving of the accolades so thanks all who contributed to it!

g5k
                                      Participant
                                        @g5k

Thanks for the work that has gone into this and sharing. Just one note, I hit the orbit and the ball coming down at speed skipped over the top of the left lane guide/plastic and drained. Maybe the plastics need to be set to be collidable too? I didn’t check to see. Great work.

wrd1972
                                        Participant
                                          @wrd1972
                                          MembervipContributor

Okay. I will check that tonight. Thanks

wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

G5K,

I am wrapping up my rev now. Are you referring to “pPlastic24”?

Some more FH eye candy on the way folks.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 460 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?