Funhouse (Williams 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 460 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you – what a great x-mas present !!

STAT
      Participant
        @stefanaustria
        MemberContributor

If you want to have a “bit White” at the Mirror Mode and Text Outline, like this:

FH_Demo

just Reimport Image “Mirror_FrontB_textures2.png” below at Image Manager …

wrd, maybe you can add a 3th Option with this, if you like it, whatever,
        btw. its awesome with the Electronic Parts behind that – really cool :good:

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Blacksad
        Participant
          @blacksad

Thank you so much and merry Christmas ! :good:

Mark70
          Participant
            @mark70

Thanks to everyone involved for the work and time you spend into this.

wrd1972
            Participant
              @wrd1972
              MembervipContributor

I am glad everyone is enjoying the table. This one was a labor of love for sure.

There are a few more visual enhancements coming and hopefully a fix for the only known glitch remaining. When in Rudy is asleep, the GI lighting is supposed to remain dim until the ball enters Rudy’s mouth to start Midnight Multi-ball. For some unknown reason, the GI lighting tends to erroneously brighten back up when it should not while Rudy is sleeping. This will continue to addressed but if anyone finds the solution, please let me know.  I will also address the flasher issue that Dark mentioned and consider the mirror option that was mentioned. BTW, the text on the mirror is difficult to see on the real machine as well. Maybe we can add a bit more white outline.

It is really amazing how well this table plays like my real machine. Even the occasional erratic plunge where the ball does not make it up and around the PF occurs just like on my real machine. I would attribute the accuracy of play to the very precise scaling and placement of the objects. I actually measured the x,y,z size and position of every object and lane from the real machine and applied it best as possible to this table.

Here is a tip to rack up big scores on Funhouse. Get the Frenzy’s as much as possible and get the ball to the pop bumpers the best you can. For a huge score, start a Frenzy just after locking the second ball for Midnight Multi-ball. Plunge the third ball and start the Frenzy then quickly shoot the third ball into Rudy’s mouth to start MNM. Now you have three balls active during Frenzy. Now if you can accomplish the above with a Super Frenzy, your guaranteed a gigantic score. :yahoo:

Merry Christmas everyone.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

3 users thanked author for this post.
              markrock76
              Participant
                @markrock76

Absolute fantastic table.  Plays excellent and the attention to detail is more than appreciated.  This is just one more example that VPX is second to none for virtual pinball.  Thank you for everyone’s contributions!

Bob Albright
                Participant
                  @bobalbright

Thank you! Great looking table. I can’t seem to be able to get a backglass to work, however. Is there something special for this table? I thought it might need the new backglass server so I downloaded it. Still no backglass Thanks again. Beautiful table

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Johngreve
                  Participant
                    @johngreve

Thanks so much Wrd and team!
                    Have only had a chance to play a few rounds of this epic release and wanted to give my first impressions until I can spend some real quality time with it after Christmas.
                    I love all the playfield toys….I enable everything and thought I’d let the creepy Rudy on the playfield right from the get go. Just because I’m that kind of guy.
                    I absolutely love the clock toy and how it’s lit up and in synch with the playfield clock. You weren’t just content to add the clock but, you went the extra mile to animate it with lighting. Just outstanding attention to detail!
                    As someone born with a “lazy eye” myself you can bet I’m going to let Rudy play with that mod turned on as well. ?
                    Anyway…thanks for this most generous Christmas gift. This along with Uncle Willys Pinball Magic have been the most anticipated releases on my Christmas wish list.
                    Merry Christmas to all!!

Pinbolt
                    Participant
                      @pinbolt

Thank you wrd1972 and all the involved people for this FUNHOUSE Masterpiece.

Merry Christmas Team

Johngreve
                      Participant
                        @johngreve

Thank you! Great looking table. I can’t seem to be able to get a backglass to work, however. Is there something special for this table? I thought it might need the new backglass server so I downloaded it. Still no backglass Thanks again. Beautiful table

I had a problem getting the BG to work for me when launched from Pinball X..it worked ok through the editor. I tried renaming the files again with no luck.Then for the heck of it I checked the box on the menu telling it not to show it to me again and the BG launched .only tried it once though….ran out of time. Keep in mind you can always access that menu with F6.
                        Not really sure that changed things or not as the BG did launch for me a couple times prior to doing that…..then stopped launching for me again the very next time.
                        Anyone with similar experiences?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        toxie
                        Participant
                          @toxie
                          VP DEVMember

insanely awesome!

Bob Albright
                          Participant
                            @bobalbright

I tried turning off the opening menu as per your suggestion, John—didn’t help. Hope someone can come up with a solution. I see not other comments about this from others, so it must be some isolated issue

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Make sure your in windowed full screen to setup options maybe? Controller.vbs should control backglass

********************************************************
                              Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

********************************************************

wrd1972
                              Participant
                                @wrd1972
                                MembervipContributor

Yes the table leverages Arngrims Controller.vbs

Make sure you have it installed or it can effect the backglass.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Bob Albright
                                Participant
                                  @bobalbright

I just redownloaded the latest VPX10.2 again and copied all the scripts overwriting what I had. Still no backglass. I also tried renaming the table and backglass to something different from what I had–no luck. I am running in Windowed FS mode. I assume that the controller vbs in the 10.2 minimal install is Arngrims. I have no issues with other tables that use controller vbs

wrd1972
                                  Participant
                                    @wrd1972
                                    MembervipContributor

Bob,

Did you register the b2s using the register file. It should be in yor tables folder along with the other b2s stuff. This must be done if you reinstall.

StevOz
                                    Participant
                                      @stevoz

This Table really takes the crown thus far for VPX recreations. Plays terrific, looks great, the original DT settings seemed a little strange, so I changed them and I brighten it up a bit. Also all the additional toy options are great.

Thanks all involved!

Attachments:
                                      chokeee
                                      Participant
                                        @chokeee

wrd1972 maybe u can add wire ramp shadows on the playfield (like flupper1 on High speed table) for that great table?

Johngreve
                                        Participant
                                          @johngreve

” I just redownloaded the latest VPX10.2 again and copied all the scripts overwriting what I had. Still no backglass. I also tried renaming the table and backglass to something different from what I had–no luck. I am running in Windowed FS mode. I assume that the controller vbs in the 10.2 minimal install is Arngrims. I have no issues with other tables that use controller vbs”

Like you Bob I continue to have issues with the BG launching. Though mine does launch randomly. It’ll launch every time through the editor just intermittent through Pinall X which lead me to believe it was perhaps a naming thing. Renamed the files a couple time with no improvement. I also have the latest version of 10.2 installed along with all of the latest scripts in my scripts folder.
                                          I just about pulled my hair out last week getting the latest version of VPM to run for me……fortunately Lucky1 had the answer for me. In that case I needed to upgrade my OS(windows7)
                                          Like Bob I have no other B2S issues with 825 tables installed….of course many are duplicates left installed for comparisons sake…plus I cannot just delete a previous version of a table because a new one is out. I have to much respect for the authors work to do that.

I don’t recall registering the b2s since that was updated….I’ll have to go and check on that….thanks for the heads up WRD.

TNT2
                                          Participant
                                            @tnt2

Brilliant.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 460 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?