Funhouse (Williams 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 460 total)
  • Author
    ckpin
    Participant
      @ckpin

Absolutely superb to look at and play; thanks.  When it seems like it will be tough to match what just came out, another fantastic table is released.  The mods are also just over the top.

Tried mirror from STAT (thanks); settled (so far) on just white letters w/o outline.  It’s wonderful to have the opportunity to personalize masterpieces.

Bob Albright
      Participant
        @bobalbright

Still no luck with the backglass. I had registered the back glass server previously, but for giggles, I did it again. No backglass. It’s not the end of the world without it, but it would be nice if I had it. Thanks again for your replies

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

wrd1972
        Participant
          @wrd1972
          MembervipContributor

Hmmm I just dont know. The BG works flawless on my cab and I never detected an issue before development. However, I did finalize the table on vacation using a latop but I dont see how that could break the BG. I will be home around the 2nd of the new year and will investigate. I will assume the BG is working for most or theere would be a bigger outcry. Maybe others can chime in if their BGs are working correctly. Might also contacting Arngrim and see if he can help.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Bob Albright
          Participant
            @bobalbright

One other comment which was brought to my attention through Johngreaves post who is having issues too. …albeit his issues are mostly getting it to launch with PBX. I am trying to launch using the editor..no front end

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Clark Kent
            Participant
              @clarkkent
              MemberContributor

Great release! :)

Only one thing: you used “BallRelease” instead of “fx_ballrel” in the script – so no sound is played when a ball is kicked into the plunger lane.

Johngreve
              Participant
                @johngreve

My backglass issues seemed to have gone away completely now. Since I’ve checked the menu box not to bring up the menu anymore the BG has only failed to launch one time. It’s been ok now for the last ten launches….or more.Probably just pure coincidence.
                Bob.. have you tried a fresh DL of the table…perhaps something was corrupt in your original DL….if all of your other tables BG’s launch ok it’s worth a try.

I see that VPF has a new B2S server update available for DL. Don’t know if that would help you out Bob or not?

wrd1972
                Participant
                  @wrd1972
                  MembervipContributor

Thanks CK,

It will be added to an upcoming rev. BTW, any progress on the BOP head rotation project you were working on? I am not planning on srarting any new tables for a while but would like to revise BOP to add in the lighting effects.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Dark
                    @dark
                    vipMemberContributor

Top notch release.  I’ve played this quite a bit.

Was there really no one that could make the kicker consistently kick to right flipper?  It will some times kick the way it should to the right flipper then bounce to the left but as soon as you come to expect it to do that it will kick it straight down the drain unless you raise a right flipper.  I know it’s been a known issue for some time but I was hoping someone would of figured a tweak for it by now.

3dcreation

Sliderpoint
                    Participant
                      @sliderpoint
                      MemberContributor

The random kicker behavior was fixed prior to vpx release. to have randomness now, it has to be set to have some. I believe either in the main table properties or on the kicker itself(if it is very wild, it could be a combination of both).

wrd1972
                      Participant
                        @wrd1972
                        MembervipContributor

So regarding the subway kick-out. As far as I know, it has always been inconsistent and I have tried nearly everything. Ninuzzu has also looked at it. The problem is even exacerbated if you have DOF because the solenoid kick will further alter its course. I had to remap that solenoid to one in the rear to avoid that issue. Just a heads up for DOF cab guys.

Slider,

The early WIP used a basic kicker hole to eject the ball. Thats not what we are doing now. The ball uses an underfield subway without having to destroy and create balls. Its just seems to be very sensitive to variables when trying to get the ball back up on top via the turn around.

This is known glitch and I expect to get it fixed. If anyone wants to mess with it and if they have success, I will gladly at it to a future rev. Just remeber, I am using a physical turn-around prim to get the ball back up on top of the PF.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Scooby
                        Participant
                          @scooby

wrd,

I know you took a lot of time on the physics and it definitely shows.  This table is so incredible to look at, but it plays even better.  The movement and sounds are some of the best I’ve seen.  Thanks so much for sharing and taking the time to make such a fun table.

One question about sounds.  I’m not too familiar with moving and adding sounds to table objects, but have been able to swap sounds within the vpx sound manager.  The sounds you use when the ball bounces off the flippers (when they’re in the rest position) are great.  Could you please let me know how I could export these sounds and import them to other tables that may not have these sounds?

Thanks!

Sliderpoint
                          Participant
                            @sliderpoint
                            MemberContributor

So regarding the subway kick-out. As far as I know, it has always been inconsistent and I have tried nearly everything. Ninuzzu has also looked at it. The problem is even exacerbated if you have DOF because the solenoid kick will further alter its course. I had to remap that solenoid to one in the rear to avoid that issue. Just a heads up for DOF cab guys.

Slider,

The early WIP used a basic kicker hole to eject the ball. Thats not what we are doing now. The ball uses an underfield subway without having to destroy and create balls. Its just seems to be very sensitive to variables when trying to get the ball back up on top via the turn around.

This is known glitch and I expect to get it fixed. If anyone wants to mess with it and if they have success, I will gladly at it to a future rev. Just remeber, I am using a physical turn-around prim to get the ball back up on top of the PF

The prim is probably where the issue lives. I have something that I think could help. I’ll check it out later when I have a few minutes and send you a pm if it helps.

Sliderpoint
                            Participant
                              @sliderpoint
                              MemberContributor

OK, I did a quick test and I found that what I was going to try wasn’t necessary.   The issue with the inconsistency is just the global setting.  Just go to the table options panel>Physics>Playfield Scatter.  Set that to Zero for very constant behavior or 1 – 2 for a little more realistic variance.

-Mike

nFozzy
                              Participant
                                @nfozzy

Try these components. Did you say you had this machine? Took a guess that the bottom of the chute is mounted 1 and 7/16″ below the playfield, was I close?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/htmbgk49e5qebjg/funhousecomponents.vpx?dl=0

Changed the kickout angle too, in the script

If you want the double kickout to work (when there’s two balls lodged on top of each other in the chute) best thing to use would probably be a cvpmVlock. I used a magnet on Twilight Zone, but it resulted in a really mean and random kickout.

edit: you can tweak the angle of the primitive to adjust the kickout. -21.75 RotZ is a little better.

Jopp
                                Participant
                                  @joppnl

Fantastic table, again, thank you as a team for this!

For an update may I suggest the following? :

• I do not think faceless Rudy is very nice to see. Actually, for me, it’s not only faceless but also useless.. :scratch:
                                    .. Therefore I can not enable the random face-mode  In the next relaese may-be delete this face or design an other?
                                  • I’m not sure why but for me the shot with the left upper flipper into Rudy’s mouth is a very difficult shot. I’ve owned a FH for many years and can’t remember it was as difficult as it is here on this VP table.  Do not know if it has to do with the build of the table itself or with the physics of VPX or a combination of this but for me it’s more luck then skill if I’m getting the ball against his jmouth or into it.

But again, thank you for this fantastic table!

My favorite pinball machine?
                                  Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

senseless
                                  Participant
                                    @senseless

Many thanks wrd for another great table. Time to play this one till midnight :)!

Dark
                                      @dark
                                      vipMemberContributor

Fantastic table, again, thank you as a team for this! For an update may I suggest the following? :

• I do not think faceless Rudy is very nice to see. Actually, for me, it’s not only faceless but also useless.. :scratch: .. Therefore I can not enable the random face-mode In the next relaese may-be delete this face or design an other?

I’m sorry but this is a thoughtless suggestion, it’s an option for a reason, it’s for fun….to give players the OPTION of seeing rudy’s inner workings, no one’s forcing you to use it so what’s the harm in including it?  So therefore why mention it, and why remove it?  A lot of extra effort was put into this table and it’s evident from all the extra options and goodies that were added.

3dcreation

STAT
                                      Participant
                                        @stefanaustria
                                        MemberContributor

Its easy to modify the Script, to not use “Faceless” if you dont like it …

Sliderpoint
                                        Participant
                                          @sliderpoint
                                          MemberContributor

Fantastic table, again, thank you as a team for this! For an update may I suggest the following? :

• I do not think faceless Rudy is very nice to see. Actually, for me, it’s not only faceless but also useless.. :scratch: .. Therefore I can not enable the random face-mode In the next relaese may-be delete this face or design an other?
                                          • I’m not sure why but for me the shot with the left upper flipper into Rudy’s mouth is a very difficult shot. I’ve owned a FH for many years and can’t remember it was as difficult as it is here on this VP table. Do not know if it has to do with the build of the table itself or with the physics of VPX or a combination of this but for me it’s more luck then skill if I’m getting the ball against his jmouth or into it.

But again, thank you for this fantastic table!

When playing the table press the F6 key to bring up the options menus again.  Or if you are running forced fullscreen, you might not be seeing them as it would pop behind the table (alt+tab to bring forward).  In those options you can turn Rudy back to normal.

-Mike

wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

Glad everyone is enjoying the table . I will be posting a revision tonight or tomorrow to address a few issues.

It looks like we have the ball kickout now consistently reaching the right flipper like it should. Other fixes are mainly visual things. Stay tuned.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 460 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?