Funhouse (Williams 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 460 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Yes … yes .. YES – thank you !!!!!! :yahoo:

chokeee
      Participant
        @chokeee

F… amazing! I notice that lower wire ramp has no rolling sound.

wrd1972
        Participant
          @wrd1972
          MembervipContributor

Just uploaded ver 1.2a to repair the ramp rolling sounds.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

2 users thanked author for this post.
          Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you very much for this update – it was already one of the best tables available and it now looks to become even better. I didn’t believe it was possible.

Thank you everyone that participated in this build – you make my life full of joy.

Bob Albright
            Participant
              @bobalbright

I keep getting out of memory errors. The 1.1 version played just fine. Any ideas?

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

wrd1972
              Participant
                @wrd1972
                MembervipContributor

Make sure you are running latest VP10.2 release. This is a very large and heavy table. Be sure to double check all video settings.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

softfish
                Participant
                  @softfish

Can’t get this table to work. If it does the testing phase it will reload when i press enter. If i skip the testing phase and try to start a game it keeps telling me the pinball is missing.  :negative:

*edit I got it working. I guess it needs two roms to play. Super job on the table!. I’d suggest maybe adding that it takes both roms somewhere in the information. It might be helpful to people like  me that haven’t been doing this for very long.

P.s keep up the great work.  :good:

wrd1972
                  Participant
                    @wrd1972
                    MembervipContributor

This table nor any other one that I’m aware of requires two roms. Sounds like you simply were trying to use the wrong rom.  As it mentions in the installation notes, you need l905h. You can also run l905 but it will require a slight script change. Glad you got it working.

Bob Albright
                    Participant
                      @bobalbright

Tried again today to get it running. NO luck. I am using 10.21 and have the correct rom. Guess I’ll stick with the old version. Thanks for trying to help

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Drybonz
                      Participant
                        @drybonz

Bob, this is a huge table… possible the largest for VPX right now.  I believe it’s even larger than the previous version.  If you have a computer with a low amount of ram or vram, you may want to limit the max texture dimension in the video settings in VPX.

Dark
                          @dark
                          vipMemberContributor

@Bob Albright  Only time I’ve ever had that out of memory error was when I tried to run a particular back glass (a long time ago) for Dozer’s CV, so just an idea but maybe try a different back glass or make sure your b2s is up to date.  For me the table would load fine but the back glass would fail, might not be related to your issue at all but I thought I’d mention it in case it sparks a solution for you.

I really think this table is well done but the combination of the lighting, PF coloring and ball texture make it really hard for me to track the ball throughout the mid PF area and I’m not as old as most of the old bastards around here so my eyes haven’t gone to shit yet.  :P

I’m wondering if maybe an option for a lighter silver ball, perhaps like the old JP salas ball texture that you often see still used in Tom Tower tables would help in this regard.

3dcreation

wrd1972
                          Participant
                            @wrd1972
                            MembervipContributor

Apologizes to folks with possibly lesser systems that may be impacted by the weight of this table. It has grown even larger. I even have a crap system by most gamers standards around here:

Dell T3400 Core2 Quad 3.0GHZ 4GB RAM($120 on ebay).

Nvidia GTX760 ($80 on ebay).

Even with this dinosaur hardware, FH runs fast and fluid smooth with zero issues.

Dark,

If you like, please play around with a ball image and texture you like and I would be glad to take a look.

RustyCardores
                              @rustycardores
                              MemberModerator

Thanks wrd, Awesome table!

I’m running an old quad core with just 4Gb RAM and it plays silky smooth. (I am running a GTX960 though)

PMD (Sound Driven Tactile Feedback) users can try my modified script for this table.  No game play is effected, just sound volume and balance tweaks. Instructions for use are contained within the script.

Thanks wrd for the permission. (btw… This is the straight mod & not the “Switchable” mod I sent through last)

Umpa
                              Participant
                                @umpa

Awesome update! Thank you so much great fun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chokeee
                                Participant
                                  @chokeee

Dark try those balls:

but only if u also use environment image from Knorr’s Reds & Teds Roadshow table. I use my ball nr 3, environment emis. scale 10, and the day/night slider on the first line. I promise, you will be happy with that shiny ball ;)

Flupper
                                  Participant
                                    @philippe

For my own WIP I found out that the environment map “milk-CV” in combination with a environment emission scale of >10 gives a very visible ball. I combined “overheadvpx” with “milk-CV” in photoshop, to give nice reflections for wireramps ánd give a good visible ball.

chokeee
                                    Participant
                                      @chokeee

Flupper coud u upload somewhere your combined envirnoment image? Your own WIP? Maybe if wrd1972 will aprove u can upload your version? ;)

Drybonz
                                      Participant
                                        @drybonz

One problem with changing environments on this table is that Rudy doesn’t look right without the blur.

wrd1972
                                        Participant
                                          @wrd1972
                                          MembervipContributor

Bonz is right. The overhead was a PITA for this table and simply swapping in a new one will likely create a new problem. I dont mind looking at the ball image but im not touching the overhead again.

Flupper
                                          Participant
                                            @philippe

I did try, but it has side effects, so no go on another environment map. What does help is indeed using the first ball in the image sequence mentioned by chokeee.

And another thing: the flashers are not setup completely correct:

• in lines 177 to 207, all materials flasherlit/flasherunlit need a capital (so: “Flasherlit” and “Flasherunlit”
                                            • also, the material for Flasherlit needs adjusting: the basecolor is set at 0,0,0; should be something like 60,60,60
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 460 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?