Funhouse (Williams 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 460 total)
  • Author
    wrd1972
    Participant
      @wrd1972
      MembervipContributor

Rev 1.2b has been posted and is ready for download.

Revised the ball image. Its is now a bit lighter and easier to follow. Thanks for bringin this to my attention Dark.

Fixed one other lighting bug.

Also added the flasher revisions as mentioned by Flupper. Thanks.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

4 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

This has to be one of the most detailed tables in vp. or most “type A” table builder :) Perfectionist i would say! ALL GOOD THINGS to be if you ask me! Thanks for the work you put into this build! wow!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

chokeee
        Participant
          @chokeee

This has to be one of the most detailed tables in vp. or most “type A” table builder :) Perfectionist i would say! ALL GOOD THINGS to be if you ask me! Thanks for the work you put into this build! wow!

Details, details, details – this is exactly what makes that table great (graphic details and fuc…n amazing sounds when the ball hits metals, rubbers etc. love it!) I love the physics (I just give more power to flippers) with no unnatural ball backspin. Only things that can ever makes that table better are fake ramps shadows like Flupper did it in 32assassin’s High Speed, Diner WIP (and as I can see in Diner WIP screws shadows – Im not sure of that) for even better 3D feeling. Im not an asshole, Im just perfectionist and I really admire your hard work and I would be able to agree on a fee for each table so wonderfully made. Thanks you guys for that wonderful hobby!

wrd1972
          Participant
            @wrd1972
            MembervipContributor

Thanks again guys for the compliments on FH. At this point unless there is a bug, the table should be done for good. The amount of hours we have spent on this thing would be jaw dropping if we knew the real number. But obviously the quality of the table reflects the effort put in. Also, I just cant explain how awesome it feels to not have to work on FH going forth.

I am really considering FH to my signature table going forward. I will NEVER spend as much capital and time working on any future tables mainly due to the fact I would not have access to the real thing. So much work was scaling the VP table to the real thing simply because I owned the thing and had that unlimited access. It would have been a shame to have not gone “balls out”. It was also the ideal table for the many customization options and if we had not run out of “slots” to add more, I would have added even more.

The good thing is, I have learned so much from working on FH that future development of VP tables will just naturally be easier and go much faster. I am sure CP and Roth would agree with this. We just kept refreshing FH over and over due to trying new stuff till we reached the point that it was no longer re-freshable. Thats why it took so long.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

6 users thanked author for this post.
            Bob Albright
            Participant
              @bobalbright

Still can’t get this to run. I tried moving the slide bar all the way to the left as per your suggestion. But no luck. I checked my specs on my Virtuapin cab. It has 2 Nvidia cards–a Geforce 8400GS and a Geforce GTX660. I assume the 8400 was for the playfield and the 660 for the backglass. The DMD I use is a Pin2DMD

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Drybonz
              Participant
                @drybonz

Hey Bob… that 8400 is a pretty old card.  I’m guessing 256 vram?  512?  Anyway, have you tried running just the 660?  Even that card is pretty under-specced, but might have better luck.

Finally, did you try my suggestion, above, with the max texture settings?

CarnyPriest
                Participant
                  @carnypriest

I have a GTX 660. I run all three screens from it. It runs all VPX tables well. The 8400 can be removed. A second card does nothing good for you.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Umpa
                  Participant
                    @umpa

Thanks again guys for the compliments on FH. At this point unless there is a bug, the table should be done for good. The amount of hours we have spent on this thing would be jaw dropping if we knew the real number. But obviously the quality of the table reflects the effort put in. Also, I just cant explain how awesome it feels to not have to work on FH going forth.

I am really considering FH to my signature table going forward. I will NEVER spend as much capital and time working on any future tables mainly due to the fact I would not have access to the real thing. So much work was scaling the VP table to the real thing simply because I owned the thing and had that unlimited access. It would have been a shame to have not gone “balls out”. It was also the ideal table for the many customization options and if we had not run out of “slots” to add more, I would have added even more.

The good thing is, I have learned so much from working on FH that future development of VP tables will just naturally be easier and go much faster. I am sure CP and Roth would agree with this. We just kept refreshing FH over and over due to trying new stuff till we reached the point that it was no longer re-freshable. Thats why it took so long.

Absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for this Masterpiece!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RustyCardores
                      @rustycardores
                      MemberModerator

Was the left hand launch ball originally on the left magna-save, or am I thinking of another table?

wrd1972
                      Participant
                        @wrd1972
                        MembervipContributor

Bob,

I believe you are in dire need of a new and SINGLE video card. As I mentioned before, I am using a GTX760 which is going for less that 90 on ebay. Works flawless with one 40″ TV and two 23″ monitors connected.  You might try the 660 on the PF and see.

Rusty,

Left plunger has always worked in unison with the right plunger ever since I have had this table. But the left maga-save button does do something special.

RustyCardores
                          @rustycardores
                          MemberModerator

Bob, I believe you are in dire need of a new and SINGLE video card. As I mentioned before, I am using a GTX760 which is going for less that 90 on ebay. Works flawless with one 40″ TV and two 23″ monitors connected. You might try the 660 on the PF and see. Rusty, Left plunger has always worked in unison with the right plunger ever since I have had this table. But the left maga-save button does do something special.

I must be thinking of another table then.  I should start playing sober. Perhaps that would help? lol

…and now you have all those people without magna-saves going “wait… what?… am I missing something?” :)

wrd1972
                          Participant
                            @wrd1972
                            MembervipContributor

Rev 1.2d has been posted and is ready for download.

One more rev guys. Hopefully this will be the last.

Made some changes to the options menu only. No changes to the table.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                            randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

HEY i thought updates were done!? :) This is one of the greatest VPX builds yet! the fine tuning you are doing is perfection ontop of perfection. Thanks for sharing this amazing project!

********************************************************
                              Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Dr.Tom
                              Participant
                                @crile1
                                MemberContributor

Great job! :good:

Manples
                                Participant
                                  @manples

Awesome table. Really impressive job. Bravo!

On the desktop version I have no trouble following the ball, on my pincab however it’s still hard to follow it even with your last modification. Too dark IMO. I tried to use another ball image (like a very clear one from JP), I’m able to change it in VPX but when I launch the game I’m still having your original ball.

I know you’re exhausted but if you could just have a quick look at this then you would have my eternal gratitude ;-)))

Big big thanks!

RallyRally
                                  Participant
                                    @rallyrally

Is there a way in the script to disable the lights going off at midnight? I just cannot see the ball well enough to make the Rudy shot. I got around it in version 1 because making the hidden hallway lock would relight the playfield. Not true anymore.

chokeee
                                    Participant
                                      @chokeee

Awesome table. Really impressive job. Bravo! On the desktop version I have no trouble following the ball, on my pincab however it’s still hard to follow it even with your last modification. Too dark IMO. I tried to use another ball image (like a very clear one from JP), I’m able to change it in VPX but when I launch the game I’m still having your original ball. I know you’re exhausted but if you could just have a quick look at this then you would have my eternal gratitude ;-))) Big big thanks!

For ball change you have to go to script line with “ball_HDR” and change three lines with it to “your ball image”.

rothbauerw
                                        @rothbauerw
                                        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Anyone else seeing the ball stick in the hidden hallway?  It comes out, but it sometimes takes 3-4 attempts before it releases.  I think it’s because this version uses a slightly larger ball.

Setting flipper1 to strength of 250 fixes it if anyone else has this issue.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

I think it’s because this version uses a slightly larger ball.

Clark Kent?    B-)

BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

Anyone else seeing the ball stick in the hidden hallway? It comes out, but it sometimes takes 3-4 attempts before it releases. I think it’s because this version uses a slightly larger ball. Setting flipper1 to strength of 250 fixes it if anyone else has this issue.

WTF???? I’m pretty sure the ball is supposed to be 1-1/16″ in diameter, or 50vp units.  Why would anyone change the ball size, the ball size is what it is (unless the table is sized wrong then that’s a whole other issue).

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 460 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?