Future Pinball and BAM Mega-Guide by TerryRed (DOF, PUP, SSF, VR and Front-Ends)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    -RpT
    Participant
      @rpt

Going through swapping my DMD and BG around now… it’s not too big a hassle (numbering didn’t matter thankfully – just needed to swap them in windows then go through all the configs)!

If anyone has to make the same change, my advise is to use pinup first to get the co-ordinates (for INI files and FX3 without any messing about) :good:

Albertodelsur
      Participant
        @albertodelsur

Thank you so much TerryRed.  Muchísimas gracias!!! :rose:

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

PinEvent 1.4: PUP Stream update

Now Available!

For new installers or those updating… the process is the same!

Everything has been updated and needs to be installed and in this order:

– BAM latest version. Download and install it again even if you just updated, as the newer pup plug-in was just added to the current version!
          – DOF Config Tool config files (all PinEvent tables have new rom names)
          – Pinup Player 1.45
          – PinEvent 1.4 files
          – setup PinEvent_Setting.vbs
          – all 3 PinEvent tables and PuP-Packs are updated. DO NOT copy files into the old PuP-Pack folders! Remove the old tables and files. It’s all new!

BAM latest version:

You MUST install the latest update to BAM (1.5-290 when this was posted) for PinEvent based tables to work!

• even if you already have 1.5-290, download and install it again (from the latest “ZIP” update file, not the EXE installer)
          • a new updated PuP Plug-in was added to it (and is REQUIRED for PinEvent), so be sure you update using the zip file, not the exe installer

https://www.ravarcade.pl/download

DOF Config Tool configs:

Pinup Player 1.45:

• many of the new pup-pack options now use Alpha Overlays… so everyone MUST be updated to pup 1.45

Install Pinup Player:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

…then update to Pinup Player 1.4.5 or higher (its REQUIRED for PinEvent PuP-Packs):

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

========================================

Once you have all the above done…

Then install the new PinEvent 1.4 files

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-pup-stream-for-future-pinball/

PLEEEEEEEEASE…. follow the PinEvent Install Guide same as before! There are big changes and new features!

Don’t assume it will just work the same, as you need to make your settings changes in PinEvent_Settings.vbs! Follow the updated install guide!

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-for-future-pinball/#post-171545

Updates and changes with PinEvent 1.4:

PUP Stream

• the new BAM PuP Plug-in allows you to stream any PUP window into Future Pinball as any texture anywhere in the table
          • this allows you to see the PuP-Pack and PUPDMD “in” Future Pinball itself
          • PinEvent PUP Stream options allow you to display ANY program’s window (not just PUP) on the Future Pinball Backbox, Backglass, FullDMD, Apron Cards, Desktop HUD, and on the playfield
          • works in ALL modes (Desktop, Cabinet, VR)
          • read more info in the PinEvent Guide

PuP Screen Changes

There are changes in regards to what pup screens are used. Please read and make the appropriate changes!

• “FullDMD / Apron” (Screen 5) is now used for FullDMD instead of the Music screen for size and position. Make sure you setup your “FullDMD / Apron” screen the same way you did the Music screen (on your cabinet’s middle screen,etc). Read the PinEvent guide for more info
          • “Game Select” (Screen 6) is now used for the new Backbox AIO option (square and 4×3 backbox users). Read the PinEvent guide for more info
          • “Game Select” (Screen 6) is now used for the new PUP Stream – Desktop PuP-Pack option. Read the PinEvent guide for more info

…. and some other updates for integrating smoke’s ball rolling code for FP Sounds into PinEvent.

New PuP-Pack options!

Backbox AIO: options for “square” and “4:3 and 5:4” Backbox monitor users. This uses the FullDMD and includes a complete ready to go speaker panel, with everything already setup for you. Just position and size the PuP “Game Select” display on your Backbox monitor! The PuP-Pack will use that for sizing and positioning everything for you!

PUP Stream – Desktop: this is used for single screen Desktop (or VR) users who use the new PUP Stream feature to stream the PuP Backglass and FullDMD into FP directly so they can see in in fullscreen on their desktop HUD, the table, the FP Backbox, the apron cards and the playfield! You will need to display the PuP-Pack on a dummy plug monitor or unused spare input of you monitor (connected to your video card). Then just “Quick Position” to size the PuP “Game Select” display on your dummy plug monitor! The PuP-Pack will use that for sizing and positioning everything for you!

Updated tables and PuP-Packs

• RetroFlair BAM, Halloween, and Jaws have new table updates and PuP-Pack updates
          • the old tables and pup-packs are NOT compatible with PinEvent 1.4!
          • remove the old PuP-Pack folders. Do not mix old files with new files!
          • note that I had to split 2 of the new pup-packs into multiple zip files…and then had to change the file extension so I could upload them to the site
          • just follow the directions on the install instructions for the table and pup-pack for how to rename the zip files so you can extract the pup-pack.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/future-pinball-pinevent-tables/

That should be enough to get you guys going! Just follow the instructions and you are good to go!

Enjoy the very cool PUP Stream update!

I need to sleep now.

Thanks to:

@ravarcade for the many updates to BAM that allowed this to be possible

@ravarcade and @DJRobX for the PuP Plug-in that allows PUP Stream to work

@Nailbuster for Pinup Player, the PUPDMD Framework, and help with vbs code examples

TinyBlackDog
          Participant
            @dbknightx

Hi  Terry, you finally convinced me to install FP and BAM for my VR-only system.  Your guide was very straightforward and helped me get everything up and running very quickly.  It was late last night so I was only able to try a couple of tables, but was pretty blown away by the quality of both Aliens Legacy and Indiana Jones in VR.  Thank you!

Two questions/issues:

1. Is it possible to map the BAM Home key to a joystick button?  The top of my PinSim has a 4-way joystick and 6 buttons that map to joystick button 1-6.  I use one of these in VPX-VR to reset my view – I’d like to do the same w/ BAM-VR.
            2. Indiana Jones table looked a bit strange in VR.  The angle of the table looked completely off – like it was almost flat to the floor.  Resetting the view with the Home key (F12) didn’t change the angle at all.  Any ideas what might be wrong here?

Looking forward to playing with this some more this evening, and eventually getting DOF/SSF working, as well as PUP and PinEvent.

Thanks for being such a cheerleader for FP.

scampa123
            Participant
              @scampa123

I’ve used this guide to setup everything and I attempted to run the Indiana Jones (Stern) Ultimate Pro table.

I found I had to run FPLoader.exe as Administrator to get it to load the vbs script contained with the table.  If I did not run it that way, I would get a Meditation error Variable not defined for line 520 which ultimately tried to load the script.

My question is, is there a way to tell a front end (PinUP Popper) to run this table, specifically, as Admin and not set the FPLoader to always run as Admin?  Is there another way to get around the issue that I am not thinking of?

Thank you!!

TinyBlackDog
              Participant
                @dbknightx

I’ve used this guide to setup everything and I attempted to run the Indiana Jones (Stern) Ultimate Pro table.

I found I had to run FPLoader.exe as Administrator to get it to load the vbs script contained with the table. If I did not run it that way, I would get a Meditation error Variable not defined for line 520 which ultimately tried to load the script.

Did you by any chance put the “Future Pinball” folder at the root of one of your drives (like your C drive)?  This can cause permission issues when you are running executables from within there, and I ran into this same problem myself.

After I moved it to C:\Games\Future Pinball, everything worked fine without running as administrator.

This may not be your specific problem, but something to try just in case.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                scampa123
                Participant
                  @scampa123

Thank you for the response!  I have it running on the root of my F: drive, so maybe that was the issue.  I’ll try moving it!

Thanks again!

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Hi Terry, you finally convinced me to install FP and BAM for my VR-only system. Your guide was very straightforward and helped me get everything up and running very quickly. It was late last night so I was only able to try a couple of tables, but was pretty blown away by the quality of both Aliens Legacy and Indiana Jones in VR. Thank you!

Two questions/issues:

1. Is it possible to map the BAM Home key to a joystick button? The top of my PinSim has a 4-way joystick and 6 buttons that map to joystick button 1-6. I use one of these in VPX-VR to reset my view – I’d like to do the same w/ BAM-VR.
                    2. Indiana Jones table looked a bit strange in VR. The angle of the table looked completely off – like it was almost flat to the floor. Resetting the view with the Home key (F12) didn’t change the angle at all. Any ideas what might be wrong here?

Looking forward to playing with this some more this evening, and eventually getting DOF/SSF working, as well as PUP and PinEvent.

Thanks for being such a cheerleader for FP.

Try changing BAM’s menu from Standing mode to Seated mode. Now you should be able to center again (with HOME key)…but now you can change the position and angle of the table manually using the BAM Table menu.

Once you have the table exactly where you want it (and also have any other settings for lighting,etc the way you want)…now choose “Save as Default”.

From now on all “new” tables loaded for the first time will use this setting. You can also choose “Reset to Default” for any table at any time to make the table use this new setting (or just delete the “BAM OpenVR\CFG” files for the tables).

I can’t get the HOME key to use a gamepad button either.

FP in VR on new tables looks amazing whe setup right. So many people are using VPVR, and dont know what they are missing. Everytime I ry a table in VPVR I’m like “cool”… but when I try the same table (a good version) in FP… I’m blown away from the rendering and Lighting.

jlvandusen@msn.com
                    Participant
                      @jlvandusenmsn-com

Terry this was very easy to follow and update – thank you!

Is there anything special since I just installed a Pin2DMD to start using that with Future Pinball?  I have been shown a few options but there is no clear solution to use that will work future proof with BAM/PinUP etc…

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Terry this was very easy to follow and update – thank you!

Is there anything special since I just installed a Pin2DMD to start using that with Future Pinball? I have been shown a few options but there is no clear solution to use that will work future proof with BAM/PinUP etc…

PinEvent tables support real DMDs already.

Other tables need FP Intercept (DMD tables only)

Those are your only options right now.

jlvandusen@msn.com
                        Participant
                          @jlvandusenmsn-com

Ok so that is my issue then… I have tried Pinevent Retroflair and Jaws, but no DMD outside of what is being displayed on the backglass…

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Ok so that is my issue then… I have tried Pinevent Retroflair and Jaws, but no DMD outside of what is being displayed on the backglass…

You need to choose the correct PinEvent settigns for real DMD, and also a PuP-Pack option for Real DMD as well.

jlvandusen@msn.com
                            Participant
                              @jlvandusenmsn-com

You need to choose the correct PinEvent settigns for real DMD, and also a PuP-Pack option for Real DMD as well.

I will see what my pinevent settings.vbs file is set to… stay tuned.

jlvandusen@msn.com
                              Participant
                                @jlvandusenmsn-com

Terry – ok I have it showing on my Real DMD!!!! Thank you!

I now have strangeness with the backglass screens… when it loads it shows Quin and the guys with title chopped off at the bottom.. then when the game loads, it duplicates itself up the screen…  so it like replicates itself crawling up the screen… everything else about both games appears to be working now :)

Retroflair also is doing this on the backglass….

Ideas?

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

Terry – ok I have it showing on my Real DMD!!!! Thank you!

I now have strangeness with the backglass screens… when it loads it shows Quin and the guys with title chopped off at the bottom.. then when the game loads, it duplicates itself up the screen… so it like replicates itself crawling up the screen… everything else about both games appears to be working now :)

Retroflair also is doing this on the backglass….

Ideas?

Yes, read the PinEvent install Guide section:

FUTURE PINBALL BACKGLASS

(and the problems it can cause for Pup-Packs on the backglass)

Bilici
                                  Participant
                                    @reco10

i can open FPLoader.exe in windows 10 problably defender blokked it

how can i pas this

outhere
                                      @outhere
                                      MemberContributorvipModerator

In Defender put in exceptions for all pinball related folders

Bilici
                                      Participant
                                        @reco10

i have do that ,it is not working, fploader.exe don´t start

jlvandusen@msn.com
                                        Participant
                                          @jlvandusenmsn-com

i have do that ,it is not working, fploader.exe don´t start

So I am new to this.. BUT I have seen it all..

Make sure:

You have added all the proper Libraries Terry brought up when configuring the system for Future Pinball and BAM

Also as a spot check, go into the Virus Threat protection > Manage Virus & threat protection settings > scroll down to add or remove exclusions

Add that drive where you have all this on (D: C: etc) just for testing…

Re-export the BAM/Future Pinball files back into the folder and overwrite what you got… (minus the ini files) :)

see if that gets it going… if it does, then change the exclusions to the folders only at this point.

hope this helps.

garnel
                                          Participant
                                            @garnel

I was able to load BAM/FP and play tables with only minor brain bleeds – caused by my missing a step.  Thank you so much for this well structured guide!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 186 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?