Future Pinball and BAM Mega-Guide by TerryRed (DOF, PUP, SSF, VR and Front-Ends)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    Kimjongilist
    Participant
      @kimjongilist

And with enable second screen checked I see this

Kimjongilist
      Participant
        @kimjongilist

okay so after a lot of tinkering with my settings I have made significant progress, the table now loads on both screens correctly, however I cannot see the playfield on the main screen it is just black with a rotating red square. However the table is loaded as I can hear it making sounds and responding to button commands… Any ideas from here?

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

Try turning off  Run As Administrator for FPLoader.exe or try setting it to on

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

If you follow the guide…. it tells you that you MUST have your backglass monitor positioned to the right of the playfield screen (and playfield must be your primary screen). Then you need to figure out which DISPLAY # is correct for each monitor. It many not match what windows uses. You also must be sure you are using the correct resolution for each monitor.

Depending on your system, you may possibly need to run FPLoader.exe as admin.

Kimjongilist
            Participant
              @kimjongilist

I followed the guide exactly, and on the previous page of this thread you can see the screenshot of my screen arrangement which matches your screens and how you describe they should be, even using the Nvidia control panel to ensure there are no negative values in placement. I know I have the correct monitor enabled because when I uncheck use second monitor for backbox, and launch the table FP loads properly on the screen as expected. However I tried to enable administrator as recommended and now I am back to it being stuck loading the table with the message processing registry entries on the loading bar whenever I try to launch a table with enable second monitor checked, which you can also see screens of on the previous page of this thread. So now I deleted the registry entry, uninstalled FP, reinstalled it all over again and now I’m stuck back at this loading screen giving that message anytime I try with two screens. As soon as I uncheck enable second screen it launches exactly as expected.

TerryRed
                @terryred

I followed the guide exactly, and on the previous page of this thread you can see the screenshot of my screen arrangement which matches your screens and how you describe they should be, even using the Nvidia control panel to ensure there are no negative values in placement. I know I have the correct monitor enabled because when I uncheck use second monitor for backbox, and launch the table FP loads properly on the screen as expected. However I tried to enable administrator as recommended and now I am back to it being stuck loading the table with the message processing registry entries on the loading bar whenever I try to launch a table with enable second monitor checked, which you can also see screens of on the previous page of this thread. So now I deleted the registry entry, uninstalled FP, reinstalled it all over again and now I’m stuck back at this loading screen giving that message anytime I try with two screens. As soon as I uncheck enable second screen it launches exactly as expected.

Do you have your second monitor connected directly to your video card, and not on motherboard GPU output? FP needs the backglass window displayed on your video card to prevent problems. Be absolutely sure the resolution is correct. You may be listed with resolutions that backglass monitor doesn’t support. Myself, I see 4K resolutions listed, even though my backglass isn’t 4K.

The bottom line is, something on your system is preventing FP from being able to properly have access to display that backbox.

Try changing the BackBox options to Windowed and see what happens and where it pops up.

Kimjongilist
                Participant
                  @kimjongilist

Yes both monitors are connected directly to my video card, changing backbox to windows makes a white window appear where the backbox should be on the second screen but loading the table still gets stuck with the message “processing registry entries”. I did some more playing around with the two screens and while I have this problem anytime I try to use both screens, and not if I only use one. I did try swapping the primary screen with the secondary screen to see what would happen and when I make my backsplash monitor primary and try to launch FP with only one screen active that way it crashes. Both resolutions match what the screens should be capable of. It’s extra confusing where I had the brief moment of backsplash working a few hours ago. To clarify FP loads fine on either display when I have only screen active in Nvidia, FP also loads fine if I have both screens active and use my vertical screen as primary but only have single screen display enabled in rendering options of FP. FP crashes if I have both screens active and I try to use the backsplash screen set to primary with only single screen display checked in rendering options. FP hangs on the message “processing registry entries” if I have both screens enabled with my vertical screen (the playfield screen) set to primary (same result if I swap screens using the backsplash for playfield and playfield for backsplash). I’m going to try and use a spare monitor I have and see what happens, and also try a new install. Very confusing though where I had both screens somewhat working without crashes for a brief moment there.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Yah, when it’s stuck on Processing Registry Entries…. it means it either doesn’t understand a setting…. or it doesn’t have access (security issues,etc) to allow it to carry out the settings.

Be sure you have installed new nvidia drivers…especially if using Win 10….as Win 10 updates will commonly install crappy nvidia drivers that cause problems. Same goes for motherboard audio drivers.

Kimjongilist
                    Participant
                      @kimjongilist

Hmm this is extremely odd and frustrating, so I have tried updating all drivers even uninstalling and reinstalling any audio realtek drivers. What is especially odd is that without changing any rendering options, every once in a thousand tries it doesn’t get stuck on the registry entry message but loads the table, I can see the score and hear the table but not see the playfield, other than on launch it randomly seemed to display everything correctly according to rendering options (attached picture). However after closing and immediately opening the program again, leaving all settings the same and trying to launch the same table again it’s back stuck looking for registry entries. But that never happens when I only launch with one monitor…

BazzaLB
                      Participant
                        @bazzalb

Hey TerryRed, I think you can change this in your guide now. :)

“Pinup Player (PuP-Packs) from PinEvent tables do not currently work in VR. We need a combined force of ravarcade Nailbuster DJRobX to make a PUP plug-in for BAM! (it would look amazing guys!)”

The PuP-Packs for PinEvent tables work perfectly for me in VR so I assume BAM-OpenVR got updated.. Amazing stuff!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        TerryRed
                          @terryred

“Pinup Player (PuP-Packs) from PinEvent tables do not currently work in VR. We need a combined force of ravarcade Nailbuster DJRobX to make a PUP plug-in for BAM! (it would look amazing guys!)”

The PuP-Packs for PinEvent tables work perfectly for me in VR so I assume BAM-OpenVR got updated.. Amazing stuff!

LOL…oh wow…. yah I forgot about that one. I only spent many weeks adding it to PinEvent, ha.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

DJRobX
                            @djrobx
                            MemberModerator

Indeed.  Said forces were combined and the results were gooooood.  :)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                            TerryRed
                              @terryred

Indeed. Said forces were combined and the results were gooooood. :)

I can’t even imagine how good it would look on these newer headsets like Index or Reverb G2 (assuming WMR doesn’t mess up things).

You and rav did a miracle there. Makes all my work with PinEvent tables matter that much more.

pinballeyes
                              Participant
                                @pinballeyes

Hi Terry, I am new getting into virtual pinball and have learned a lot form your posts, thank you for all the information you have provided. I have read and followed the instructions as carefully as I can from the mega guide for Future Pinball and BAM and have gotten to the exciting part in which I try and run a table.

I ran the FP software without a table first, just using the new table option and it runs fine with the playfield in full screen on display 1 and the backbox display on the second monitor.

The FP software setting all match your guide as does the BAM settings

I downloaded Jaws ULTIMATE Pro 1.08 (PinEvent 1.2) and tried to run that and the table loads but the playfield has some additional graphics at the top and an error which I have read relates to DOF which in my case I do not have just yet. The backglass looks fine on the 2nd monitor.

I then tried a second table Iron Man ULTIMATE Pro 1.04.rar. I copied the .fpt into tables and the .vbs into Scripts.  Ignored the .zip. Similar result but different error “Pinball Meditation Error, Script Error Line 380, Variable is Undefined ‘LoadExternalScript’

I feel like I am close but obviously missing something important, is it that because I have no cabinet hardware of\r DOF installed that the tables are throwing an error? Should I be loading a different table download? Is there a need to change a script setting?

Looking forward to playing these tables, hope you can help.

Hardware setup: Double core processor,  Nvidia GTX470 2 monitors (primary 1080P and the second 4:3 1280×1024), 250 MB SSD, 4 mb ram, Integrated Sound Card

Cabinet Hardware: None

Software: OS Win10, FP, BAM, PinEvent 1.4 Install Files, Terry Red setting files for BAM and registry assignment

Attachments:
                                TerryRed
                                  @terryred

It looks like you may be running FuturePinball.exe which you should not be doing. You should be running FPLoader.exe (BAM) to load and run all tables…. never FuturePinball.exe.

You also may need to run FPLoader.exe as Administrator depending on your system’s security settings. (Never run FuturePinball.exe as administrator).

pinballeyes
                                  Participant
                                    @pinballeyes

Thanks for the quick reply. I am running from the FPLoader in the BAM folder. This time I ran it with administrator rights with a different result which is closer than before but the playfield is still not loading right with a big space at the top (see image) but no error is thrown. I see a small video screen near the top which does not look right?

Attachments:
                                    pinballeyes
                                    Participant
                                      @pinballeyes

I tried this again and it actually takes credits and allows a game start at which point I see that the space at the top of the playfield has an image of the backglass which is pushing the bottom of the table off screen.

Attachments:
                                      TerryRed
                                        @terryred

Be sure you copied over my BAM files for your settings again. Then delete the files in “BAM \ CFG”.

You should have the table showing up similar to the images like I show in the guide. You may need to do some adjusting of the table size / position in the BAM menu depending on the table to fit it perfectly.

pinballeyes
                                        Participant
                                          @pinballeyes

That did the trick, I deleted the cfg files in the BAM folder and nothing else. The table looks and plays great. Thank you for helping me get up and running, lots to learn. I will need to understand why the need to run in administrator mode.

Cordsl
                                          Participant
                                            @cordsl

Hello guys,

Your Starwars release looks so good that i’m trying to get Future Pinball going again.  I watched your videos more than once and follow your Mega-guide by the letter. When i came to step 8 and wanted to do the monitor settings for my cab the pull-down menu showed monitors #6 #7 and #8. I figure this can,t be right. I decided to quit FP and restart the computer. After the restart FP refuses to run. Setting to “run as admin” also didn’t help. I have included the crash file, really hope you are able to help me.

P.S.

I know you say we must NOT use compatibility modes, but when in mode “windows 8” at least the program starts up. Don,t know about tables yet.

Edit: Tables do not run in windows 8, as if you had apparently expected.

Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 186 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?