Future Pinball and BAM Mega-Guide by TerryRed (DOF, PUP, SSF, VR and Front-Ends)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Be sure you don’t have anything set on FuturePinball.exe. Not compatibility, not admin (never do that).

Do the same for FPLoader.exe.

Try running FP Loader. Do you see the FP logo that pops up at all?

Cordsl
      Participant
        @cordsl

1.First i installed Visuall Studio (it probably already was installed, but just to be sure).

2.Then I used Ravarcade’s 2 in 1 installer to install FP.  Did no update because it is latest version.

3. Then i put your “BAM – Default.cfg and Settings Files in the BAM-folder.

4. Installed your “POV-files”

5. executed your registry settings.

6. I have not run FPloader until this stage, now i had to launch it because the editor settings have to be set. and it started!

7.Set the editor settings as shown in picture (all blancs)

8.Then went on for de Video/rendering options. Here i noticed i had choices for monitor numbers 6,7,and 8 and no 1,2 and 3.

9. I decided to close FP and and reboot the computer. After the reboot executing Fploader didn’t work anymore, no FP-logo nothing. Setting Fploader to run as admin also did not help.

The only thing different from your guide is that i install on drive D:

I,m going to try again tomorrow, i will not give up!

TerryRed
          @terryred

Are you sure you followed and read the guide?

You never EVER run FuturePinball.exe

You ONLY run FPLoader.exe (BAM) to load and play FP tables.

My guide tells you that the DISPLAY #’s may not match what Windows shows. That’s ok. You just need to figure out which is the correct one to use for the playfield and Backglass. I recommend not enabling the FP backglass at first until you get the right display for the pf. When that’s working, then enable the Backglass and figure out what you need for that (resolutions MUST be correct for both).

Read the guide again…don’t just watch the video (if you followed that).

Cordsl
          Participant
            @cordsl

Thanks for your reaction and sorry for the misunderstanding. I think because English is not my native speech, i’m Dutch, i didn’t write it down good enough. I did NOT run FuturePinball.exe ever. What i was trying to say in point 6 is that until that point i didn’t start the program (via FPloader that is).

I am going to try again today. I follow your guide, as i did yesterday. I wil also make notes of every step i make and post here.

Cordsl
            Participant
              @cordsl

I did the new install again and noted every step I took, unfortunately I failed ☹

·         Uninstalled previous install of Future Pinball

·         Deleted all registry keys Future Pinball

·         Deleted previous install map from drive D:

·         Made new empty map on drive D: named FP

·         Reboot computer

·         Open FP/BAM Mega guide

Step 1

–        Video Card drivers RTX2070 are up to date

–        Checked if VisuallC++ 2015-2019 (x64) and (x86) are installed

–        Screens (3) layout and dpi are ok

Step 2

–        Downloaded 2-in-1 installer from Ravarcades website

–        Unblocked FP-Bam-setup.exe

–        Execute installer

–        Changed install directory to:  D:\FP\Future Pinball then pressed “next”

–        Made no changes in field Select Components –> next

–        Left shortcut as mentioned –> next

–        Create a desktop shortcut = yes –> next

–        Installing…………

–        Install is ready. Left launch BAM ticked –> next

–        No respond

–        Opened install location and set FPLoader.exe to run as administrator

–        Double click on FPloader.exe

–        No respond

–        Checked Taskmanager, FP or Bam not active

–        Computer restart

–        Double click BAM shortcut on desktop

–        No respond

–        Found crash report in BAM folder (see attachment)

Computer specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K,

GPU: ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB

MBD: Gigabyte Z390 UD

I really hope someone have some ideas what to do because the new tables look awesome

Attachments:
              Cordsl
              Participant
                @cordsl

Yes,yes ,yes Starwars DSA is running !!!

Just before I wanted to uninstall FP again, I got a hunch. The Asus GTX2070 I have came with a program called GPUTweakII. That program has an option called gaming mode/booster. After running GPUTweakII, wich stopped 19! system services, I started FPLoader, without administator rights, and hooray it works.
                I have seen some messages in the VPnation group from people who encountered the same problems. Therefore, this link where GPUTweakII can be downloaded for free.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GPUTweak%20II/HelpDesk_Download/

Capture0 (2)    Capture0 (1)

I tested it on my laptop with a built-in Nvidea GTX850. The program ran fine on that too. I do not know if it works for AMD as well, I do not have one.

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Great you got it working. What that tells me is you have something running on your system that is causing the problem.

Normally I recommend to stay away from programs like that or any overclocking software (they tend to cause pup to crash, and other issues with vp related apps)…but if its working for you and you end up not having other issues that’s great.

Just keep in mind that its possible that program may cause other issues, so it you have other problems with vp, pup,etc then try not running that program and see if they go away.

Cordsl
                  Participant
                    @cordsl

So far so good, all runs fine, including Popper and Puppacks.

Gramps
                    Participant
                      @gramps

TerryRed,

I finally decided to run all my VPX tables with PuPPack on desktop with 2 monitors and am really happy with the results.  ALL my VPX PuP Packs run beautifully.  PuP Packs for Future Pinball use to work but don’t anymore. The FP tables run perfectly as well as the FP DOSLink tables.  I thought I’d go back and do a FP reinstall to make sure I have all the updates and have everything installed properly..  I assume I watch the cabinet video install instead of the desktop for single monitor video?  Is that right?

Secondly, I read somewhere in the instructions that I need to reinstall all PuP Packs for FP.  Is that right or just some of them that you’ve created?

Thanks

TerryRed
                        @terryred

TerryRed,

I finally decided to run all my VPX tables with PuPPack on desktop with 2 monitors and am really happy with the results. ALL my VPX PuP Packs run beautifully. PuP Packs for Future Pinball use to work but don’t anymore. The FP tables run perfectly as well as the FP DOSLink tables. I thought I’d go back and do a FP reinstall to make sure I have all the updates and have everything installed properly.. I assume I watch the cabinet video install instead of the desktop for single monitor video? Is that right?

Secondly, I read somewhere in the instructions that I need to reinstall all PuP Packs for FP. Is that right or just some of them that you’ve created?

Thanks

I have no idea what you have / haven’t installed or updated.

I also don’t know how your main screen is setup….vertical / portrait or normal desktop landscape.

Your main monitor layout will determine what BAM setup files you use from the Mega Guide. If you are using landscape / desktop view… then install and follow the desktop guide. The only difference is you need to decide if you want to enable the “FP” backglass or not. It’s not needed in this case…but that’s up to you if you want that shown on your 2nd monitor.

As for PinEvent tables and pup-packs: “after” you have FP and BAM properly setup and all normal tables working…  then follow the PinEvent guide…. reinstall / update everything it tells you, and set it up as directed. Then re-download all PinEvent tables and pup-packs, and follow the install instructions for each of those tables.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Gramps
                        Participant
                          @gramps
                          I have no idea what you have / haven’t installed or updated.

I also don’t know how your main screen is setup….vertical / portrait or normal desktop landscape.

Your main monitor layout will determine what BAM setup files you use from the Mega Guide. If you are using landscape / desktop view… then install and follow the desktop guide. The only difference is you need to decide if you want to enable the “FP” backglass or not. It’s not needed in this case…but that’s up to you if you want that shown on your 2nd monitor.

As for PinEvent tables and pup-packs: “after” you have FP and BAM properly setup and all normal tables working… then follow the PinEvent guide…. reinstall / update everything it tells you, and set it up as directed. Then re-download all PinEvent tables and pup-packs, and follow the install instructions for each of those tables.

I’ve installed Visual Pinball/VPinMame, Future Pinball/BAM, PinUPSystem and,everything else but Popper. Everything but PinEvent is current and everything works great except for pup-packs for FB tables.  So next I’ll go back and update that.  I have two monitor normal landscape desktop setup.

For VPX tables with pup-packs, I’m running the Table and the dmd on screen 1.  The pup-packs are running on screen 2.  I was tired of trying to get pup-packs to run on same monitor as the table.  Some pup-packs worked and some tdidn’t using only 1 monitor.  This setup works beautifully and I’d like to keep it that way.  I also want the pup-packs for FP tables to run the exact same way. However, I seem to remember something about not being able to run pup-pacs for FP on two desktop/landscape monitors – i.e. I have to run them on one screen.  Is that right?

What I’m afraid of is when I go back and follow the video and install guide, that I’ll do something to screw up my setup for VPX tables.

Thank you for your help.

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Then it should be simple. If you want your FP pup-packs to show on the second monitor… then that is easy.

Make sure you are updated to PuP 1.45 if you haven’t yet, as it’s required. Then make sure you have your pup Apron / FullDMD display positioned on your 2nd monitor (to fill the screen at a 16:9 ratio) just in case you want to only show the FullDMD from a PinEvent pup-pack on that monitor (though each PinEvent table has a couple of options to use in each pup-pack).

Make sure FP and BAM are setup correctly (use the desktop setup video and the guide) and BAM is the newest version (its updated often so be sure to update BAM).

If you want the “FP” backglass to show on the second monitor, you can enable that and Arcade mode in FP video settings. It’s not required however. If you do want this for normal tables (not PinEvent)… then understand you will want these settings disabled for PinEvent tables (this is described in the PinEvent guide in the Future Pinball Backglass section).

Install PinEvent vbs files…then edit PinEvent_Settings.vbs. You need to enable the pup options (set to true, keep SSF at false) in the Desktop profile in that file. You also need to set pupdmddrivertype = 2 (this should be the default) for FullDMD. Save and close that file.

I’d recommend NOT enabling PUP Stream (disabled by default) until you have everything working correctly for each table. When it is working…then you can enable it…so you can see part of the pup-pack streamed on your desktop screen (while still keeping FP at fullscreen).

Download and install the newest tables and pup-packs. DO NOT use older versions! Remove any pupinit.bat files as you don’t need them.

For each table’s pup-pack, run the BAT file for the option you want. You should use the FullDMd on Backglass option so you can see the fulldmd and backglass on your 2nd monitor. Or your other option is to select the FullDMD option…and only display the FullDMD on your 2nd monitor, and disable all other pup screens in the pup-pack using the pup-pack editor.

FP has nothing to do with VPX and can’t screw it up. The only thing you may need to do is setup your pup Apron/FullDMD display on your 2nd monitor.

Gramps
                            Participant
                              @gramps

Now I have a game plan!  Thank you so much, TerryRed! I’ll let you know how it goes.

Gramps
                              Participant
                                @gramps

FP has nothing to do with VPX and can’t screw it up. The only thing you may need to do is setup your pup Apron/FullDMD display on your 2nd monitor.

Still playing around with FP and PuP Packs.  I reinstalled all the FB related files.  Haven’t quite figured out how to get get PuPPacks on 2nd screen yet, but I’ll get there.  However all my VPX tables stopped working.  I get a “cannot create ActiveX component.”  Any idea what I might have done?

Added on later: never mind.  I’m just going back to square one and and totally reinstall everything (for at least the 5th time :)) by, again, following your tutorials, as well as your other advice above, and see how much more I can learn

yp2020
                                Participant
                                  @yp2020

This is a great guide Terry, thanks.  I was able to follow the cabinet setup and was up and running in no time. i do have a question.  if and when i do build out my cabinet how can a user scroll through the multiple tables i have downloaded in my tables folder and allow the user to select the one they want to play, is that using PinballX?  thanks.

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

This is a great guide Terry, thanks. I was able to follow the cabinet setup and was up and running in no time. i do have a question. if and when i do build out my cabinet how can a user scroll through the multiple tables i have downloaded in my tables folder and allow the user to select the one they want to play, is that using PinballX? thanks.

Yes, you use a front-end which can be Pinball X, Pinball Y, or Pinup Popper.

yp2020
                                    Participant
                                      @yp2020

thank you for the quick response, appreciate it.  out of the 3 you have listed which one would you recommend for a brand new beginner to go with that is simple and easy?  as i mentioned, just a simple, nothing fancy, a way for the user to scroll the tables and select the one they want to play.

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

thank you for the quick response, appreciate it. out of the 3 you have listed which one would you recommend for a brand new beginner to go with that is simple and easy? as i mentioned, just a simple, nothing fancy, a way for the user to scroll the tables and select the one they want to play.

There is no right answer for that, as each of them do things a bit different.

Don’t assume its just going to be install one of them and that’s it. Each will require some work to add tables / media, etc.

PBX / Y are similar in some ways and can be as basic as it goes. PBY is still in a bit of a beta phase (maybe), but can be easier to add tables compared to PBX… but PBX also has more plug-ins and support.

Popper is more to setup “at first” because you are installing both Pinup Player and Popper and a theme for your setup…. but once its setup, it can be much easier to add new tables and make playlist,etc.

I can’t easily relate to what would be easier to use as someone new to the hobby, as when I started PBX was the only supported option (PBY and Popper didnt exist yet).

You can install each of them without worry about messing up the other if you don’t like it and want to remove the one you don’t like.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        Gramps
                                        Participant
                                          @gramps

Running win 10 desktop 2 monitors.  Just reinstalled FP and BAM as per guide.  I downloaded Terry’s Ultimate cfg files for desktop and renamed them to the same name as the tables. I did update Microsoft Visual C++ as instructed.

When I run FP tables all the tables, except Iron Man Ultimate Pro 1.04.  (The DOFLinx table works fine)That table starts to load and then freezes and comes up with a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error box that says:

Runtime Error!  Program J:\Games\Future Pinball\Future Pinball.exe

I start all games with fploader and not Future Pinball.exe so I’m not sure what’s happening.  I don’t have that problem with any of the other tables.

The second problem I having, although I can live with it, is that when I load a table, I hit the F1 key to change view and the table just starts moving all over the screen.  The only way I can stop it is to press F2.  I have no table view option.  Haven’t had that problem before.

I would appreciate your help, please.

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

Some recent Win 10 updates seem to be causing problems for people with FP and VPX.

Chances are Defender is enabled and causing problems. It’s at the point where you need to have Defender and no other anti-virus / malware stuff running at all with FP-BAM and VPX.

As for the non-stop moving view…. I’m not sure what actually causes that sometimes. I too need to choose another view first,etc. That said, for desktop I use my own custom camera view like mentioned here:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?threads/bam-feature-how-to-guides.19601/#post-123379

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 186 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?