Future Pinball Not working win10

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Nello
    Participant
      @nellino

Hi everyone, I have a problem running my future pinball correctly with attract mode

as known future pinball must be compatible with windows xp service pack 3 to make the commands work continuously but when I go to do this step the tables no longer start from attract mode, I launch the table and a few seconds it returns to me back in the main manu and it happens to me the same if i put the tick on always start as administrator

I tried to give window 7 as compatibility and the tables manage to start only that the commands do not always work even if I have started the exe fiure pinball as administrator, I am convinced that I need a different command line to make it work with compatibility to windows xp sp3

this is my cfg

# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.2.1
      #
      executable           N:\Future Pinball\Future Pinball.exe
      args                 /open “[romfilename]” /play /exit
      rompath              N:\Future Pinball\Tables\
      romext               .fpt
      system               Future Pinball
      exit_hotkey          Escape
      artwork    flyer
      artwork    marquee         N:\Future Pinball\wheel
      artwork    snap            N:\Future Pinball\video;N:\Future Pinball\Snap
      artwork    wheel           N:\Future Pinball\wheel

this is my changelog if it can be useful

# Changelog #

## Commits from v2.6.0 to v2.6.1

### Andrew Mickelson (9 commits)

* Bump to version 2.6.1
      * Fix joystick guard test
      * Hack to get MacOS build working on travis (?)
      * Fix thegamesdb.net scraping, scrape ratings
      * Issue #586 – fix EndNavigation transition when signal handled by script
      * Issue #586 – trigger Transition.EndNavigation with fe.signal()
      * Issue #579 – added Series, Language, Region and Rating fields
      * Issue #566 – Fixed regression caused by https://github.com/mickelson/attract/commit/7dc5c88ca15d756f53ff28e427f8b6be019a1db7
      * Added the ‘sample_aspect_ratio’ property to Image objects in scripts.

### Radek Dutkiewicz (2 commits)

* FPSMonitor and font loading fix (#572)
      * Fixed Layouts.md formatting (#589)

can anyone help me that i’m going crazy? thank you

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Future Pinball and BAM do not need to be run in any Compatibility Mode when being used with Win 7 and Win 10. This is not needed at all.

BAM has fixed many bugs with FP….and you never EVER run the FuturePinball.exe as administrator. You may however need to run FPLoader.exe (BAM) as admin depending on your system. Today, everyone should be using the latest BAM and should only be running FPLoader.exe (BAM) to play and edit FP tables.

I have been running all tables on FP (with BAM) in Win 7 and Win 10 and multiple machines and have never used Compatibility modes. In fact those mods have caused problems.

The only issue with Windows Defender. You need to disable it for some tables, or you will get some stuttering. This is not just FP that has this issue with Defender.

For an up to date guide on how to install and setup FP and BAM to work with all tables…go here:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/future-pinball-and-bam-mega-guide-by-terryred/

Nello
        Participant
          @nellino

Thanks for the answer, meanwhile, can you explain what BAM is and what it is for? I’ve never installed it, I didn’t even know it existed

TerryRed
            @terryred

Thanks for the answer, meanwhile, can you explain what BAM is and what it is for? I’ve never installed it, I didn’t even know it existed

Everything you need to know is in my guide I linked to…and I also have video guides there as well. you have a lot of catching up to do :).

Nello
            Participant
              @nellino

thank you very much for the intervention and I will try to follow the guide even if I think I have problems as English is not my language, meanwhile I asked you for the functionality of BAM as I have never used it for many years that I use future pinball on different hardware and systems

LynnInDenver
              Participant
                @lynnindenver

Terry did post a link in answer to your question, but the short of it: BAM is short for Better Arcade Mode (it started as a way to get Future Pinball working better in a cabinet, if I remember right), and it’s an add-on program that helps override and fix several issues with Future Pinball, some of them inherent in the original design choices, some of them inherent in that it’s basically abandonware at this point.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Nello
                Participant
                  @nellino

ok thanks for the intervention, I try

Nello
                  Participant
                    @nellino

meanwhile I tried not to give any compatibility to the exe of future pinball and how and when I give it a few times I lose the focus of the commands and to make them work I need to click at least once with the mouse at any point, I have always used win7 and the moment I gave compatibility to XPsp3 then it always work without problems but no with win10

LynnInDenver
                    Participant
                      @lynnindenver

Again, BAM will fix a LOT of issues with Future Pinball, especially as relates to the fact that Future Pinball itself hasn’t been updated in over ten years. It’ll even eliminate the need to run Future Pinball in any compatibility mode.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.

cdnbum88
                      Participant
                        @cdnbum88

My FP was working and I have windows updates off, but when I go to load FP via FP and Popper it does not bring up the loading screen and I just see my desktop. After the usual minute of loading though I hear the game in the background, but all I see in my windows task bar is two FP windows, but when I click on them nothing happens.

Thoughts on if a windows update (if one happened) or something else to be considered to look at?

I had FP working with BAM from Terry’s video for a few weeks now.

LynnInDenver
                        Participant
                          @lynnindenver

Yeah, the problem with Windows 10 is they’re making it as difficult as possible to not install their software updates and yet have it be online.

TerryRed
                            @terryred

My FP was working and I have windows updates off, but when I go to load FP via FP and Popper it does not bring up the loading screen and I just see my desktop. After the usual minute of loading though I hear the game in the background, but all I see in my windows task bar is two FP windows, but when I click on them nothing happens.

Thoughts on if a windows update (if one happened) or something else to be considered to look at?

I had FP working with BAM from Terry’s video for a few weeks now.

Install the newest GPU driver, as Win 10 tends to replace it with crappy drivers when they do updates. Also be sure the DISPLAY # in FP settings is the correct one for pf and BG. Sometimes Windows gets the numbers mixed up which makes FP not work correctly. The number in FP doesn’t always match what windows shows in Display settings. try each one until you find the one that works.

Nello
                            Participant
                              @nellino

Hi I have already installed the most recent video drivers and as for the display I have only one display and so it is also detected by the FP and cmq options it still does not work.
                              I tried to install BAM or better by starting the setup in the future folder but if I launch FPloader the problem remains the same, the only way that works for me is by putting compatibility in win 7 but many times it also does not work and instead does not putting no compatibility doesn’t work most of the time, it loses the focus of the commands and I have to click the mouse to make it work

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?