FX3 SSF (Surround Sound Feedback) PuP-Packs

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    IndianaJones
    Participant
      @indianajones

Is there a link or video about the works of FX3 and SSF? I was wondering how the triggering works. How does DOFLinx hook into FX3 for these events.

Thanks for your help,
      Roger

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Is there a link or video about the works of FX3 and SSF? I was wondering how the triggering works. How does DOFLinx hook into FX3 for these events.

Thanks for your help,

Roger

The only video you’ll get….

As for “how” it hooks into FX3…. DDH69 (creator of DOFLinx) would be the one to answer that. I can tell you that DOFLinx reads area of memory used by FX3 to monitor the triggers.

Each time FX3 gets a software update, DDH69 needs to find out where all the triggers are again (lots of work).

2 users thanked author for this post.
        IndianaJones
        Participant
          @indianajones

That is a great video. Thanks you!

fR33Styler
          Participant
            @fr33styler

Terry one question:

for some (of course FX3) tables which use the “FX3_PUP_SSF” default pack

e.g.

• Creature from the black lagoon
            • Cirqus voltaire
            • Champion pub
            • Theatre for magic

also

• Mars

i have a kind of “double played sound” (like a fast echo)… best to hear is pressing the flipper buttons (when fx_FlipperUP.wav is played) a little longer.

So my question is:

did you pay attention to something special, something specially adapted when you made a new/sepparate table (to prevent this)?

Because with the other tables it all sounds good.

If i can do something or if i can fix the problem, i would be happy :bye:

Greetz

TerryRed
              @terryred

Terry one question:

for some (of course FX3) tables which use the “FX3_PUP_SSF” default pack

e.g.

• Creature from the black lagoon
              • Cirqus voltaire
              • Champion pub
              • Theatre for magic

also

• Mars

i have a kind of “double played sound” (like a fast echo)… best to hear is pressing the flipper buttons (when fx_FlipperUP.wav is played) a little longer.

So my question is:

did you pay attention to something special, something specially adapted when you made a new/sepparate table (to prevent this)?

Because with the other tables it all sounds good.

If i can do something or if i can fix the problem, i would be happy :bye:

Greetz

Nothing I can do on my end. All tables are the same as far as the pup-packs are concerned. The original FX3 configs in DOFLinx are created by DDH69, and the above mentioned tables are using the same default config, as well as any other table that doesn’t have unique configs setup yet.

Do you by chance use “keys” instead on gamepad type buttons? If you are using keys, then you will get the flippers repeating, as DOFLinx acts like a keylogger with keys in FX3. You won’t get this problem with a gamepad type controller.

fR33Styler
              Participant
                @fr33styler

Thx for yor answer Terry.

I tried to use my buttons as “gamepad input” on pinscape… but had the same issue… then i found out:

if i press the buttons/keys “very very short (1 ms)” the triggers are “normal” (only once) – see green in the attachment.

if i press the buttons/keys “normal”, on the above mentioned tables the triggers come twice – see red:

SSf-double-sound

So i have to ask DDH69 i think :-)

Here´s the Thread i discuss with DDH69, feel free to join

fR33Styler
                Participant
                  @fr33styler

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=43766&p=444442 <- thx Terry! :yahoo:

TerryRed
                    @terryred

V1.16.3

-added Creature of Black Lagoon, Safe Cracker, Theatre of Magic, Championship Pub, Biolab, Rome, Shaman, Sorcerer’s Lair, SW: Battle of Mimban, SW: Calrissian Chronicles, SW: Return of the Jedi, SW: Han Solo, SW: Masters of the Force, SW: Solo, Cirqus Voltaire, Hurricane, Monster Bash, No Good Gofers, Red and Ted’s Road Show, TOTAN, White Water

I’ve sent the updated FX3 DOFLinx configs for the above tables with PUP_SSF support to DDH69. They should be included in the next version of DOFLinx.

The above tables already work with the Default triggers for SSF (as do all FX3 tables up to this point).

Once the table specific configs with PUP_SSF are added to the next version of DOFLinx….then the community can complete the pup-packs for these tables.

This is done using the ALL Triggers pup-packs by listening to the Numbers being triggered while playing the table. This is to determine their position on the playfield. Then using the PuP-Pack Editor the position info under Counters can be updated (x,z,y).

x ranges from -10 (left), 0 (center), 10 (right)

z is always 1

y ranges from 0 (top), -5 (center), -10 (bottom)

Then you add whatever SSF sound you want to use into the PuPSounds folder and choose that sound for the trigger. (files can only be WAV format)

When done… upload the new completed PuP-Pack here in the forum if possible (or a link,etc). I will add them to the Completed PuP-Packs file.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                    fR33Styler
                    Participant
                      @fr33styler

this are great news Terry… thx for your help & time! :yahoo:

I´ll upload my package (with all the sounds etc) here, when it´s done (after the new relase of DOFLinx)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      knightrider
                      Participant
                        @knightrdrx

Actually by default I got all sounds and music out of the rear speakers..which is the onboard sound card. Using this I could have mechanical up front only? I have 2 pairs of speakers , an extra sound card for up front

TerryRed
                          @terryred

Actually by default I got all sounds and music out of the rear speakers..which is the onboard sound card. Using this I could have mechanical up front only? I have 2 pairs of speakers , an extra sound card for up front

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_other&s%5B%5D=ssf

TerryRed
                            @terryred

The last post reminds me…

PUP SSF and Additional Audio cards

Nailbuster lists an experimental feature for using a second audio card for PUP SSF. Note the word “experimental”…

So far, many have had good success with it. It uses the Index number of your Windows Audio cards. So keep in mind that a change in Windows or an update could change the order of audio devices in that index.

So otherwords, don’t go buying a second audio card just for pup ssf, without understanding that you may need to make a settings change in pup to make pup ssf work again at times, or after updates.

Link to the info is here:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_other&s%5B%5D=ssf

2 users thanked author for this post.
                            fR33Styler
                            Participant
                              @fr33styler

When done… upload the new completed PuP-Pack here in the forum if possible (or a link,etc). I will add them to the Completed PuP-Packs file.

Hi Terry… so here´s my file with all the sounds and settings.

fR33Styler-PUP-Pack_2020-03-22.zip

Attachment limit here is 48.83 MB… so i uploaded this to my G-drive

What i´ve done (i have a recording studio):

• Used different sounds
                              • adjusted room position (just R/L Flippers)
                              • pushed some frequency
                              • updated all packs

In detail:

Bumpers & Slingshots:
                              (red line = original, orange line = change)

SSF_Bumper-Slingshots

Nudge:

SSF_Nudge

Flippers:

SSF_Flippers

EQ adjustment Flippers:

SSF_Flipper_EQ

Room (Flippers only):

SSF_Room

For me (this is a personal feeling) this is a great experince in my Cab (with my setup of course e.g. 4 amps (2.1) with 4 bass pumps and 4 exciters (sepparate connected to one amp each) etc.).

Feel free to give it a try (in the case you dont like it… > just delete it :)

Have a good one and stay healthy

fR33Styler

4 users thanked author for this post.
                              xantari
                              Participant
                                @xantari

This is epic, thanks so much for this!

Kinglui
                                Participant
                                  @kinglui

Hello Guys,

i have only a ZebsBoard Controller in my cab.

Can i use DOFLinx ? or do i need a controller like LEDWiz,Pinscape,PacLED64, Pincontrol1 and so on ?

kindly regards

Kinglui

rob3d
                                  Participant
                                    @rob3d

So I’ve followed this and I can get doflinx to trigger SSF if I’m running fx3 standalone on my cab, but when I try and run it from popper doflinx never “wakes up” and no SSF come through.  Any Idea why this would be happening?

david13570
                                    Participant
                                      @david13570

[Solved: using a third-party program (cmdnow)]

Hello
                                      I installed the sff with pinball FX3 it works very well it is great by cons once installed in pinup I have a problem closing the DOFLinx.exe it does not close the pinUpdisplay and pinUpPlayer …
                                      I am well in admin is when I launch the command via cmd I have a message access denied

Example:
                                      C: \> taskkill / f / im doflinx.exe / t
                                      Error: The process of PID 6692 (child process of PID 3672) has not been stopped.
                                      Reason: Access denied.

Sans titre-2
                                      sorry for my bad english i’m french LOL

KrakenByte
                                      Participant
                                        @krakenbyte

Really impresive improvement to the great Pinball FX3 cabinet experience!!!

Thankyou everybody for this, it’s awesome!

But now that I’m enjoing this glorious FX3 SSF, I’m thinking about the forgotten tables of Pinball FX2 like ‘Plants vs. Zombies‘ for example, and then here is the question:

Do you know if exist any ‘FX2 SSF’ PuP-Packs for, obviously, the old Pinball FX2? And, if the answer is ‘yes’, where to find them?

Only for clarify: I have allready the backglass collection for FX2 working, but now I’m talking about the SOUNDS.

Thanks again, folks!

KrakenByte Kraken

GCS2000
                                        Participant
                                          @gcs2000

Just added this to my fx3 setup and DOF and ssf work fine running fx3 directly. If I run fx3 from pinup I have no DOF or ssf when the table loads. If I play the game for a bit DOF eventually kicks in after about 30 seconds to a minute. I never get ssf though. Again all of this works fine running fx3 directly

I am using the latest doflinx 7.14 or something and have the current R3+++ as instructed  doflinx ini has been pointed to the proper pinup folder and physics volume is off.  Not sure what would cause this behavior

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

Most likely you have DOFLinx or pinupmenu.exe set to admin or the other way around.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 138 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?