FX3 SSF (Surround Sound Feedback) PuP-Packs

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

There was a new update from Zen for FX3… and as a result a new version of DOFLinx was also released and will be needed.

dondi
      Participant
        @dondi

@fR33Styler, did you the remapping of all available tables at the time of posting?

dondi
        Participant
          @dondi

Hey guys… thanks for all the work on this. I am re-visiting FX3 + SSF. I had implemented the “completed” v1.1 ssf pups a while back (April 2020-ish). Doesn’t look like it’s been updated since March 6, 2020. I’ve gone through this entire support thread and noticed some user-generated content that I’ve just downloaded. I realize @terryred is extremely busy working on tons of other stuff and probably hasn’t had time to ‘validate’ the content and update the “completed” pack. I was wondering what a valid comprehensive state of FX3 SSF PUPs would be comprised of as of today (Jan 2021). I guess depending on what @fR33Styler did with his entire pack (if @sebbe1985’s World War Hulk submission is redundant or not), & @topper-2k’s Star Wars (which came after fr33styler’s pack).
          I’m guessing the plan-of-attack at the moment to piecemeal this would be the following order (??):
          – original 10 from the completed v1.1 pack
          – ALIENS PUP
          – sebbe1985’s WWH and Medieval Madness
          – fR33Styler’s entire pack (if ‘valid’)
          – topper-2k’s Star Wars SFA

Thanks for any thoughts on this. I’m in a holding-pattern til then.

fR33Styler
          Participant
            @fr33styler

@dondi

you are right… Terry has already done a lot of great things for the community… and is certainly also busy with some other things right now.

Regarding your question, I can only tell you from my point of view what I have done:

I changed some sounds based on Terry’s pack (I have a recording studio and the sound itself is very important to me) and adapted it for my hardware setup… and also adjusted some positioning. Then i  roughly adapted (as good as possible for me) the last ZEN tables (release after the pack of Terry)… but only with the “default triggers” so that it works for me (and my sounds und my setup).

Nothing more… and this is what i shared.

Iam open to update in my version (Sounds / Position) tables from default triggers only to “full tables” (incl. adapt the sounds and position like the other tables) if you point some links and the author is ok with this?!

Maybe Terry also have some feedback about the latest ZEN tables related to triggers and an update?!

Greetings

TerryRed
              @terryred

Everything I have added to any packs is mentioned in the Changelog tab.

Or otherwords… the “complete” package would be the most up to date you can get from me “currently” which includes whatever is mentioned in the changelog.

Anything not mentioned in there, but posted from others since then can be added.

Aliens pup-pack from me (the full videos one) uses its own *.pup files…so no need to replace that.

There may be other FX3 video pup-packs that “could” also have SSF in their configs.

As for updates…I still need to update DOFLinx cfg files to include any new “complete” triggers for newer tables released… then make the pup-packs for that.

In the middle of a million things and family issues making free time more difficult means it could be a while. One way or another though.. ALL tables should at the very least be able to work with the default triggers and sounds without any updates (as all tables use the default pup-pack first before checking for table specific DOFLinx cfgs.).

1 user thanked author for this post.
              sebbe1985
              Participant
                @sebbe1985

Hi guys,

I can’t see that I have made a completed pack for Medieval Madness, or maybe I have just forgotten about it.

But World War Hulk should be added to the complete package.

Basically what I have done is added sounds to all extra triggers, but I have also changed the sounds for flippers, bumpers, slingshots etc which have a little more bass for more SSF feedback.

Would love to see someone make complete packages of the rest of the tables, I only made packages for my favourite tables and then life and kids got in the way :)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                dondi
                Participant
                  @dondi

Thanks for the reply guys…
                  Yeah, upon initial set up, I first did the defaults for all, then stacked the 10 completed ones, then stacked the ALIENS, all as ‘progressive upgrades’. Looks like fR33Styler’s is another set of defaults for all and doesn’t quite qualify as ‘completed’. From the thread, looks like there may be 3 outstanding ‘completed’ packs (??); Sebbe’s 2 packs and topper-2k’s pack?

topper-2k
                  Participant
                    @topper-2k

Star Wars SFA should be good to go!

crazy4cab
                    Participant
                      @lorenzo

Finally I managed how to (almost) set up DOFLINX only for FX3_PUP_SSF.

I was so happy for the results but I have one problem: when I play ▶️ Aliens Isolation (and maybe also the other FX3 tables) for trying his PUPSSF everything fine except that every time I press my left or right flipper DOFLinx engage both together left flipper and left digital nudge, the result is a double sound.

I can’t remember where in DOFLinx I set up the buttons (flipper left and right, nudge, player 1, extraball, lauch).

I have no toys, my DOFLinx.ini is the minimal.ini from the initial samples, the one just for FX3_BS2 that works only with the default FX3 BG DOFLinx.

My buttons controller is an old IPAC2.

I have the ALL TRIGGER version.

I’ll share my .ini file and DOFLinx log.

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Finally I managed how to (almost) set up DOFLINX only for FX3_PUP_SSF.

I was so happy for the results but I have one problem: when I play ▶️ Aliens Isolation (and maybe also the other FX3 tables) for trying his PUPSSF everything fine except that every time I press my left or right flipper DOFLinx engage both together left flipper and left digital nudge, the result is a double sound.

I can’t remember where in DOFLinx I set up the buttons (flipper left and right, nudge, player 1, extraball, lauch).

I have no toys, my DOFLinx.ini is the minimal.ini from the initial samples, the one just for FX3_BS2 that works only with the default FX3 BG DOFLinx.

My buttons controller is an old IPAC2.

I have the ALL TRIGGER version.

I’ll share my .ini file and DOFLinx log.

If you are using keyboard keys to control your actions… then this may result in “key repeats” if they are held down (and would give double sounds,etc)… in the same way if you hold down keys in Notepad.

If your controller was a gamepad, you wouldn’t have the same issue.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by TerryRed.
                        crazy4cab
                        Participant
                          @lorenzo

Oh crap!! I need to find a solution!!

Time to change the buttons controller or it could be possible to change something in the DOFLinx.ini?

Playing Aliens with Pup-Pack and DOFLinx PUP-FSS was amazing!!

Thanks again for sharing this piece of art and VP improvements.

crazy4cab
                          Participant
                            @lorenzo

Maybe I find the solution here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=34412

Quote from the forum with DDH69

——————————————————–“I figured it out, when programming the ipac, i clicked on ipac shift on all the button layout. Went back, tookcit off and all is good with the world now! Thanks for the help!” —————

I have a lot of buttons with double functions activated with the shift but the flipper and the digital nudge aren’t linked.

I’ll try in the later afternoon if wife and daughter allow me to do it!!!

crazy4cab
                            Participant
                              @lorenzo

I haven’t solved yet!!

Nothing changed after erasing the master “shift” and the other shifted buttons.

The last hope is in the new IPAC 2 firmware upgraded this afternoon.

The new firmware allow to set the controller also as a gamepad ?.

I need to set again the buttons for all the emulators :wacko:

For FX 3 I’ll use https://www.x360ce.com/

Maybe Joytokey isn’t a good choice.

crazy4cab
                              Participant
                                @lorenzo

:wacko: SOLVED CHANGING BUTTONS CONTROLLER

Tommy Canya
                                Participant
                                  @jfichtner

Hi everyone, and thanks to all who contribute to this incredible community, especially Terry! You sir are a godsend!

Now for my issue… I have followed all instructions and interestingly I am getting SSF whenever I start FX3 directly, but when I launch an FX3 table from PUP I don’t get any SSF sounds. Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be happening?

outhere
                                    @outhere
                                    MemberContributorvipModerator

Hi everyone, and thanks to all who contribute to this incredible community, especially Terry! You sir are a godsend!

Now for my issue… I have followed all instructions and interestingly I am getting SSF whenever I start FX3 directly, but when I launch an FX3 table from PUP I don’t get any SSF sounds. Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be happening?

See #7 & #23 – https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=faq

Tommy Canya
                                    Participant
                                      @jfichtner

See #7 & #23 – https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=faq

Wow, that was it!! I had followed a guide to installing DOFLinx that instructed me to set it to run as admin.

Thank you so much for taking the time!

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

At one time DOFLinx required admin to work for most people. Today, it may or may not be required depending on your PC’s settings.

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?