Galaxy Quest – PinUp Player version

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    topper-2k
    Participant
      @topper-2k

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/galaxy-quest-pinup-player-version/

This is a Galaxy Quest re-theme of Pinball58’s Space Shuttle (Williams) table.

Credits:
      Sound effects: https://www.zapsplat.com
      Sarris image: DopePope on Art Station https://www.artstati…m/artwork/n0dJK
      3D Rocks wireframe: Icekazim on https://3dexport.com…ocks-288240.htm
      3D Protector wireframe: John Hoagland https://sketchfab.co…oWwcc9spH3U7FiU
      Playfield image: Courtesy NASA

Gramps
      Participant
        @gramps

Not quite sure what to do about a pup pack folder for this table.  I see the folder in the download PuPVideos.  Is that the actual pup pack folder that should be copied over to PinUPSystem/PUPVideos folder?  That didn’t make sense so I added a new folder and named it the same as the rom file and copied the contents of the PupVideos downloaded folder to that folder.  That didn’t work either.

nanuk
        Participant
          @nanuk

thx 2 screen version will be nice to

1 user thanked author for this post.
          junktape
          Participant
            @junktape

Not quite sure what to do about a pup pack folder for this table.

I had the same concern but in my case I created a folder called “sshtl_l7” to match the rom file.  I placed it in the pupvideos folder and the pack worked on launch.

That's all folks!

johnbymy
            Participant
              @johnbymy

Même chose et parfait

merci beaucoup

Gramps
              Participant
                @gramps

@junktape  That’s what I did too.  What I DIDN’T do was use the table that was in the download.  I had a previous Galaxy Quest table and it didn’t work with this pup pack.  Once I deleted that table and use the proper one, it worked great !

jogrady7
                Participant
                  @jogrady7

Great job on the Pup pack and table.  Question, I have a 3 screen setup and I don’t see the scoring anywhere.  Thanks

PEandS1Ws
                  Participant
                    @peands1ws

2 screen version coming soon. I’m working with topper-2k to update the download to include my 2 screen conversion. Stay tuned.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                    force10wind
                    Participant
                      @force10wind

this is a fun table!

Thanks for sharing

Heinz

nanuk
                      Participant
                        @nanuk

thx for the 2 screen version

dielated
                        Participant
                          @dielated

I have tried the 2 and 3 screen setup and don’t see any dmd / scoring. When I run the real space shuttle table with the same rom it does show the scoring (and the GQ puppack) but when I play the GQ table with the same rom the scoring doesnt show. Anybody know what’s going on?

junktape
                          Participant
                            @junktape

Anybody have any ideas?

I’m having the same issue.  I confirmed I’m using the right table with the pup (version 1.0,) I made sure to replace the default pup files with the ones from the 2-screen folder and I tried toggling the settings for external DMD in the F1 table menu….

…but I cannot seem to get a scoring display.

Are you saying that when you run Space Shuttle and launch the Galaxy Quest pack, you are getting a DMD display?  Is it sitting on top of the Galaxy Quest backglass?   Unless its something to do with the F1 DMD display settings, all I can think is that there is something in the Space Shuttle’s table script that is missing from our Galaxy Quest version.

Meanwhile if you’d like to be able to use Space Shuttle without triggering the Pup Pack, you’ll just need to quickly edit your table script and VPXAlias file.   Here’s how to do that if you don’t already know:

Load up Space Shuttle in VPX and then click “view” to enter the table script.

Find line 9 and replace the definition of cGamename with “SpaceShuttle”

Exit the script and then save and exit VPX \

Now go to your VisualPinball/Pinmame folder and open up the VPMAlias.txt file that should be there.

Add the following text on its own line:

SpaceShuttle,sshtl_l7

Now when you load your Space Shuttle table it will bypass the pup pack.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help and I hope we can both get an answer on the missing DMD issue.

That's all folks!

dielated
                            Participant
                              @dielated

Thanks for the concise explanation, I will be doing that!

But yes, when I open the real table ‘Space Shuttle’ I see the vpinmame alphanumeric scoring on my 3rd screen and the GQ PUP pack plays on my backglass – but on the galaxy quest table the pinmame scoring does not open. So whatever the issue is is with the table and not with Pup or pinmame.

dielated
                              Participant
                                @dielated

So I was able to get scoring to display using the externall dll option in the f1 menu. Not sure why the regular vpinmame won’t show but the freezy dll display will… but it does

junktape
                                Participant
                                  @junktape

So I was able to get scoring to display using the externall dll option in the f1 menu. Not sure why the regular vpinmame won’t show but the freezy dll display will… but it does

Well dang I’m very glad that worked for you — but strangely it does not seem to work for me.  I have freezy freshly installed but I get nothing.  Perhaps it’s something to do with you being 3-screen and me using the 2-screen version of the pup that got posted recently.  :(

That's all folks!

jogrady7
                                  Participant
                                    @jogrady7

The external dmd options on F1 worked for me as well.  Doesn’t look great but at least I can see my score now.  Thanks Dielated

PEandS1Ws
                                    Participant
                                      @peands1ws

The grille made for the 2 screen version is missing from the .zip file. Here it is: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZDL3ZcTD-_eaz3ZppKWI2MYsG25l_WMH?usp=sharing

topper-2k
                                      Participant
                                        @topper-2k

The grille made for the 2 screen version is missing from the .zip file. Here it is: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZDL3ZcTD-_eaz3ZppKWI2MYsG25l_WMH?usp=sharing

Thanks. I don’t have any experience with 2 screen PUP packs and I appreciate you doing this. I just need to add the grill png you provided to the Pup download file?

Roadblock
                                        Participant
                                          @roadblock

I just wanted to post some things that I figured out in the hopes that it will help someone else in this great community.

Galaxy Quest is a fun theme and thank you Pinball58, Topper2k, PEandS1Ws for doing such a great job and sharing with us.

I use a 3 screen setup playfield/backglass/PinDMD3.
                                          I setup the ROM to use the external DMD with Freezy and a VPMAlias.

That worked fine but when I ran the Space Shuttle table I found that I had lost most of the sounds.

The Pup needs to mute some sounds from the table to run the videos properly and this is accomplished in the script.
                                          I had to make a minor script change to make sure the sounds get turned back on when the table exits:

Change this little subroutine at the end of the script:

Sub table1_Exit
                                          Controller.stop
                                          End Sub

change to:

Sub table1_Exit
                                          Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“sound”) = 1
                                          Controller.stop
                                          End Sub

That will fix the sound in the Space Shuttle table.

Now Space Shuttle doesn’t need external DMD turned on but when you run it from your front end it can be hidden. Just let the front end DMD run:

Pinball X Game List Manager check off the Hide DMD for that game.

Pinball Y Game Details check on the Real DMD for that game.

Pinup Popper GamesSetupForm, pick that game, click on Keep Displays ON, then click on DMD (4:1 slim), click save, then click save at the bottom of the GamesSetupForm.

Thanks also to the original authors of Space Shuttle.

Cheers, Roadblock

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?