Galaxy Quest

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    topper-2k
    Participant
      @topper-2k

galaxy-quest-screenshot

This is a Galaxy Quest re-theme (created with permission) of JPSalas’ Space Shuttle (Taito) table.

Credits:

Attachments:
      topper-2k
      Participant
        @topper-2k

Is posting this here all I need to do to have this considered for inclusion in the downloads section? Or is there some other place I need to submit it?

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

I can’t stop anyone from posting a link to a table like you did. I can however delete it in a second if I want to ;)

Since you state that you’ve gotten permission to release – then a regular upload is the best way to distribute it in the long run. Your link might die. I don’t say that this site never will, but, at least for now it is a more trusted place to stick your work than a dropbox, a mega or whatever you decide on.

You should go to your profile icon, then under my uploads – do the dance. Then I will approve it and you will get a subject with support thread if you choose to do so. Be prepared for the upload by making a proper screenshot ready. We kind of are a bit anal about tables and material uploaded that clearly is visual – needs this to get approved.

And, congrats ( soon, on your first release – personally I would have hoped for something else than only graphics changes … guess I’ll find out soon ) on your first upload.

2borG
          Participant
            @2borg

Looks great! Thanks

topper-2k
            Participant
              @topper-2k

Thank you both! Thalamus, the changes are all visual and audio. There are Galaxy Quest quotes, sound effects, and music. I didn’t mod gameplay or the rule set. That’s a little beyond me at this stage. I was inspired by the Battlestar Galactica and Mad Max re-theme’s I’ve seen by other users. It’s very much in that vein.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

That is exactly why I will find this table – not very interesting. It doesn’t take much moving some objects around. Batch did understand what I mean by re-using the rom to something completely different . Accept pr. example – https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/accept-germany/ is based off Algar. Not saying you should take it that far, but, moving some object around doesn’t take much time and will make it a different experience. Not I sound very unappreciative – I’m not, I’m just trying to get people to do more than just the simple and basic stuff.

Jalei
                Participant
                  @jalei

Thanks for this great reskin! Love the graphics, music, sounds. I like playing Space Shuttle so I don’t mind you only started with just graphics and sound changes. Very nice first release! A good start to learn to build your own table!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?