Genie (Gottlieb 1979)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Shannon
    Participant
      @shannon1

Beautiful table! Thanks.

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

got to spend a few games tonight, great fun as always for many gottliebs of the era, shatz the inline to light the spinner and rip it!

great work as always @bord and @rothbauerw

bjschneider93
        Participant
          @bjschneider93

Thanks Bord and team for a beautiful release

rothbauerw
            @rothbauerw
            ModeratorContributorMembervip

So excited to try this. And amazed to see the VR tag, as I’m focusing mainly on VR VPX right now. What exactly does VR ready mean in the context of this table? Is there a cabinet exterior and back glass included?

Thanks again!

No cabinet or room, but it does have a working backglass and scoring displays.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            robertms
            Participant
              @mophead

Ahh, so that’s what the lower bumper section is supposed to behave like.. well no wonder I couldn’t stand to play previous versions for more than a few minutes. It’s like a whole new game to me.. thanks for that @rothbauerw B-) And thanks @bord for making yet another spectacular table recreation straight for my favorites folder (believe me, it is not easy to get in there :whistle: ) Great work guys, top notch as always!

Mike DA Spike
              Participant
                @mikedaspike

Nice table @bord & @rothbauerw

If you make any adjustment, can you add coin chutes control too from the F6 menu ?
                Attached is the code

Strange part is that the code doesn’t reflect the manual
                According to the manual DIP4/8 only on gives 1 coin – 2 credits, but i need to set it to DIP1/5
                Looks like it is switched (Dip 1-4 = dip 4 -1 …)
                genie
                Again : Great table guys !

Attachments:
                JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Just into the 1st 1/2 hour with this.  Love the table but wide body?  I can never get those dialed in on my rig….right?   Paragon, Space Invaders.  Fails.  Thought tables like that would be for another day…might never look right.

Bump up the apron.  Brilliant.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Currently not at home, but, really looking forward to try this table out guys. You both are imo top of the game. Beautiful tables that play really well is of course much appreciated. Thank you guys ! :rose: :good:

Ben Logan2
                    Participant
                      @benlogan2

Such a great layout. Exciting version. Love it, you guys! Thanks!

marie
                      Participant
                        @marie

Thanks! Plays very good and looks stunning.

Enjoyed this Genie in  with a bottle ;-)

vogliadicane
                        Participant
                          @vogliadicane

Great work again, thank you Team Bord, Roth and BorgDog! :good:

I especially like the pov, usually wide bodies are truncated at the top, this one fits perfect and doesn’t feel stretched or so. Very natural.

arconovum
                          Participant
                            @nicholaschristopher
                            MemberContributor

Great work bord, and a big thanks.

JR
                            Participant
                              @jfr1

This is gorgeous.  Really amazed at how this looks/plays on a 40″ PF.  Thanks to all involved for the work done here.  Strange magic making this work.

Side note – – Genie looks a tad hopped up on Red Bull…I prefer the brunette to the left on the BG ;)

You guys continue to amaze.

Drybonz
                              Participant
                                @drybonz

Roth/Bord team on such a great table… looking forward to checking this one out.  Thanks, guys.  :good:

tnjhead
                                Participant
                                  @tnjhead

Ive got a new found love of this table thanks to you! awesome job!

STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria
                                    MemberContributor

Searching for a perfect Backglass, i tried the two avaiable direct2bs Versions ( Wildman and darquayle ).
                                    Both did a great Job of Course – but a deeper View: both Images haven’t straight Scoreboxes or isn’t the Full Image,
                                    the one is with the “GENIE” animated light, the other is imo. a nicer Quality … first: Thanks Wildman and darquayle.

Whatever, i can’t find a newer (full, straight) Image, so i miss the last 1% for this perfect Table ( in combination with the Backglass ) … :scratch:

The Loafer
                                    Participant
                                      @theloafer

Looks like I have a new mission today: download this game and give it a good spin!

Mongi
                                      Participant
                                        @mongi

Love the game and great job. I can’t get any rom’s to work for me. seems like all system one (pre 1980 games) rom’s I can’t play. system 80 all work fine. I’m updated to the latest everything.  Anyone have  suggestions for me?

bord
                                          @bord
                                          MembervipContributorModerator

Searching for a perfect Backglass, i tried the two avaiable direct2bs Versions ( Wildman and darquayle ).

Both did a great Job of Course – but a deeper View: both Images haven’t straight Scoreboxes or isn’t the Full Image,

the one is with the “GENIE” animated light, the other is imo. a nicer Quality … first: Thanks Wildman and darquayle.

Whatever, i can’t find a newer (full, straight) Image, so i miss the last 1% for this perfect Table ( in combination with the Backglass ) … :scratch:

Jon Osborne also provided some nice photos for a Genie BG along with the plastic scans. I don’t have time to do it properly but maybe these photos will help someone out. Would be great to see @blacksad tackle this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vsrLREF2zvk8dEjnHT5Rh2OPN36mar8i

arconovum
                                          Participant
                                            @nicholaschristopher
                                            MemberContributor

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you guys. A freebee for me! yeepee! I looks great in your FSS , but of course rotated.

Genie (Bord) Shadows Mid Clipboard-1

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?