God Awful Buzzing Noise

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    ICPjuggla
      @icpjuggla
      MembervipModerator

So as you all know I’ve been updating my cab as of late.. It’s been one issue after another to fix, now I remember why I’ve put it off so long.. lol

Today I decided hell I’ll update DOF on my cab and now I’m getting a god awful buzzing noise on 7 of my 24 installed tables.. I remember back in the day AMF did this for some people and there was a fix for it, or am I just doing something wrong here?

I downloaded the updated DOF from the Configtool sight followed the instructions and generated a new gonfig to match my port assignments.. like I said before the update there was no buzzing noise.. sigh….. I’m having people over tonight to play now I have to take out 7 tables.. :-( Or is there an easy fix for this?????

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

What is noise a solenoid? A shaker? All the time?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

ICPjuggla
          @icpjuggla
          MembervipModerator

As soon as DOF turns on it’s just an awful buzzing noise

I don’t have much hooked to my cab..

Ports

Attachments:
          randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Hmm can only be from shaker. As soon as it turns on? Sounds like your shaker thinks it is a start light or something

for IOS and Android

ICPjuggla
              @icpjuggla
              MembervipModerator

I have no clue what it is to be honest… it’s just a god awful buzzing noise.. As soon as DOF activates it starts..

but only 7 tables are doing it..

– Genesis
              – Tommy
              – Sopranos
              – playboy
              – pinball pool
              – Hercules
              – circus voltaire

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

I’m with randr on this, if those tables have credits available it will light your start button (well at least the one I know about).  How hard is it to disconnect your toys one at a time to verify which is making the noise?

ICPjuggla
                  @icpjuggla
                  MembervipModerator

Don’t think it’s that Genesis had no coins in and I put some in and hit play. The noise was constant. It didn’t stop until I exited the table.

It’s only effecting 7 out of 24 tables it’s got to be something in the configure file..

ICPjuggla
                    @icpjuggla
                    MembervipModerator

Also, this only started once I updated DOF and generated a new config. It was fine under the old DOF and old config.

freneticamnesic
                      @freneticamnesic
                      vipModeratorMember

Try and pinpoint the noise at least, it’s not going to be everything, it’s going to come from one location. I get a small whine from my shaker but only when the cab is open and I listen for it

Punch it!

ICPjuggla
                        @icpjuggla
                        MembervipModerator

This isn’t just a humming sound! It’s a god awful sound something’s wrong! lol

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

do a video or something. you only have one real feedback device the shaker so must be that port(12) or your config is not right and shaker is setup on dof tool wrong?

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

ICPjuggla
                            @icpjuggla
                            MembervipModerator

Honestly I think it’s the RGB lights!

ICPjuggla
                              @icpjuggla
                              MembervipModerator

Well I just wanted to thank @randr for all his help today with this issue… It’s much appreciated man..

We networked for a few hours this afternoon to trouble shoot and pinpoint the issue.. It seems I’ve got a faulty relay hooked up to my RGB lights.. Blue & red work fine but green causes the issue.. So any color that needs green I’ve got the auful buzzing noise coming from the relay..

I’m going to be fixing this soon hopfully tonight if I can pull the cab from the wall myself.. :-)

Once I get it fixed up I’ll report back on how it’s going… Thx again randr for all the help

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

well let’s hope it’s just a faulty relay. Try the other one or bypass them. Hope to here results soon!

for IOS and Android

ICPjuggla
                                  @icpjuggla
                                  MembervipModerator

I’m thinking I’m just going to bypass the relay and use another 3 ports on my ledwiz.. That way I can do the RGB flippers and then RGB under cabinet lights.. Or try that complex under cabinet light setting you showed me… :-)

AndersE
                                  Participant
                                    @anderse

Are you driving rgb leds via a relay? Then it must be the pwm’ing, as you can’t pwm a relay.

If DOF sends 100% pwm then it’ll be ok, but as soon the table wants to fade the led then it’s ca-ca..

and you will hear humming from the coil..

ICPjuggla
                                      @icpjuggla
                                      MembervipModerator

Okay, just a bit of an update…..

Things around here have been kind of crazy, the wife has had me doing a few projects around the house.. I told her I was going to take a bit of a break from building tables and next think I know there is a to do list on the counter.. lol

Anyway, in between getting the to do list completed I’ve been working on my cab. I’ve taken out the relay and hooked up the bank of LEDs under the cab to seperate ports on my led wiz. Now I have my rgb flipper buttons and under cab lighting on there own ports on my led wiz. All I have left to do is hook up some more LEDs under the cab to run the under cab complex.. All will be hooked up soon hopefully. In the mean time I have loaded a few more tables.. :-)

ICPjuggla
                                        @icpjuggla
                                        MembervipModerator

O by the way getting rid of the relay worked… No more buzzing noise!!

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Glad you got it working! Sounds like better then ever now so it’s a good thing it was a issue

for IOS and Android

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?