Golden Arrow (Gottlieb 1977)

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

Cool. To be honest I’ve never even bothered doing anything with that setting, so have no idea what is a reasonable value (I’m generally not much of a nudge person in VP)  I just did the File, New to open the test table and it has a nudge time of 5.

StevOz
      Participant
        @stevoz

Liking it more and more with every little DT tweak I make…

Nudge Time of 5 is the sweet spot, it reverted to 2 when I originally opened it with VP10.1..ho hum..

I’ve moved the text boxes GAME OVER, TILT, adjusted the desktop backdrop settings for a fuller table view and I’m contemplating replacing the Ball In Play/Match text boxes with emreels, that I can create with my awesome ifanview/Libre Office skills. I can see where they need to be on the back glass, a few tweaks to the script to make those work it’s doable but not sure I’m the man to do it, basically a B2S for DT users without the need for B2S, done via VP alone.

Must be great to have the original machine, great game and I remember it well, hated the wide flipper gap though I did indeed nudge more then a few free games from this machine. :)

Attachments:
        BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

I’ve thought about doing that with the BIP and Match, this one I think they would actually all fit on the display, depending on your settings of course.  I suppose if I wanted to get totally obsessive about it I would take pictures of all the lights on to make all the images for the reels, and also replace Game Over and Tilt.

I do really like this machine, even with all the STDM balls that happen through the spinners between the bumpers and right between the flippers.  Once you get that special lit though you can rack up a lot of games, managed to light it on the 1st ball last night, not much scoring after that but fun to chase the arrow, of course free games aren’t worth much on free play.

I used to run the DT settings pretty close to what you have there, but find myself going more for the top down look just to see what’s in back better and to be more like when I’m actually standing at the machine. Not to critical on this table, but a lot of the newer tables with all the ramps and such the DT view is so low you can’t see anything in the back.  Nice thing that it’s so easily adjustable for sure. :-)

Here is the back of the backglass flipped around so you can easily see where everything goes, really like it when I have these backside images.

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

OK, just uploaded version 2.1.

v2.1 changed ball in play, match, game over, and tilt on DT backdrop to emreels mainly so bip and match would show where it is visible on the backglass.  kinda quick so a couple are not the best images, but it is a nicer effect.

2 users thanked author for this post.
            Al
            Participant
              @alandee

Had to add that the visual nudge you can turn off in the settings under Preferences > Video Options. ( I actually have mine to 0 on the cab as it moves so it’s not for me )

And, finally I had a really good go on this last night and absofuknlutely love it. This is one hell of a table, without having access to a real one of these, it feels spot on, and just hard enough to be a pain making it all the more satisfying when you nail it a bit.

Thanks so much BorgDog for an absolute ripper. ( this and Buccaneer, I’m in EM heaven ! )

Cheers,

al.

xpxn

Attachments:
              energumeno
              Participant
                @energumeno

thanks for  make all tables.

Ben Logan2
                Participant
                  @benlogan2

Played this beauty for hours tonight, Borgdog. Thanks for such an authentic recreation with your wonderful attention to detail.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?