Gottlieb Counterforce – 1980 – VP9 to VPX conversion

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rascal
    Participant
      @rascal
      MemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/gottlieb-counterforce-1980-vp9-to-vpx-conversion/

This is a VPX conversion of a 1980 Gottlieb Counterforce table. Big thanks to Luvthatapex, Moonchild and Inkochnito for their work on the earlier versions. This VPX mod was done by Rascal. It needs the rom file “cntforce.zip” to run. Do not ask me for the rom, google search or find a friend.

9 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Thanks @rascal!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

The main reason is that the resources used isn’t great. If there where great resources available – my guess is that we’ve seen these tables as VPX earlier.

rascal
          Participant
            @rascal
            MemberContributor

The main reason is that the resources used isn’t great. If there where great resources available – my guess is that we’ve seen these tables as VPX earlier.

What he said.  :good:

You guys need to realize that I am not completely redrawing these, I am merely converting them from their current version to VPX. I do doctor some things, but not that much. I’m leaving the redraws and the decking them out to the pros. I’ve released like 8 tables now (in the matter of a couple weeks), and if I redrew them and searched for clean resources, I probably would not even be done with one. Yes, I’m hacking them out, I know that. I’m probably spending like 2 or 3 days on them at most. There are like 34 more gottlieb tables not released for VPX. For those of you that have to have nothing but the cleanest tables, these are not for you. Do you guys want me to continue? The alternative is to wait for someone to painstakingly redraw everything and release them. Some of these are gems to play, and may never get super cleanups.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

I absolutely want you to continue. This is IMO important work. There are a lot of different skilled people in our community. Some don’t know anything about what you are doing so it gives them/us a chance. Like you say. To get them “updated” to at least be playable in VPX. A important step in the process.  :rose:

freelunch
              Participant
                @freelunch

I agree, everyone has different strengths. Maybe someone will see these tables and think, I could make this look better, and they will redraw or render shadows or whatever visual hoodoo those table author wizards do. Maybe no one will, and in that case, I can at least flip on this blurry classic and have fun (that is, when I finally get around to catching up on the seemingly endless sea of vp10 content).

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

@rascal if your having fun then continue please!

while they don’t look like the releases people are used to seeing they are now in vpx and you allow anyone to improve them so anyone complaining can gather resources and share the improvements.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Randr has a good point. You should continue only if you are enjoying doing it. Once fiddling with this hobby is taking too much time and effort. It is time for a break.

flpennstater
                    Participant
                      @flpennstater

anybody have a pov file for this?  looks great

freelunch
                      Participant
                        @freelunch

anybody have a pov file for this? looks great

For every Visual Pinball user, I think it’s worth learning how to adjust these settings. This way, you can get the perspective you like on every table you have. If there’s already a table you know you like the camera perspective, you can usually use those settings on any other table (make sure not to change z-scale) and just make adjustments to x, y, and z offset.

https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

ItchyRobot
                        Participant
                          @itchyrobot

Cool table. I wish one of the art pros would take on some of the tables and shine them up a bit. Too fuzzy looking for my liking, but I totally understand the value in getting them out to the community to further mod.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?