Gottlieb Premier Cactus Jack’s – 1991 – VP8 to VPX conversion

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    rascal
    Participant
      @rascal
      MemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/gottlieb-premier-cactus-jacks-1991-vp8-to-vpx-conversion/

This is a VP8 to VPX conversion of a 1991 Gottlieb Premier Cactus Jack’s pinball machine. Big thanks to PacDude for his VP8 version of this table. I got to say, this is a pretty fun table to play. This table needs the rom “cactjack.zip” to play. Hopefully you have a friend that has it, because the Gottlieb roms have been pulled down from all the sites.

Also, if anybody sees something wrong with it and can fix it or just wants to improve it, you have my permission to mod it.

Total of 21 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I know there was a vpx beta of this and dark did the models for it. but was never released.

Thanks rascal again :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

Haven’t tried it yet. Appreciate you doing the work to transfer it to vpx, but is a shame there is a bunch of work already done for this table that is not being used.  Can’t wait to try this though

rascal
          Participant
            @rascal
            MemberContributor

When I saw that the Gottlieb roms were being pulled down, I did a IPDB of all the Solid State tables that Gottlieb made and started collecting them. I could not find them all as VPX. So I grabbed the VP8 and VP9 tables that were missing as placeholders. So now I have 65 VPX tables and 38 VP8/VP9 tables all the Gottliebs. Now I’m slowly converting them to VPX if I can (passing up the really messed up ones like Big Hurt), just to have them roughed in, so that the pros can deck them out with fresh graphics and models. So I know these are not super clean redrawn versions of any of these tables, but they are working VPX versions now…. I think anyway. You younger guys can grab them and make them beautiful.

If the table made it to production, I have a version of it. https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?gtype=SS&mfgid=410&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

3 users thanked author for this post.
            bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

When I saw that the Gottlieb roms were being pulled down, I did a IPDB of all the Solid State tables that Gottlieb made and started collecting them. I could not find them all as VPX. So I grabbed the VP8 and VP9 tables that were missing as placeholders. So now I have 65 VPX tables and 38 VP8/VP9 tables all the Gottliebs. Now I’m slowly converting them to VPX if I can (passing up the really messed up ones like Big Hurt), just to have them roughed in, so that the pros can deck them out with fresh graphics and models. So I know these are not super clean redrawn versions of any of these tables, but they are working VPX versions now…. I think anyway. You younger guys can grab them and make them beautiful.

If the table made it to production, I have a version of it. https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?gtype=SS&mfgid=410&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

Great thinking, man. So glad you’re on this.

Ben Logan2
              Participant
                @benlogan2

Can’t wait to try it, rascal. Thanks!

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

Nice Surprise, thanks Rascal :good:

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you so much Rascal for doing this. I know – taking a collection of table and deciding to update them is a huge task in itself. Sure, vpx is much easier to work with than vp8 or vp9 was. I just found these, so, I don’t know if you’ve implemented SSF or not. I would be happy to help you with that if that’s ok.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    batch
                    Participant
                      @batch

Big and very nice surprise

Thanks for you’ve done and shure you made many people happy today !

Micronaut
                      Participant
                        @micronaut

this is a pleasant surprise, :yahoo:
                        I want to thank you for your good work of converting some classic of gottlieb vp8 & 9 to VPX
                        excellent work and very appreciated  :heart:

Bob Albright
                        Participant
                          @bobalbright

FYI…rom can be found @ pinball nirvana. Thanks for the release

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

bjschneider93
                          Participant
                            @bjschneider93

Any idea why I am seeing this pink thing instead of the plastic?

0AA06C28-E113-4A3F-A97C-5B60568F844C

Pookamoondo
                            Participant
                              @pookamoondo

Yes, I see the Pink thing instead of the plastic as well, any ideas what is causing this?

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I haven’t tried the table but select the pink item in editor then in options on right uncheck the visible options. That’s easy way to fix it

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

LynnInDenver
                                Participant
                                  @lynnindenver

The “pink” thing renders correctly (not pink) in 10.6 Beta.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                  Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                  Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

bjschneider93
                                  Participant
                                    @bjschneider93

Thanks

rascal
                                    Participant
                                      @rascal
                                      MemberContributor

Any idea why I am seeing this pink thing instead of the plastic?

0AA06C28-E113-4A3F-A97C-5B60568F844C

Well these were converted using the VP10.6 beta, and if you change to that beta, it fixes that issue. It seems to be an issue with stacked semi transparent items.

Get the beta here.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=41180&p=416732

EDIT: Opps, see this was answered already, but the link is above here to make it easy to find.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?