Gottlieb/Premier Wipeout WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    jbg4208
    Participant
      @jbg4208

Looks fantastic!!

Mark70
      Participant
        @mark70

wow this looks so real, great stuff!

Scotty VH
          @scottt
          ModeratorMember

Dang!  That is a gorgeous model, Dark!  Please don’t leave us!!!

Dark
            @dark
            vipMemberContributor

The table was sent to Kiwi to try to address some issues with the layout.  I found that some table elements are not properly positioned/sized or aligned on the table.  When I went to set up for making a base mesh for the left skii hills I found that I didn’t have enough room between the left cabinet wall and the skii lift device.  An easy solution would of just been to cheat and move the cabinet wall to the left a bit, which I suppose we may hold as a trump card but I’m sure Kiwi can get it sorted out.

So I have this project on hold for now,  I have the right skii hill pretty much done and ready to go,  I made the rubbers a separate mesh from the rest of the skii hill so they could have extra elasticity added to the prim physics.

3dcreation

TNT2
            Participant
              @tnt2

Fantastic.

As I have said before I am a big fan of ’90s Gottleb/Premier tables. Very fun.

Dark
                @dark
                vipMemberContributor

Fantastic. As I have said before I am a big fan of ’90s Gottleb/Premier tables. Very fun.

They definitely have their own unique style,  I didn’t really know much about this table prior to working on it but I can tell it’s a lot of fun already.  :good:

3dcreation

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Really looking forward to this build! This is what makes vp so cool is tables I would never see out in the wild!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

edizzle
                  Participant
                    @edizzle

The table was sent to Kiwi to try to address some issues with the layout. I found that some table elements are not properly positioned/sized or aligned on the table. When I went to set up for making a base mesh for the left skii hills I found that I didn’t have enough room between the left cabinet wall and the skii lift device. An easy solution would of just been to cheat and move the cabinet wall to the left a bit, which I suppose we may hold as a trump card but I’m sure Kiwi can get it sorted out. So I have this project on hold for now, I have the right skii hill pretty much done and ready to go, I made the rubbers a separate mesh from the rest of the skii hill so they could have extra elasticity added to the prim physics.

Hey Dark!  Thanks for working on those models!  I didn’t intend for you to add more to your already full plate, but I appreciate it…they look great!  akiles did ask me to disable the ramps, walls, bumpers, etc. that were used to simulate the slalom hill so that the collidable primitive could be tested.  I need to get that back to him.  I like your idea of keeping the rubbers a separate mesh so the elasticity could be configured separately (Dark, always so attentive to details).  I hope there aren’t too many versions floating around being worked on…as you mentioned Kiwi was working on addressing the layout issues on a version.  Which, I will be the first to admit, I did not do a great job on the layout…I never really used desktop mode before and everything appeared well enough in full screen…but once I did change to desktop mode, I realized stuff didn’t fit inside the cabinet!

I’ll try to help where I can with the table, but it seems there’s a lot of good folks fixing my mistakes so I’ll keep lurking in the shadows.

Dark
                      @dark
                      vipMemberContributor

Yeah I’m just waiting to hear back so if you want to work with those guys to consolidate something to get back to me that would be great.  You can always feel free to deal with me personally too pal.  :)

3dcreation

TNT2
                      Participant
                        @tnt2

Any update on this? I know there are lots of different projects going on.

Dark
                          @dark
                          vipMemberContributor

I was told Kiwi is rebuilding it from scratch.

3dcreation

TNT2
                          Participant
                            @tnt2

Interesting. He had been working on Baywatch a while ago. I wonder if that is on hold.

Dark
                              @dark
                              vipMemberContributor

Interesting. He had been working on Baywatch a while ago. I wonder if that is on hold.

I made the life guard house thing for him back in VP9 for Baywatch.  It was Loaded Weapon who ended up just doing a night mod of the table with my model, so I don’t know what happened there either.

If it starts to stretch on for too long I’ll just make the ski hill thing I made available as a download.

3dcreation

edizzle
                              Participant
                                @edizzle

I was told Kiwi is rebuilding it from scratch.

Dark is correct.  Kiwi is in the process of rebuilding the table, and you know he’s going to do an outstanding job!  Dark, I appreciate your offers to help, as always.  At this point, if anything is needed, Kiwi may be the point of contact.

diemonik
                                Participant
                                  @diemonik

Looks amazing!!!!

roar
                                  Participant
                                    @roar

Any chance this WIP is still alive?

ChuckH
                                    Participant
                                      @chuckh1969

Wow, the wipeout draw up looked fantastic.  Is the game still in progress or has it stalled?

nonozor
                                      Participant
                                        @nonozor

@edizzle : your download link seems  not working anymore, can you resend the table please, because I’m very interested about this one. Thank you !

edizzle
                                        Participant
                                          @edizzle

@edizzle : your download link seems not working anymore, can you resend the table please, because I’m very interested about this one. Thank you !

Hey Nonozor.  I’d have to dig around and find my WIP, but fear not.  I few days after you posted this, I got a message from Kiwi and he sent me his WIP.  I had a chance to give it a few rounds and it looks and plays fantastic.  I’ll try a few more runs to see if I run into any bugs or can provide any feedback, but I imagine a release will be in the very near future!  Though I can’t speak for Kiwi, so please don’t rush him…but I feel it is very close to being ready.

Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

:yahoo:

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 62 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?