GOTW 11/12-18 – Torch (featuring CHIMES!)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Scotty VH
      @scottt
      ModeratorMember

The game of the week for 11-12 to 11-18-2017 =was chosen by bord.  bord loves chimes, and has selected a chime-rich option for this week’s GOTW, which is Torch (Gottlieb 1980)

If you are new to the Game of the Week at Vpinball.com, please join the fun!  You may find the following links helpful:

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

So first thing I found that wasn’t right is the target in the upper right is sticking through the plastic.  Select sw12 and set the Z to -12.  :) and I need to play more before posting scores  :scratch:

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

The wife says game on. Her score currently is 168500 and she said you all suck.

She is not a nice person at all I’m sorry

oh I notice all plastic edges are pinkish too

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
            @rothbauerw
            ModeratorContributorMembervip

Bring it Kristen!

Love this pick for a table! Nice work @borgdog!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

The wife says game on. Her score currently is 168500 and she said you all suck. She is not a nice person at all I’m sorry oh I notice all plastic edges are pinkish too

yeah, I don’t see pink.  looks like I screwed up some materials at some point, will get an update at some point after ya’ll find all the issues.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

ROFL. Since I have laptop with fairly low resolution I had to scroll before seeing your wife. Game on :)

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

I was going to wait a while for a table update, but found a major bug in my script.  The two bottom rollovers for Right Roto Value and Left Roto Value would only light “2” instead of what was on the target.  I fixed that and the plastics materials and the target sticking through the plastic. So download version 0.96 for the updates.  http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/torch-gottlieb-1980/

Also to be fair we should all make sure to use the torch.nv file I included in the download as it sets a couple important things, it sets the replay values to what is shown on the replay card, and sets replays to be extra balls, and it sets it to 5 ball. (default nvram has none of those). copy to your visual pinball\vpinmame\nvram folder, replace the one in there.  I did have that file in all the downloads.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  arconovum
                  Participant
                    @nicholaschristopher
                    MemberContributor

Ah dang… all scores are disqualified.. boo hoo hoo…

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Ok my score. I did manage a free ball!

for IOS and Android

arconovum
                      Participant
                        @nicholaschristopher
                        MemberContributor

Randr… now she is looking at you taking the photo right? hmmmm guess it’s one of those married couple days!

rothbauerw
                          @rothbauerw
                          ModeratorContributorMembervip

I have 10 games left.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

BorgDog
                          Participant
                            @borgdog
                            MemberContributorvip

not counting, but complete games definitely not over the limit. testing a couple updates on the laptop had a really good first ball so completed the game

504,340 hopefully not disqualified if you’re the one that made the table.  :scratch:

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

CRAP! Well i got some games left yet and the wife has like 40 games left to play

********************************************************
                              for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                              Participant
                                @jesperpark

not counting, but complete games definitely not over the limit. testing a couple updates on the laptop had a really good first ball so completed the game 504,340 hopefully not disqualified if you’re the one that made the table. :scratch:

Not disqualified, just you know the rules, unlike the rest of us just smacking the ball around :yes:   Oh is that just me?

Scotty VH
                                  @scottt
                                  ModeratorMember

I’ve played about 25 games, and my high so far is 244,260.  Not quite there yet, but I’m learning some techniques.

I’m feeling pretty confident that I’ll beat borgdog’s score, so I’ll start working on my “Interview with the Champion” video series that I know you all have been eagerly awaiting.  I may do some live webcasts as well, so you can ask your questions (things like “when did you realize you were great at pinball?”, etc.)

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Proof that the wife is playing. She knows to go for drop targets at least.

I get home from work and first thing she asks is if we are going to play torch. LOL

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Tell her to nudge upwards if it goes down the out lanes. Saved more than a few that way.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Yes we have saved many that way to. Really is a fun game. I like the games where you cannot cradle the ball as normal or it drains really makes you think

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Absolutely. Must admit, those chimes really makes a difference. :good:

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Big difference with real chimes i agree. I’m upstairs and i swear she is playing a real machine downstairs. i guess she kinda is really

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 55 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?