GOTW August 12-18 – Safe Cracker (Bally 1996)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Scotty VH
      @scottt
      ModeratorMember

The game of the week for August 12-16 is Safe Cracker (Bally 1996).  It was selected by NetrangerPA.

NOTE:  To keep the “playfield even” for people with different amounts of time to play, there is a 50 game per week limit.

Please post your scores this week by replying to this post.

freelunch
      Participant
        @freelunch

This is my first time with this table and I love the theme, but it’s kicking my butt. I haven’t passed a default high score yet. I think I need to read up on the rules because me just winging it isn’t working out so far lol.

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

I was just playing this last night and didn’t realize it was the GOTW. Ridiculously well-done game, both the actual game and the VPX version.

Scotty VH
            @scottt
            ModeratorMember

Wow, there’s a lot going on in this game!  I have no idea how to play the stuff on the backglass, but really enjoyed it so far anyhow.  My high score is 277,450 dollars.

Scotty VH
              @scottt
              ModeratorMember

After about 10 more games I started to figure some things out.  New high 2 million 230 thousand dollars!

Scotty VH
                @scottt
                ModeratorMember

Very cool game!  New high 3.5 million

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Dang it – that I believe is higher than what I got.

doogie
                  Participant
                    @doogie

My next highest score is only 1.2M

sc

freelunch
                    Participant
                      @freelunch

I had a guide open in a browser tab, but I was having fun just figuring out how the table works on my own, so I hadn’t looked at it until I started the game with a special “Assault on the Bank” multiball mode. I got 2.9M in that mode, but I looked it up and you only get that mode when you insert a special token, which I earned in the previous game, so I guess the Visual Pinball version automatically has you feed the token in the next game? My regular game high score is 1.1M atm, but I still have 32 games to burn today if I feel like it.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Yes. They made the vpx version so that if you earn a token it will be used the next time you play. The very first round I played it after release i believe I got 4 in one round. It is a really fun table for sure. Different and very well made.

Scotty VH
                          @scottt
                          ModeratorMember

I got three of those tokens in one game!  Then, the next game was the special “Assault on the Bank” multiball mode.  I had no idea what was going on and what caused that… good to know.  Also….

Hey, what about my other two special tokens?  I earned those things, dammit!  I want two more Assaults on the Bank!

Doogie, you took this one.  What will we play next week?

doogie
                          Participant
                            @doogie

Let’s try Dr. Dude

freelunch
                            Participant
                              @freelunch

On Dr. Due, everyone should turn on Adjustment 32, Contest Game. This resets the Dude-o-Meter to every new game (first multiball is Marjor Dude, second multiball is Super Dude)

bord
                                @bord
                                MembervipContributorModerator

On Dr. Due, everyone should turn on Adjustment 32, Contest Game. This resets the Dude-o-Meter to every new game (first multiball is Marjor Dude, second multiball is Super Dude)

I think this is a great suggestion, even for friendly competition.

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Yes. I’ve been wondering when someone suggested what settings a game should have. I’m quite irritated over pins that have jackpot that builds between rounds.

Scotty VH
                                    @scottt
                                    ModeratorMember

Cool choice, and great suggestions.  How can we word the changing settings so jackpots don’t carry over? \

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Can’t be done on all tables. But, it seems Freelunch knows how for at least Dr. Dude.

On other games it would be a good idea to at least post what setting one has played or should play with ( F6 ). I just recently played Victory again with new rules at it improved the game-play for me at least a lot.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?