GOTW September 2-8 – Flight 2000 by Bord

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Scotty VH
      @scottt
      ModeratorMember

The game of the week for September 2-8 is Flight 2000 by Bord.  It was selected by some cat named Freelunch, who won last week’s GOTW.  Please observe the following rules for this weeks game:

To prevent stealing locks between games, which you should do for fair play, here’s a trick. On Line 219 of the script, add
      If keycode = RightMagnaSave Then SolBallLock (1)
      or replace RightMagnaSave with a whatever key you want. After a game over, press the key a couple times until you flush all the locked balls. Only do this between games unless you want some silly stuff to happen while playing (obviously don’t do this in the middle of a game when competing for the GOTW challenge).

Oh right, you can’t avoid lock stealing in multiplayer , so just single player for this GOTW.

NOTE:  To keep the “playfield even” for people with different amounts of time to play, there is a 50 game per week limit.

Please post your scores this week by replying to this post.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

And … you should have mentioned the flipper drain hack as a rule for this week.

To prevent stealing locks between games, which you should do for fair play, here’s a trick. On Line 219 of the script, add
        or replace RightMagnaSave with a whatever key you want. After a game over, press the key a couple times until you flush all the locked balls. Only do this between games unless you want some silly stuff to happen while playing (obviously don’t do this in the middle of a game when competing for the GOTW challenge).

Oh right, you can’t avoid lock stealing in multiplayer unfortch, so just single player for this GOTW.

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

I don’t know. Does finishing a game with balls in the lock really skew the results of the next game? You still have to qualify both of your lock shots on the next game, so you aren’t getting anything for free, just a different location for the new ball after a lock (shooter vs. kicker).

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Well. We are dead serious about these competitions – so, we really cant afford the chance that there is any difference :whistle:

Nah. of course not. It might actually be a good point Bord. I guess we have to see. I just haven’t thought about it before Freelunch mentioned it and I found his solution to be a fun fix for the problem. Maybe not necessary on this table. I’ve seen very creative ways of stretching the rules on vpf so I fell for the idea of making sure each game is exactly the same at start without having to reload the table.

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Not my personal best but the best I’m going to do tonight.

Attachments:
              Scotty VH
                @scottt
                ModeratorMember

I don’t know. Does finishing a game with balls in the lock really skew the results of the next game? You still have to qualify both of your lock shots on the next game, so you aren’t getting anything for free, just a different location for the new ball after a lock (shooter vs. kicker).

And … you should have mentioned the flipper drain hack as a rule for this week.

Oh right, you can’t avoid lock stealing in multiplayer unfortch, so just single player for this GOTW.

Good catch, Thalamus.  I updated the first post with this.

freelunch
                Participant
                  @freelunch

Oh the game tracks player locks in multiplayer? I didn’t know, forever alone and all that. I never caught it checks between games in single player either because I’ve only gotten multiball once. It’s actually probably a buff to manually plunge shots then. In any case, this can be a future example of what to do if lock stealing is possible on a future GOTW table.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

21 games in and I barely passed 600K. Not giving up. I noticed however that on that game. Since I’ve set the credit scores to the same as the score card I did get a extra ball instead of the credit I expected. I guess I’ll have to find the manual and see what switch(es) I need to change. Great game – even if it wasn’t very kind to me today.

freelunch
                    Participant
                      @freelunch

Before GOTW I think my PB is a little over 700k, and that’s on the only time I got multiball. It’s not an easy table unless you’re playing it on TPA. Not sure how the dip switches work with the Special Award since in the script there are two switches for four settings, which I guess you use four combinations of the two switches to get the different settings? @bord do you know? If not I can test it.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

I’m already in bed so I can’t test this right now. But, it looks like switch 6 should be set to on to get credits instead of x-ball. Will test tomorrow :)

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Lost exact count but it should be around 30. Today I played much better and I can confirm the sw6 to be set to get credits instead of x-balls. 800 something small was todays best. Enable background sound with 14. I don’t know. I kind of like it enabled :)

freelunch
                          Participant
                            @freelunch

I kinda like the background sound, too, but I’m not used to it yet. Before I was born again as a VP snob, I played the TPA version a lot, and they didn’t have the background sound on.

freelunch
                            Participant
                              @freelunch

I’m surprised I got a score this high without multiball, although I was keeping the ball alive for awhile hitting the right spinner and hoping eventually the ball would feel like falling into the center-most inlanes.

Attachments:
                              Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Played it again yesterday. I’m at game 44 I believe. Still haven’t been able to round the 1M mark. Was close though 941 and change. If I get to the point that I’m only a shot away from starting the mb you can be sure it is on ball 3 and that the ball comes down the spinner from the upper side and straight out. Having fun though.

arconovum
                                Participant
                                  @nicholaschristopher
                                  MemberContributor

got my lowest score yet.. 27,500 yeah…

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Ah. At least I win something this week. I know I’m much lower. I had one game. 3 balls where all was only plunge and drain without hitting anything except the upper switches. I could not believe it. Didn’t bother to record the score though :)

NetrangerPA
                                    Participant
                                      @netrangerpa

Newer high score for me

Attachments:
                                      arconovum
                                      Participant
                                        @nicholaschristopher
                                        MemberContributor

this is the best for me to date no 1.8 mil.. but hey.. still 20 more games to play..

Scotty VH
                                          @scottt
                                          ModeratorMember

OK NetrangerPA… it looks like you took this week’s challenge with 1.8 million.  So it’s your choice… what should we play this week?

NetrangerPA
                                          Participant
                                            @netrangerpa

My Next choice for the game of the week challenge is

FUNHOUSE 1990

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?