Grand Lizard Toy 3D by Dark

• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Dark.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Dark
      @dark
      vipMemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=174025

Grand Lizard toy 3D by Dark

This model is meant to be used freely however you like however it is NOT to be re-distributed or used in any COMMERCIAL PRODUCT!

Also if you use my work I must be credited for it as well as in any subsequent mods.

Wrd sent me a high resolution 3D scan of the Grand Lizard Toy.  It’s poly count is in the millions and it also had one area with distortion below the right eye which I cleaned up and redrew the detail for.  I textured the cleaned high poly scan with HD photos provided by wrd.

The scan for some reason also created some ‘rats nests’ inside the mesh which I removed.  I used normal map projection to capture the detail of the high res scan and project them onto a low poly optimized model.

This toy is fairly large on the table so it’s probably not a bad idea to just keep the texture maps at 2048×2048.  I rendered the normal map at 4096×4096 originally and down sized it.

3dcreation

11 users thanked author for this post.
      Dark
        @dark
        vipMemberContributor

3dcreation

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Looks phenomenal.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

WOW that was one model way over due thanks dark!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Very nice Dark – thanks a bunch for making it !

robertms
              Participant
                @mophead

Thank you @dark, this is friggin spectacular!

Is @3rdaxis already aware or do we need to ring his bell? Can’t wait for an update, love this game!

Slydog43
                Participant
                  @slydog43

OMG, 3rdaxis is going to shit in his pants.   Thanks as I know it will lead to better things!!!!  Thanks

3rdaxis
                  Participant
                    @3rdaxis
                    MemberContributor

Yea, that looks fantastic. Guess another update is on the way;)

5 users thanked author for this post.
                    Ben Logan2
                    Participant
                      @benlogan2

Grand Lizard was already one of my top played VPX tables. Looks like the family is due for another round of being tortured by the electro-jungle soundtrack, thanks to Dark, Wrd and 3rdaxis. Can’t wait!

:D

STAT
                      Participant
                        @stefanaustria
                        MemberContributor

Hell Man, wow, dark you “Toy Boy” ;-) Thank you, and thanks also to wrd ! :good:

Thanks i.a. 3rdaxis :-)

stampedem
                        Participant
                          @stampedem

How is the community supposed to use these?  Do we reimport them to replace existing models, just as we might reimport images?  I ask because new toy models are uploaded from time to time (like the just released set from the Shadow).  But what are we supposed to do with them?  I’ve come to understand how to replace images with new images.  is there a similar process for models that people do to update their tables with new/better resources?

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

In this case. I don’t think you’ll have to. Grand Lizard table by 3rdaxis is going to get an update. If you have the knowledge, then you can import it into tables yourself. But, well, there are a few more steps, so if all that you know is how to replace a image, well, then this is not for you.

Mark70
                            Participant
                              @mark70

That looks ******* awesome!

Dark
                                @dark
                                vipMemberContributor

How is the community supposed to use these? Do we reimport them to replace existing models, just as we might reimport images? I ask because new toy models are uploaded from time to time (like the just released set from the Shadow). But what are we supposed to do with them? I’ve come to understand how to replace images with new images. is there a similar process for models that people do to update their tables with new/better resources?

In most cases the models will be utilized by table authors,  I’m usually coordinating with them and a release here is usually an indicator that a table update will be coming out some time in the not too distant future.  I prefer that the models be available on their own like this so that they aren’t necessarily attached to any one table and can be utilized by anyone for any non commercial project.

I do provide installation instruction in the installation tab for each of these uploads.  If you want to get the model onto your table the easiest way is to open your table, then while you have vpx open , open the VP table template that I provide with the download, switch from one table to the other using the window’s tab from the top menu, select all model parts, copy (Ctrl+C), swap windows to destination table and paste (ctrl+V).  Then you need to import the appropriate texture maps and materials from the template table or the files provided – done.

3dcreation

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?