Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

Thanks for this release, love these classic EM’s and this one looks absolutely stellar!

I had promised myself a break from downloading tables just so I can play the recent biggies but can’t ignore this one, thanks!

Scottacus
    Participant
    @scottacus
    MembervipContributor

Recent biggies?  Wouldn’t that include a table that was used in filming the greatest pinball based movie of all times?  I’ve read that there was a Bally Grand Tour used in one of the scenes from Tommy so now you nave a piece of history right there in your game room ;-)

yrplace18
    Participant
    @yrplace18

I am not getting any bells , and all the sounds sound a bit “odd” in my cabinet. Could this be the surround encoding ?

robobet
    Participant
    @robobet

Beautiful and welldone !

love it, instant classic for me

Scottacus
    Participant
    @scottacus
    MembervipContributor

@yrplace18 probably not.  Start up the table and hold the left flipper button for a few seconds to bring up the options menu.  Here you can select the style of under cab sound system, also be sure to turn off DOF chimes if you don’t have a chime unit in your cab.

bha19
    Participant
    @bha19

I get error line 2059 playsound when the ball goes through the upper lanes. The middle lane sometimes does not give the error.

Scottacus
    Participant
    @scottacus
    MembervipContributor

@bha19 that is strange since it is a rolling ball sound error and should not be tied into any particular hit events.  Which playfield sound option do you have selected in the options menu (speakers top/bottom, speakers left/right or surround sound) and what exactly does the error say?  Lastly which version of Visual Pinball are you running?

bha19
    Participant
    @bha19

I think I figured it out. I was using 10.7 and when I went back to 10.6 it seems to be working. When I hold the left flipper the only menu I get is for free play/ coin and balls 3/5, so I do not see any sound menu. I did find another error if you exceed 1000 points needing B2S server.

bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

I can’t speak for Scott but at this stage in the beta I wouldn’t be interested in supporting 10.7. Lots of problems yet. Doesn’t seem anywhere near as reliable as 10.6 was during beta.

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Agree with @bord on this. Don’t use 10.7 for regular game play. But, of course, it is appreciated that you do play with it and report bugs. But, those should not really be posted into the table support threads, but, instead into the 10.7 beta thread. This actually goes for any beta, as long as the author himself has stated that eg. 10.7 is a requirement. No table that I know of yet has this requirement and for a good reason.

bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

So far no 10.7 features are must-haves, IMO. When 10.6 beta dropped they introduced mesh playfields and it was a total game changer for VP. I adopted it immediately for building tables. In that specific case it was totally worth working around the issues.

edit: sorry Scott, this is a bit of a hijack. Back to the subject:

Scott, you recommended playing for the right outlane gate and the 10 bumpers. All through development I’ve been playing for playfield 50s, especially the upper left lane. Can’t say it has been particularly successful for me.

Scottacus
    Participant
    @scottacus
    MembervipContributor

That’s why I asked about which version of VPX you were running.  Sorry to hear that is broken in 10.7.  Does anyone know if rolling ball sounds are native to 10.7?

@bha19
    nice job getting to more than 1000 points!  I’ll upload a new version but if you change line 1201 to this it will fix your error in passing 1000 points, you must be playing in DT mode.

If B2SOn and score(1) > 999 Then controller.B2SSetData 25, 1

@bord
    I suck at getting back up the Tour Gate (real and VP) so I don’t try for that and instead concentrate on getting 10’s from the mid field and getting that right outlane open.  Having said that yesterday I was an ace at getting up the tour gate, go figure…  Nudging is critical in this game.

bha19
    Participant
    @bha19

Playing desktop mode.

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

@robobet : I agree with you. After what must be 50 games or so, this is a top table that will be ranked in the frontend to be of those tables to show off when I have people over. Love everything about it. Even the really high score set by the author. Will give me something to aim for. Going to be tough to beat with only 3 balls. ;-) Still haven’t passed a 1000. Only been close, many times. One thing I did change, I feel the reel sample is a bit on the low side, easily fixed of course via sound manager, except for that change, everything sounds great too !!

Thanks again @scottacus ! :rose: :heart:

JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

This is gorgeous.

Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

Looks awesome! Can’t wait to try it out!

Crakkers
    Participant
    @crakkers

Loving this table – can’t stop playing it!

I imagine it would have been a bit of a goldmine for an operator back in the day. There’s no way you’d be able to resist chucking a bunch of coins in if you came across it with only 1 or 2 cities left to get before hearing those three lovely cracks.

I’ve managed a couple of 1100+ games so far, but I think that high score might be beyond me.,……..for now!

Rajo Joey
    Participant
    @joey2001

Here are my wheels for this beautiful table.
    If you want more wheels made by me (more than 1.000), take a look here:
    https://mega.nz/#F!IFsxBbCD!04cfuNEJi5hwuYxL6CvQIg
    Or download them directly from the PinUp Popper mediadatabase.

Grand Tour (Bally 1964) LogoGrand Tour (Bally 1964)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Scottacus
    Participant
    @scottacus
    MembervipContributor

It’s great to hear that you guys are enjoying the table!  @Bord has shown the way to get these tables to play really well via his subdivision of rubber bands (especially posts which have much less bounce to them) and nFozzy’s dampening scripting makes this even better.  Accurate ball bounce off of rubbers is the secret sauce to making VP tables play very well.

The other trick is to make the rubbers on the top posts the correct size.  I was wondering why on real EM’s the ball has this really cool floating around the upper in-lanes that most VP tables don’t have.  I took a micrometer and measured the size of the rubbers on these rings, Bord and I figured out that we’ve been undersizing them all along.  What this did was make the percentage of rubber vs open space increase so the ball has a very high chance of hitting rubber up there which makes this effect work.

I don’t even think Tommy could get 1500 on three balls!  I was able to get a little over 1500 on 5 balls once upon a time but that was one of those magical games where everything went right.  If you want to change the high scores just edit the “Grand Tour (Bally 1964).txt file in the Users Folder or maybe just one more game… B-)

yrplace18
    Participant
    @yrplace18

loaded the update yesterday and tried the various sound options  but still not getting realistic sounds. No bells and the bumpers make clicks that don’t sound like a EM pin does. Ball roll sounds ok

Any idea why this one game’s sounds are not working on my VPN ?

Thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW