Grand Tour (Bally 1964

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    rothbauerw
      @rothbauerw
      ModeratorContributorMembervip

@Scottacus Awesome work!  Nailed every aspect of this table.  Absolutely love it.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

sheltemke
      Participant
        @sheltemke

Total perfection. An Art. Thank you so much!

VALIS
        Participant
          @valis

:yahoo: Thanks for this! Every new EM in VPX is a day to celebrate, especially when they come out this well. I have 24 real pins myself but zero EMs because the maintenance/knowledge can be a beast.

robertms
          Participant
            @mophead

Wow @scottacus, incredible work, looks so real on my cab. Great game choice, authentic sound effects add to the realism, the ball bounces off rubbers lively but predictable, even the plunger is dialed in well. Thanks for helping preserve yet another piece of pinball history :good:

JR
            Participant
              @jfr1

The Star-Jet gang visit Europe!!  And they brought their cameras.  and a poodle.  Dang Scott, was this the table you almost didn’t scan?  ..or was that the Pirate table?  This is outstanding.  I don’t think I was familiar with the designer Ted Zale until I started spending time on this site and found 4milBC, Mariner, Magic Circle, Capersville!  And it looks like there are many more of his tables yet to be resourced.

The sound on this is exquisite.  Think you’ve motivated me to finally add two more speakers to the back of the cab.  Thanks so much for bringing GT to virtual life!!

Scottacus
              Participant
                @scottacus
                MembervipContributor

The Star-Jet gang visit Europe!!

You’re right, great observation!

It was Pirate Gold that almost didn’t make the cut.  That one is done and will be into testing soon so it shouldn’t be too long before release.

Jopp
                Participant
                  @joppnl

Great game, played it a lot tonight passing the 1000 points (ok…5 balls :whistle: )

Neverr  heard of those “butterfly switches” and I think they weren’t that great succes…didn’t see them anymore…

For me I made 1 small adjustment to the table: for my taste the slingshots (but also muschrooms and other things that has a hit_event) are very very sensitive….

When the ball just thinks it’s gonna hit one of these items it is already being registered. Especially the slings make it (for me) that the ball is not controllable (other hit_things are not that important for ball control).

So…I changed the physics parameters of the both slings (le and ri) from 2 to 4 (last of the 3 values) and that works better for me.

Anyway: great fun table, thanks! :good:

My favorite pinball machine?
                  Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

Interesting stuff @joppnl !  Always love learning new techniques to tweak with.  You made it past 1,000?  I’m stuck at 566 with 5.  I need to nudge this more.  Really a fun table for me, wish I had bought the real one off of you @scottacus .  I’m keeping eyes out for a Zale.   Looking forward to Pirate and…Farm Time?

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

I’ve got a few changes to make to the table because some sounds are missing so I was reading through the posts here and notice Bord mention my Grand Tour restoration.  On the odd chance that anyone has interest in this the post is here https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/grand-tour-bally-1964-restoration/

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      JR
                      Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

@scottacus, This table looks amazing, i finally found this by chance, i dont know why i didnt see it before, the table is absolutely beautiful , sounds and plays great too

JR
                        Participant
                          @jfr1

I have a few days off for the first time in many months and…am almost out of beer already tonight!  I keep staring at these flippers.      good thing I bought my house because of the drive-thru beverage just down the street :)  Going to spend some extended time with this and a few other new tables tonight.  That 1,500 is going down SEM!

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

…Grand Tour of terror…night 2…  exhausted ..and I think I may have zonked out for a minute.  My cat boinked my head just now reminding me I had yet to break 1,500.  Or maybe to feed him.  Yet for a brief period, I hear no more.  How terrible an exaggeration!  Immovable resolution, stern contempt!  Fate.

Nothing like a little Poe to brighten the moment!     this table is evil

jdsabin1
                            Participant
                              @jdsabin1

loaded the update yesterday and tried the various sound options but still not getting realistic sounds. No bells and the bumpers make clicks that don’t sound like a EM pin does. Ball roll sounds ok

Any idea why this one game’s sounds are not working on my VPN ?

Thanks

I absolutely love this table – just gorgeous. I am also having the exact same problems with sound. I have a 7.1 setup in my cab with exciters, etc running 10.6. No problems with other tables. Any ideas most welcome. This table is awesome. Thanks!

Scottacus
                              Participant
                                @scottacus
                                MembervipContributor

@dsabin1, which sound option are you choosing in the options menu (hold left flipper while table in stand-by)?

jdsabin1
                                Participant
                                  @jdsabin1

I have tried all three actually, including turning the DOF chime off and on, all to no avail. In sound manager I can hear the samples of all the sounds (including the bells and chimes) and I am getting the ball rolling sounds, bumper sounds while playing but just no chimes or bells during actual gameplay. I am not sure what else to try. I tested several other tables tonight to make sure it wasn’t my windows config, etc and they all play fine. Thanks for your help.

Scottacus
                                  Participant
                                    @scottacus
                                    MembervipContributor

Changing the DOF chime setting is a great first place to start.  The table has these turned off my default and if they were enabled they would cause no sound to be played for chimes/bells.  This would have no impact on the bumpers however.

Have you tried either The Wiggler or Pirate Gold?  Both of these have  just been released and have the same sound routines in them.

Another thought is to export a bell sound file from another table and import it into GT in place of the existing bell or chime sound file (I forget which is in GT) and see if that makes a difference.  If you try this make sure to set the position to backbox.

sheltemke
                                    Participant
                                      @sheltemke

Thank you so much for the update!

Ben Logan2
                                      Participant
                                        @benlogan2

Beautiful work. Thanks, Scottacus!

JR
                                        Participant
                                          @jfr1

Update?!?  Thanks!!  …you made it easier right? ;)

STAT
                                          Participant
                                            @stefanaustria
                                            MemberContributor

Thanks for the Up – just noticed, you have 2 same Filenames … but i know, it is the lower File ;-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 73 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?