Grand Tour (Bally 1964

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    xphilou29
    Participant
      @xphilou29

very nice looking table and very enjoyable to play! thanks a lot

Schreibi34
      Participant
        @schreibi34

Thanks for the update!

JediWizard
        Participant
          @jediwizard

Thanks  for the EM goodness

Health is Wealth:Knowledge is Power

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks for the update. Still chasing that 1,000pt game.

yrplace18
            Participant
              @yrplace18

@dsabin1, which sound option are you choosing in the options menu (hold left flipper while table in stand-by)?

I have tried all the sound options and can’t get the chime to work either……anyone found a solution ?

Scottacus
              Participant
                @scottacus
                MembervipContributor

Is chime the only sound that is not working on the table?  Can you open the table in the editor, go to sound manager and play the chime/bell sound successfully?  Does my either Pirate Gold or Wiggler tables cause this problem (same code)?  Can you export a bell/chime sound from another table, import it into GT, rename it in place of the existing bell/chime sound and get it to play.

This is how I would troubleshoot this but I can’t because it works great on my cab.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Works great here too. And I love and hate the high score of 1,500 – I won’t be able to beat that ever ;) Still not reached 1.000. Played it 30ish times over the weekend and I absolutely love the frustration and the need for just another game feeling that I get. :rose:

yrplace18
                  Participant
                    @yrplace18

OK. The other two games work fine, chimes and all. And the chime sounds in the sound manager for Grand Tour , but not in the game. Tried DOF on as well as off…..and have reinstalled the game twice…… very strange

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

You are not able to hear the chimes when testing via sound manager you say ? Maybe those samples are not 8/16bit ? I’ve seen it before, that some users will have issues if the samples have a higher quality than what their sound card is configured to handle. You could try to export those chimes, then use Audacity to convert them into the same sample rate as the other tables and re-import. Guessing now.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Scottacus
                      Participant
                        @scottacus
                        MembervipContributor

Ooh nice job Thalamus! :good: :good: :good:

I recorded those chime sounds by removing the bell from the game, mounting it on a wooden block, putting it under a bucket (because my condenser mic was picking up too much background noise) and then hitting it with a screwdriver to get just the right sound.  I recorded it with audacity and maybe the sound bit size is wrong.

yrplace18
                        Participant
                          @yrplace18

You misunderstood me. The chimes play ok in sound manager but not in the game

Scottacus
                          Participant
                            @scottacus
                            MembervipContributor

Try this, export the PG bell/chime sound file in sound manager, import the file into GT, rename the PG import to the name used by GT for bell/chime and delete the GT original file and see if that fixes your problem.  If so then Thalamus is right, it is the GT sound file for bell/chime that is the problem.

If you don’t know how to do this in VP PM me and I’ll make a custom table version of GT for you with this in it so that you can test it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            studlygoorite
                            Participant
                              @studlygoorite

Great looking and playing table, thanks for sharing.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?