Great Addition to my VP table – elgato stream deck

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    portyman
    Participant
      @portyman

I bought this several months ago and love it for my VP setup. It lets me assign some hot keys and do tasks without a keyboard. I added some icons and made it really custom. Amazon has it on sale for $99.

I have no affiliation with the product or amazon and this is not a marketing scheme. It filled a need very nicely and looks good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XKNZT1P/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=766cc3fc243311eabda4f23d550c29410INT&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

portyman
      Participant
        @portyman

0B4583CF-DF0D-42EC-B327-C17DBB5B1C2C

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

That does look handy.  I was recently thinking of adding some buttons to the cab (volume mainly) but was going to hide them.  This would save time and maybe mount inside coin door?  What do you have mapped to it?  Thanks for sharing.  More gear!!

portyman
          Participant
            @portyman

I have coin door open, volume up/down

computer vol up/down, pinuppopper launch, reset pin, nudge, shutdown , mute. I’ll take a pic later

1 user thanked author for this post.
            JR
            BrandonLaw
            Participant
              @brandonlaw

For volume I added this to the underside of my cab (VHB tape.)  It’s unseen, clean, and with it on the corner of the bottom (by the leg) I just reach down and give it a flick.  Super easy and very low profile.  Drilled a small hole to run it through the cab and it’s real fresh.  This model is nice because if you get a call or need to MUTE everything real quick..just tap it as the knob is a button.  Plug and play.

61LhYnAbeaL._AC_SL1500_ Linked

Edited:  The install:

IMG_0869

"Fuck this game. I love it."

portyman
              Participant
                @portyman
                1. Here is it inside my cab
                2. 0615DFAD-AEB4-48CF-AD39-B60C56AE2A428B47284F-4DA5-4FF3-8E39-C19F6BB7F121
                JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Just got one of those USB volume buttons.  Thanks for the heads-up on those @brandonlaw !  Under $20…an amazing contraption that was just what I needed!…  and it has a blue LED which is soothing.   Also have a 6-button Elgato on the way.  Not sure what I’m going to do with that yet – but what the heck – more gear!  Thanks for posting this @portyman

20200105_174040

BrandonLaw
                  Participant
                    @brandonlaw

@JR Lookin good!  I feel I need that elgato now.  I don’t need it.  But…I need it.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

@jfr1: Corona Light ?? That’s not beer for men. My wife often asks me to buy a few ;-) :whistle:

robertms
                      Participant
                        @mophead

@jfr1: Corona Light ?? That’s not beer for men. My wife often asks me to buy a few ;-) :whistle:

Ballbuster ;-)   What’s your pinballin’ beer of choice @thalamus ?

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

Oh. I have many beers that I love. My favorite must me https://www.pilsnerurquell.com/

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

It was a football playoff Sunday here in the States and that Corona was the last beer standing.  Man, haven’t had and Urquell in years.  Will have to see if my beverage store has that.  Remember really liking it.  Stella can be found everywhere here now and that’s my go-to beer if I have a few extra $’s.

BrandonLaw
                            Participant
                              @brandonlaw

It was a football playoff Sunday here in the States and that Corona was the last beer standing. Man, haven’t had and Urquell in years. Will have to see if my beverage store has that. Remember really liking it. Stella can be found everywhere here now and that’s my go-to beer if I have a few extra $’s.

Stella also the go-to ’round here.

robertms
                              Participant
                                @mophead

Oh. I have many beers that I love. My favorite must me https://www.pilsnerurquell.com/

Ah, the original Pilsner.. That’ll grow hair on your chest for sure, lol. I remember visiting Prague in the late 80’s and that was all we drank, on tap in 1-liter beer mugs of course, great memories. I have many favorites too but these days I like Spaten for pinball, however I agree with Jr and Brandon that Stella Artois is always a good substitute :good:

JR
                                Participant
                                  @jfr1

Spaten!  Forgot about that one too.  I also had my first Urquell on draft while visiting Europe in the 90’s.  I had kept a list of my favorite beers while there and it was near the top.  Kronenbourg topped that list but I’ve learned since that 1664 is not highly regarded over there.      …now I’m thirsty.

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

This is funny – – stopped at my local Whole Foods (where I bought that Corona Light for my GF months ago) on way home tonight.  Kinda embarrassing but look where the Urquell is!  Weird.      sorry for side-tracking thread @portyman  …I  do have that 6 button elgato mini on the way so I may have some questions – – got a refurb with no manual.  Guessing they’re plug and play, drag/drop?

Now, off to sample some Urquell.  Got some Kronenbourg as well.

20200106_172216

BrandonLaw
                                    Participant
                                      @brandonlaw

Went into the store to try some of this Urquell… she is ordering it, so I had to improvise…

1A940580-A328-45D7-926F-E26E440DCE78

TerryRed
                                        @terryred
                                        MemberContributorModerator

Let me know if you have issues with the StreamDeck software and Pup-packs/ Popper.

I know one other persons has lots of issues with StreamDeck interfering with Overlays.

JR
                                        Participant
                                          @jfr1

“Went into the store to try some of this Urquell… she is ordering it, so I had to improvise…”

Hey now!  Are those Stella glasses available again?  When they made their big push into the States – 10,12 years ago? – a local establishment was giving them away.  I got two…and broke one not long ago.  Hope I’m not breaking some ancient European beer law – Reinheitsgebot? pouring an Urquell into a Stella glass.
                                          20200107_192437

netdefilr
                                          Participant
                                            @netdefilr

I picked up a stream deck yesterday. It’s quite amazing. I have buttons to change my Peace profiles, global audio change, mute, two buttons that show GPU load with a graph and CPU %. Turn on DOF shaker, contactors, killall which kills pinup popper, vpx, launch pinup popper and vpx. It also has some bookmarks for websites.

While I have control of Global and Table audio, it would be great to have control of the sound effects volume for SSF. I can get around this by changing to another Peace profile. But it would be nice to dial it in.

I would also like to control the subwoofer db in Peace from this. I’m not sure if that’s possible. But to be able to control bass on the subwoofer to dial it in, instead of setting a profile and testing would be great.

Overall, huge win for me. It wasn’t hard to build batch scripts to do stuff. I made a powershell script that unblocks directoutput, visual pinball and pinupsystem directories and mapped that to a button too.

I could see this being the front end for my cabinet one day for all in one controls.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?