Guardians Of The Galaxy

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 549 total)
  • Author
    Friffy1
    Participant
      @friffy1

So I was watching a video of this table and it’s different from what I get. In my 3-screen setup I chose Option 2 for the PuP videos. I get a static backglass, great full-screen DMD, and playfield. But in the video I was watching I see a blue background showing things like credits (coins) and score, etc. Have I done something wrong?

Edit the pup pack and turn screen 5 to Force On

Thanks.  But I’m getting the full DMD screen, actually.  All I’m not seeing, I think, is credits.  I hear the sound, but I see no credit counter.  I think, perhaps, the credit counter is supposed to be in the full DMD but it’s not?

Friffy1
      Participant
        @friffy1

So, first of all, of the >1,100 tables we have, this is the only one my family and I have been playing since yesterday.  It blows my mind how well this was recreated.  I hope neither Stern nor Disney ever know this exists. :-)

One question…  Not sure if it’s a bug or by design…  Having never played the original table, I was surprised to find one can simply change the skillshot to their liking.  I mean, I find it difficult (so far) to hit the left skillshot, but today I found “Okay.  All I need to do is switch the skillshot.”  Usually skillshots require… skill. :-)

Thanks!

– Tom

The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

Skill shots were often like that, I think Steve Richie swore these off a couple of years ago

often times you can get the skill shot by changing lanes but you get a better scoring skill shot by either hitting the correct lane without pressing the flipper button OR a super skill shot by short plunging and then hitting a scoop or target.  Tron is an example of alternate better rewarding skill shot as I just described. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the recreation has one, I think the real GOTG has such a feature Where by holding the left flipper button the ball will orbit towards the left flipper inland; you then can shoot a flashing shot/target for a super skill shot reward

yeah check this out: http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338

bietekwiet
          Participant
            @bietekwiet

I have been playing this table a lot over the last days but still can’t wrap my head around the rules.
            Perhaps some call outs on what to do (instructions) would be really handy…alternatively I need to grow some more brain cells and figure it out.

daphishbowl
            Participant
              @daphishbowl

So, first of all, of the >1,100 tables we have, this is the only one my family and I have been playing since yesterday. It blows my mind how well this was recreated. I hope neither Stern nor Disney ever know this exists. :-)

One question… Not sure if it’s a bug or by design… Having never played the original table, I was surprised to find one can simply change the skillshot to their liking. I mean, I find it difficult (so far) to hit the left skillshot, but today I found “Okay. All I need to do is switch the skillshot.” Usually skillshots require… skill. :-)

Thanks!

– Tom

Glad y’all like it  That is a good point. I need to see if left skillshot is harder than right skillshot on the real table, but there is also a super shikkshot.  Hold left flipper while you plunge and the ball will go all the way around and light a shot.

mazzaneo
              Participant
                @mazzaneo

Don’t have my pin built yet so I don’t know but does anyone know if this also has the other songs apart from hooken on a feeling?

I Want You Back

Ain’t No Mountain High Enough

Blamer
                Participant
                  @blamer

I can’t believe this is your first table!

Wow, just great, thanks for sharing it

And the pup pack is great too

andrej
                  Participant
                    @andros

i have the same issue with the pup packs in desktop mode the table works fine but pup pack not working with the same time with table?

BrandonLaw
                    Participant
                      @brandonlaw

This is extremely special!  My son is going to shit himself when he awakens.  Many thanks to those involved!!

Question:  When a ball drains on modern Stern titles, it finishes the mode, correct?  I do not see it happening on this table.  I could be wrong.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

razielsghost26
                      Participant
                        @razielsghost26

What a great table! Thank you team for all your hard work on this. I can’t wait to see what you tackle next. I’m crossing my fingers for Willy Wonka or Hot Wheels.

daphishbowl
                        Participant
                          @daphishbowl

So I was watching a video of this table and it’s different from what I get. In my 3-screen setup I chose Option 2 for the PuP videos. I get a static backglass, great full-screen DMD, and playfield. But in the video I was watching I see a blue background showing things like credits (coins) and score, etc. Have I done something wrong?

Edit the pup pack and turn screen 5 to Force On

Thanks. But I’m getting the full DMD screen, actually. All I’m not seeing, I think, is credits. I hear the sound, but I see no credit counter. I think, perhaps, the credit counter is supposed to be in the full DMD but it’s not?

So I made use of full DMD and slimDMD which most tables don’t do. Honestly you don’t need the slim DMD I just didnt like the blank area on my real DMD.

For three screen you need to run the 3 screen batch file in the pup dir and the  on Line 39 set the DMD mode to 0 since you have a LCD DMD instead of a real DMD.

Hope that helps

Cenobyte
                          Participant
                            @cenobyte

To people having problems: check to see if you have the latest version of Pinup Player installed. I had 1.4.0 (about a year old) and had some issues. Upgraded to 1.4.4 (don’t forget!) and then to 1.4.5 and now this table works fine.

BruketFans
                            Participant
                              @backen

Thanks for a great table and pup-pack :good:

I’m a desktop user (single screen). Has anyone out there made the pup-pack work on desktop?

The table works perfectly without pup-pack installed.

If I run the pup-pack in a non fullscreen window it’s working fine, screenshot.

Using pupinit.bat (pupinit_vp_no_front-end_1.1) from TerryRed.

Windows fullscreen = Pup-Pack stays behind the table/background !!

Have read through the whole support tobic, but still not working…

Goody Goody...

Attachments:
                              djinfinity907
                              Participant
                                @djinfinity907

To people having problems: check to see if you have the latest version of Pinup Player installed. I had 1.4.0 (about a year old) and had some issues. Upgraded to 1.4.4 (don’t forget!) and then to 1.4.5 and now this table works fine.

Ummmm I beg to differ. I’m on latest version and am having issues. see previous post for description. I’m hoping will be resolved in next release

vinceleneuski
                                Participant
                                  @vinceleneuski

Hi!

Once again thank you for this awesome table.

I have an issue with my PIN2DMD display.

Letters are displaying oddly and I’m not the only in that case.

inbound9156371360164187711

Friffy1
                                  Participant
                                    @friffy1

Skill shots were often like that, I think Steve Richie swore these off a couple of years ago

Hey, thanks for that insight!  I find such things quite interesting.  Amazes me when people know things like this off the top of their heads.  Funny you mention Tron.  It’s a table I tend to neglect for some reason.  Which is odd considering I’m such a fan of the movies.

So I made use of full DMD and slimDMD which most tables don’t do. Honestly you don’t need the slim DMD I just didnt like the blank area on my real DMD.

For three screen you need to run the 3 screen batch file in the pup dir and the on Line 39 set the DMD mode to 0 since you have a LCD DMD instead of a real DMD.

Hope that helps

I have it setup that way.  Just missing a Credits counter.  Doesn’t appear to be in the FullDMD.  At least not for me.  Should it be there?

The Loafer
                                    Participant
                                      @theloafer

There are two scaling options for the dmd in the script. I think the problem isn’t really a “problem”, it’s just that the dmd is higher resolution than your real dmd.  So what happens there is it has to scale it. When scaling there are tradeoffs

this is the same thing that happens when trying to run Frankenstein or any of the large sega dmd tables; the scaling will leave some fonts looking weird but hey at least it works but if a pup pack user, it can be turned off as it’s not really necessary

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      kenswift
                                      Participant
                                        @kenswift

On the real pin the mode is active until the timer counts down, even if you drain a ball.

razielsghost26
                                        Participant
                                          @razielsghost26

Amazing stuff! Only played this one a couple of times in physical form but this version has become one of my favorites tables in VPX. Really great job to everyone involved.

Can’t wait to see this one make the stream

Rehab
                                          Participant
                                            @zheksone

This PUP pack thing is really giving me random issues of struggling staying on top on my system (desktop). I have also followed the TerryRed tutotials and have the Pupinit.bat in place to no avail. It honestly does not give me a great feeling having to try all that stuff just to keep some windows on top. If someone has a waterproof solution and/or update to the table/puppack I’ d (and I assume a lot of desktop users with me)  be very grateful.

Zheks

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 549 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?