Guardians Of The Galaxy

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 549 total)
  • Author
    Torre
    Participant
      @torre

I see this has been asked several times already but I don’t see the answer, sorry.

Table plays great for me but PUP will not close from PinballX and gives me the application error. It will work if I do not use Force Exclusive Fullcreen in VPX but I need to force full screen for other tables and performance. Any guidance would be appreciated!

Mark

Mark

Torre
      Participant
        @torre

Hi I am having an issue with exiting the table from within pinballX. It is a PUP Error. I don’t think I get the error from within the editor (Without PinballX).

IMG_3493

I am updated in PUP and a couple versions behind in pinballx. It is happening on both of my cabs. Wondering if anyone is having the same issue. Any help would be great.

Thanks, this will be fixed in next release.

Did this get fixed in version 1.0.1? Mine does this still with the latest version unless I do not use Force Full Screen. It’s the only PUP table I have that gives me this error when closing from PinballX.

Thanks

Mark

BazzaLB
        Participant
          @bazzalb

Not necessarily if he has a game controller plugged in (that can affect the physics too).

Do a quick test, in VPX settings, disable the analog nudging option. If it still does it, and you are on VPX 10.6 final (and not on VP10.7) then for sure there is an issue to look at, can’t think of anything else that could affect the physics that way. Its just quite odd that I had similar issues but then it went away. Weird, I’ve still not tried latest version (dang real life) so maybe the newer version does this for me too

The only thing I have plugged in when playing VPX is my Keyboard and my VR headset. All other gaming devices are either off, or not even connected. FWIW, I have seen this happen a few times but I don’t call it very regular and like I said, I thought it had something to do with ball spin.

tomate
          Participant
            @tomate

For all 4:3 / 5:4 ratio (1024×768, 1280×1024) backglass monitor users, there is a new pup-pack option to use (in the updated pup-pack).

Run the Option 4 BAT in the pup-pack folder. Then run the pup-pack editor and click “Configure Display/Positions” to use “quick position” to set your pup “Game Select” display on the backglass. This pup-pack option uses Game Select (6) as a reference for CustomPos to setup the BG, FullDMD, and Speaker panel image automatically for you guys specifically. I’m not sure if this was mentioned or updated in install instructions, but this is how PinEvent tables that use that option work as well.

Can i use this script for others pupacks from others tables, with same proportions issues?

calium
            Participant
              @calium

Guardians of the Galaxy is the only Puppack table which shows me the Videos and animations only in Background when i press the Tab/Shift Keys. I am a DT User and all my other Puppack Tables like Munsters… are working fine in DT Mode with videos next to table. I uses the Puppackeditor to set Backglass to “Show” but Videos still don’t appear. Any solutions or love for DT use?

Hymanator
              Participant
                @hymanator

Some issues I noticed after I just installed this:

1. I can’t enter initials on the high score entry screen. When I press the start button to enter initials, it just thinks I’m pressing start to play another game.
                2.  I couldn’t get pup packs to play, but I noticed a folder was created called “gotg_2020”. I had to move all of my pup videos from “gotg” to that folder. Seems to be only partially working though, not seeing too many videos trigger.
                3. The songs restart when you lose a ball, forcing me to hear the intro to the current song repeatedly.  It’ll play “oooga oooga oooga chaga” for 2 minutes straight and it kinda drives everyone nuts. Is there a way to make the song play continuously?

I’m on a Pindmdv3, 2 monitor setup

Erzak
                Participant
                  @erzak

Some issues I noticed after I just installed this:

1. I can’t enter initials on the high score entry screen. When I press the start button to enter initials, it just thinks I’m pressing start to play another game.
                  2. I couldn’t get pup packs to play, but I noticed a folder was created called “gotg_2020”. I had to move all of my pup videos from “gotg” to that folder. Seems to be only partially working though, not seeing too many videos trigger.
                  3. The songs restart when you lose a ball, forcing me to hear the intro to the current song repeatedly. It’ll play “oooga oooga oooga chaga” for 2 minutes straight and it kinda drives everyone nuts. Is there a way to make the song play continuously?

I’m on a Pindmdv3, 2 monitor setup

Curious if anything shows up on your PinDMD3, and if so, what settings did you use?

I also saw the ‘gotg_202’ folder but I’m getting videos playing on the backglass.\

If you change the music setting in the script, enable alternate music (or whatever it says) that seemed to change the songs considerably.

teisen
                  Participant
                    @teisen

hello … for me the table does not load, gives the following error: “line 785 / necessary object” Controller “… any tips on how to solve it?
                    I also didn’t understand, how should PinUp be used?

thank you

DeathInc
                    Participant
                      @deathincclan

Hi I am having an issue with exiting the table from within pinballX. It is a PUP Error. I don’t think I get the error from within the editor (Without PinballX).

IMG_3493

I am updated in PUP and a couple versions behind in pinballx. It is happening on both of my cabs. Wondering if anyone is having the same issue. Any help would be great.

Did this get fixed in version 1.0.1? Mine does this still with the latest version unless I do not use Force Full Screen. It’s the only PUP table I have that gives me this error when closing from PinballX.

Thanks

Unfortunately, it is back for me also.  Did this ever get fixed?  I am on 1.0.1.

Thanks

jshanon
                      Participant
                        @jshanon

Love the table. I cant get Pup on top in desktop mode. If any one can help. My other Pups all show on top.

daphishbowl
                        Participant
                          @daphishbowl

IMG_3493

Thanks

Unfortunately, it is back for me also. Did this ever get fixed? I am on 1.0.1.

Thanks

Not sure on this one.  I took all the info that people posted that said fixed their crash and added it in but still seems like there is an issue.

Few questions

1. Does it crash if you run standalone in box an not in pinballX or popper?
                          2. How much memory do y’all have?
                          3. Did you download the latest pup pack?  It has a fix for crashing

Let me know and hopefully we can knock this one out.

GuruChoc
                          Participant
                            @guruchoc

@daphishbowl not sure if you have watched this but Bowen explains a lot on the way modes and multipliers should work.

G

flaype
                            Participant
                              @flaype

Hi there,

I updated Table and Puppack. First launch, table exit worked. Second launch, table exit fail. Pinup Display chrashed :/

It is the only one puppack that don’t work on my cab. :'(

So sad.

Help :'(

Config : Amd 2700x / 16 Go DDR4 3000 / SSD 512 Go / GTX 1080 Ti
                              Cab : 40" 4K - 3 screens

daphishbowl
                              Participant
                                @daphishbowl

@daphishbowl not sure if you have watched this but Bowen explains a lot on the way modes and multipliers should work.

G

Lol..Yeah I watched that like 100 times..I think I can quote the intro from memory.  Is there something with modes and multipliers that seem wrong?

daphishbowl
                                Participant
                                  @daphishbowl

Hi there,

I updated Table and Puppack. First launch, table exit worked. Second launch, table exit fail. Pinup Display chrashed :/

It is the only one puppack that don’t work on my cab. :'(

So sad.

Help :'(

What happens if you quit mid game?  (Maybe you are) Does pup go away?

karlson18
                                  Participant
                                    @karlson18

Hey there,

erforderlich found vpx runs as administrator what the hell.

An option to turn off the sideart would be nice, i make dem invasive but now i see parts of the sidrail. Don’t know hob to turn them off. Any advice?

I like that table don’t thing it that i like :good: it

Greetings karlson

DeathInc
                                    Participant
                                      @deathincclan

IMG_3493

Thanks

Unfortunately, it is back for me also. Did this ever get fixed? I am on 1.0.1.

Thanks

Not sure on this one. I took all the info that people posted that said fixed their crash and added it in but still seems like there is an issue.

Few questions

1. Does it crash if you run standalone in box an not in pinballX or popper?
                                      2. How much memory do y’all have?
                                      3. Did you download the latest pup pack? It has a fix for crashing

Let me know and hopefully we can knock this one out.

Ok, so it seems to only happen when I run from within Pinball X. I tried it a few times with out and it exited with out the error.  But, when I ran it from with in Pinball X it crashed after the second time.  Same error as before.  A PUP error.  I have 16G Ram and I did download the new Pup pack.  I know you said it has a fix for crashes, but mine is not crashing during the game.  Just trowing a (PUP) error on exit.

I appreciate you trying to find a fix for it.  You already did a great job with the table. So thank you.  Any other info you need, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank You!!!

TerryRed
                                        @terryred
                                        MemberContributorModerator

For Single Screen DESKTOP users only:

Nothing unusual about this table isn’t covered in the Pup-Packs on Top install instructions to get it to work on a single screen desktop.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pup-packs-on-top-use-pup-packs-on-a-single-screen-desktop-view-fp-vpx-fx3-etc/

• setup VPX to run in Borderless Windowed
                                        • setup your FullDMD pup display at a 16:9 ratio in the top corner
                                        • copy the vp pupinit.bat that matches your needs (front-end or none….it matters) into the gotg pup-pack folder
                                        • use the Option 2 FullDMD BAT
                                        • edit the pup-pack
                                        • change screen 5 to ForceOn
                                        • change screen 12 and 13 to ForcePop
                                        • change screen 2 to OFF
                                        • save pup-pack

DO NOT enable the Backglass (pupscreen 2) as that will cause the pup-pack to not stay on top! There is no need for it with this table.

Here’s how I have it working on desktop single screen:

gotg pup desktop

Run the table. Wait patiently! The pup-pack may get pushed back behind the VPX window. If you wait, it “should” appear on top on it’s own. If not try starting a game, and then the pup FullDMD should pop on top like I show in this pic.

gotg desktop

Re-adjust the FullDMD size and position so it works best for you if needed…but you MUST have it at a 16:9 ratio! There is a button to do this for you when positioning / sizing it.

Don’t click into the VPX Window or alt-tab,etc If the pup-pack isn’t on top on its own…then you have done something wrong or have an incorrect VPX setting,etc.

I’m sure there may be imperfections (layering, timing,etc) with the pup-pack using it this way…but it seems to be working well.

@daphishbowl
                                        (or someone else who is married to this pup-pack and knows it very well) would need to confirm if there are any limitations or problems with any part of the pup-pack while using it this way.

Enjoy.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                        daphishbowl
                                        Participant
                                          @daphishbowl

For Single Screen DESKTOP users only:

Nothing unusual about this table this isn’t covered in the Pup-Pack on Top install instructions to get it to work on a single screen desktop.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pup-packs-on-top-use-pup-packs-on-a-single-screen-desktop-view-fp-vpx-fx3-etc/

• setup VPX to run in Borderless Windowed
                                          • setup your FullDMD pup display at a 16:9 ratio in the top corner
                                          • copy the vp pupinit.bat that matches your needs (front-end or none….it matters) into the gotg pup-pack folder
                                          • use the Option 2 FullDMD BAT
                                          • edit the pup-pack
                                          • change screen 5 to ForceOn
                                          • change screen 12 and 13 to ForcePop
                                          • change screen 2 to OFF
                                          • save pup-pack

DO NOT enable the Backglass (pupscreen 2) as that will cause the pup-pack to not stay on top! There is no need for it with this table.

Here’s how I have it working on desktop single screen:

gotg pup desktop

Run the table. Wait patiently! The pup-pack may get pushed back behind the VPX window. If you wait, it “should” appear on top on it’s own. If not try starting a game, and then the pup FullDMD should pop on top like I show in this pic.

gotg desktop

Re-adjust the FullDMD size and position so it works best for you if needed…but you MUST have it at a 16:9 ratio! There is a button to do this for you when positioning / sizing it.

Don’t click into the VPX Window or alt-tab,etc If the pup-pack isn’t on top on its own…then you have done something wrong or have an incorrect VPX setting,etc.

I’m sure there may be imperfections (layering, timing,etc) with the pup-pack using it this way…but it seems to be working well.

@daphishbowl
                                          (or someone else who is married to this pup-pack and knows it very well) would need to confirm if there are any limitations or problems with any part of the pup-pack while using it this way.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the walkthrough and excellent help.  Nothing pops out at me as being an issue.  Awesome job man!

Mick_03
                                          Participant
                                            @razorg

Hi,  how to activate the orbital scoreboard please ?

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 549 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?