Guns and Roses 4K MOD

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    strikekat
    Participant
      @strikekat

Thanks so much for working on this, and everyone else involved. I’ve had a blast playing this VPX in the past.

I own a GnR and I’d be happy to provide some plastics scans or something if I can get some specifics on ones still needed, and they’re not absurdly difficult to remove or something  :-)

I really wish I could say I will be completely tearing it down and can scan in the playfield proper, but I have some really hard time commitments due to work/travel (I’ve also temporarily lost workshop space and most of my tools are in storage for the moment). That being said – I did look up some of the playfield scanning methods, and I do have at least a semi-teardown planned for the game in the sorta-near future, so hopefully I could contribute more at that point.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      sheltemke
      Participant
        @sheltemke

Thank you so much very kind words.

Many plastics could be changed for better quality i highlighted those.

The most important 3 is in the upper area i numbered for you as “1” , “2” and “3”.

Those are the worst quality under red and green ramps.

gnrplastics

Also if you can photo the snake from above in natural light without flash that would be nice too, still love to see longer snake on my mod.

Only do these if its not problem for you to remove those to get photos/scan. ;-)

strikekat
        Participant
          @strikekat

Okay, took a bit of time today and got it taken care of. Didn’t realize I had never put on all the plastics protectors for the right side, either, so that was a bonus.
          I got everything circled from the picture, as well as a few pictures of the snake in the playfield and removed, top-down. Google Drive link, since it’s too big for an attachment:
          https://drive.google.com/open?id=11BtG-9GOhal94cBNUmkEp8GpJWqj_yRo

Only thing I’m not happy with are the images on the G ramp, which are stickers on metal brackets and diverter. Lighting was bad and flash kept showing up, so may try again with a real lighting setup, but I took 2 pictures of each from a slightly different angle so that nothing was 100% obscured.

I also cropped and stitched together the plastics scans, but the originals are all in the “plastics” folder for those more professional than me (read: everyone). Some touch-ups will probably be needed anyways, there’s a couple spots where the graphic has just worn away after years of contact with other parts (like the #3 plastic).

Either way, hope that helps, and it was fun to dig in again after nearly a year of not being able to really touch/work on any of my games. :-)
          IMG_20200119_215128

7 users thanked author for this post.
          sheltemke
          Participant
            @sheltemke

Thank you so much for your effort :yes:

sheltemke
            Participant
              @sheltemke

Okay, took a bit of time today and got it taken care of. Didn’t realize I had never put on all the plastics protectors for the right side, either, so that was a bonus.

I got everything circled from the picture, as well as a few pictures of the snake in the playfield and removed, top-down. Google Drive link, since it’s too big for an attachment:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11BtG-9GOhal94cBNUmkEp8GpJWqj_yRo

Only thing I’m not happy with are the images on the G ramp, which are stickers on metal brackets and diverter. Lighting was bad and flash kept showing up, so may try again with a real lighting setup, but I took 2 pictures of each from a slightly different angle so that nothing was 100% obscured.

I also cropped and stitched together the plastics scans, but the originals are all in the “plastics” folder for those more professional than me (read: everyone). Some touch-ups will probably be needed anyways, there’s a couple spots where the graphic has just worn away after years of contact with other parts (like the #3 plastic).

Either way, hope that helps, and it was fun to dig in again after nearly a year of not being able to really touch/work on any of my games. :-)

IMG_20200119_215128

I’m at home already. Checked the files what an amazing job! Thank you so much!! As soon as i will have a little more free time i do an update with the new plastics / snake.

xphilou29
              Participant
                @xphilou29

nice mod of the mod!! thanks for sharing

sheltemke
                Participant
                  @sheltemke

Okay strikekat here is the screenshot from 2.0 WIP with your new snake, plastics and decals:

guns2.0_4k

Link for the 4k image:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LBt4gHKgrJqNFtgcZSc73oN6aWXhSOYd

Graphically now GNR is done by me, i did all what i could.

Now i try to “cooperate” with someone and checks what can he do from Pinfan45’s “to do” list.

I not promise anything.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Pinfan45 will only be pleased if Flupper spends a year++ on it – believe me. :whistle: B-)

sheltemke
                    Participant
                      @sheltemke

Pinfan45 will only be pleased if Flupper spends a year++ on it – believe me. :whistle: B-)

The good thing is, i not feel bad becouse of that B-) ;-)

But i try to cooperate for checking what more can be done.

As i wrote no promises. If no luck, then the mod will be releases with the new snake/plastics/decals with no other changes.

It will be an improvement…maybe not for Pinfan45 but for others heh.

cyberpez
                      Participant
                        @cyberpez

Yeah I didn’t make the list of qualified authors so I’ll keep my spotlights to myself.  :scratch:

Looks great though sheltemke, keep it up!!!!!

sheltemke
                        Participant
                          @sheltemke

Yeah I didn’t make the list of qualified authors so I’ll keep my spotlights to myself. :scratch:

Looks great though sheltemke, keep it up!!!!!

Neither am i on his list , but still doing 1 more update.

CarnyPriest
                          Participant
                            @carnypriest

How often have I written a shit post reply about Pinfan45 and this attitude thing with GnR then think better and erase it and move on with my day. It’s a healthy number! I’ve resolved to be a more positive presence online in 2020. :yes:

naeromagus
                            Participant
                              @naeromagus

I usually don’t chime in on things like this, but Pinfan if this and that needs improvement. And if I’m correct you own the actual pin? Why don’t you supply or build the table the way you think should pay (tribute) to gn’r. Or better yet play the real thing.. I know this table has come a looooong way since the first vpx release. I’m very happy with what shelmeltake has done. It great Keep it up :heart: .

While Myself and the other pinheads will enjoy playing it. Pinhead maybe instead of picking this table apart, be constructive and help with Resources, and or building

CarnyPriest
                              Participant
                                @carnypriest

I must have hit a nerve. Sorry I made you feel bad.

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

One side of me is looking for the “boot this shit-hole off this site forever” button. But, the other – the devil in me – is saying – no, don’t. Let this idiot continue to embarrass himself openly. I’ve decided, at least for now, to let you stay moron. ;)

Yeah. Had a few drinks tonight. But, still, very confident that the community is on my side on this. Sure, GnR isn’t picture perfect, and you being – what I can only describe as a very incompetent pinball owner. To me, it seems you don’t have a clue to anything pinball related, and absolutely nothing at all to what we’re doing. It is kind of sad, but, true. Well. Off to enjoy some of the re-creations and shrugging you’re comments off as I pass the toilet.

There is no dull day in this community :wacko: B-)

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

@thalamus LMAO!

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

robertms
                                    Participant
                                      @mophead

It seems aside from myself, Flupper, Tom Tower, G5k, Sliderpoint, 3rdAxis etc most of you have anything but high standards.

Such modesty! So YOU made the A-Team too? Have we somehow missed all the top quality works YOU have contributed? Do Navy Seals know how to use a scanner? Dude stop already, and stop insulting the talented contributors on this site, you’re embarrassing yourself with this nonsense. If you don’t like the free stuff you get here either leave and don’t come back or make an effort to learn the skills to build tables that meet your high standards. Enough with this already!

The Loafer
                                      Participant
                                        @theloafer

Can’t even figure out how to use a scanner but boasts of standards?

i don’t really drink but this idiot certainly will drive me to become the community drunk if this keeps up

Pinfan45:  consider upping your “class” standard because it’s not just subpar, it’s non-existent

i believe banning is the last resort and should rarely be used … and I’m known as one of the most patient old-timers in this community … but classless, ignorant and “too lazy to figure out how to scan plastics” meatbag member such as this pearl of wisdom are a waste of forum space.

Sheltemke: you are a better man than I and I salute you sir.  There may be ways to improve but you’d done some great updates. Thank you and those who contributed to the project

sheltemke
                                        Participant
                                          @sheltemke

I think i finished my part.

-Added plastic scans

-Changed the Ramp decals photos with the new ones

-New Snake (I like how he looks now)

-Some modifications on playfield (the cross is sharper now, between the flippers)

-Modified GI lights (some of them were over-saturated looks more solid now).

Here is the screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LBt4gHKgrJqNFtgcZSc73oN6aWXhSOYd

Waiting for answer about the list i gave him, so we will see we can do something from Pinfan45 ‘s list, if not there will be a 2.0 update(my last i think) very soon.

9 users thanked author for this post.
                                          sheltemke
                                          Participant
                                            @sheltemke

plunger and snake launcher covers are too high above the apron, they need to be lowered. This is somethig Bigus1 was supposed to do but he only did the apron..

I remember your first “to do list”…was many new things in the second. Now you found another things you don’t like.

I bored now from your comments.

So i stop. Last reply for you.

Uploading 2.0 now, my mod is free to mod from now by anyone feel free to do any change you like or ask somebody your choice. Done.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 115 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?