This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  jamal1234 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
     jamal1234 
    Participant

This mod is intended to supplement the awesome and superior official release GNR VPX table made by the highly talented Team PP/JPJ.  Originally I made this mode purely for my own use then decided to share it on VPForums. Full credit goes to Team PP/JPJ for their time and effort, thanks guys!

My references for this mod were old YouTube videos and fuzzy images online, mainly of Slash's own GNR table as it was new in the 90's because my aim was to try to replicate the look of a stock/non-modded GNR table.  I have not had the luxury of seeing a real GNR table since 2004, I was 6 then so cannot remember the fine details.

I am also a VP noob and know nothing other than how to change very basic superficial stuff.  The GNR table is one of my absolute favorites and although not yet perfect it's still great fun!  Unfortunately I haven't had time to learn (and wont have in the foreseeable future) how to use the VP software properly so I can make some noticeable tweaks.

In case any Visual Pinball experts feel the urge, these are the changes required that I am currently aware of;

- Lower play-field dimensions to be corrected (ie  flippers, apron etc all moved down to reveal Axl's neck banner and the girls on either side)

- 2 spotlights missing in the upper play-field area

- More depth/higher sidewalls to the G and R ramps

- Slight bend to the G ramp in the southern corner

- 2 railings missing near the top flipper

- All images enhanced to 4k

- Reflective sidewalls

- Back-wall flashers corrected

- Play-field object reflections

- Top flipper made more distinct from the wall beneath

Finally a very special thanks to JPJ for saving the day and being willing to re-visit the official release GNR VPX table for fixes and improvements.

PS.  Highly recommended with PinSound!

6 users thanked author for this post.
     Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

I saw that you got permission from JPJ over at VPF to mod this table so here it is for everyone to enjoy.

Thank you !

Jopp 
    Participant

Thanks for your work on the upgrade (and JJPJ for the initional work).

As an ‘old rocky pinballer I still love the music and the machine  :yes:

Thanks!

My favorite pinball machine?
    Where I can put my name on as G.C....

Pinfan45 
    Participant

Any Authors out there willing to do the fixes on G N R? Please   :heart: . I will donate for the cause. G n R is my favorite Band also own the pinball. This table deserves more attention. make Slash proud :good:

jamal1234 
    Participant

@ Thalamus.  Thanks man!  :good:

@ Jopp.  Thanks, glad you enjoy it!  All thanks go to Team PP and JPJ of course, I did nothing other than change colors, tweak the flippers to prevent an R ramp hack (thanks again Thalamus!), changed flipper sounds, changed a few plastics and a tiny edit to the script to prevent a ball glitch.  No upgrades done unfortunately, I don’t know how yet.

@ Pinfan45.  I couldn’t agree more and that’s the best comment lol!…make Slash proud.

Edit:  It’s probably too small a change to upload a new version but for cab users they may find it looks a bit better depending on their table inclination settings, with Primitive24 (ie the R ramp), for the Material drop down menu use ‘Ramp Red Primitve’ instead of ‘Ramp Red Transp’.

Primitive24

1 user thanked author for this post.
     flaype 
    Participant

Really nice table,

somebody has a correct .pov for cab mode ?

Config : Amd 2700x / 16 Go DDR4 3000 / SSD 512 Go / GTX 1080 Ti
    Cab : 40" 4K - 3 screens

jamal1234 
    Participant

Really nice table,

somebody has a correct .pov for cab mode ?

Yeah Team PP and JPJ did a fantastic job so far!  This table has a lot of potential but does require lots of additional work currently way above my head and limited capabilities lol.

STAT was kind enough to share his FS settings in the Support Topic for this GNR table on VPForums if you are a member over there as well.  :yes:

DarenHawes 
    Participant

Hi Guys, The back panel is missing on mt Cabinet? Or the table appears short? Is this right?

jamal1234 
    Participant

Hi Guys, The back panel is missing on mt Cabinet? Or the table appears short? Is this right?

I am a DT user only sorry and know nothing about cabs or FS.  However as for the back panel missing or table appearing short that might be the empty space where the flashers were on the official GNR VPX version.  The backwall flashers were positioned up high and evenly placed which is different to what I have seen on every single real GNR table in video and images so with this mod in order to try to replicate the look of the stock non-modded table the best I could do was  simply remove them.  I tried to position the flashers but the problem I found was when you change the table inclination the bulbs don’t stick to the backwall (hard to describe in text).  Essentially I currently  don’t have the skills or knowledge how to do them perfectly sorry but hopefully someone else does.

DJRobX 
    MemberModerator

Any Authors out there willing to do the fixes on G N R? Please

What fixes are needed? 

I tried to position the flashers but the problem I found was when you change the table inclination the bulbs don’t stick to the backwall (hard to describe in text).  Essentially I currently  don’t have the skills or knowledge how to do them perfectly sorry but hopefully someone else does.

Yes this is very tricky in VPX because lights are 2D.     Flashers are also 2D, but you can prop them up at any angle which gives you a little more flexibility.    You usually want to get the flasher as close as possible to the bulb on the table without touching it.  And of course, because the VPX editor is not 3D, figuring out how to place them properly is also a giant pain.  You usually need to spend a lot of quality time in the camera & light mode to “see” where the flasher actually is ending up.

Most of the time you can strategically place them so they’ll catch close enough from either angle.    In other cases you have to note the values you need in a different POV, and edit the table’s script to have it move them based on the view.

Pinfan45 
    Participant

Thanks DjRobX . Jamal also pointed these other issues of G N R. besides the lights

Jamal wrote

Lower play-field dimensions to be corrected (ie  flippers, apron etc all moved down to reveal Axl’s neck banner and the girls on either side)

– 2 spotlights missing in the upper play-field area

– More depth/higher sidewalls to the G and R ramps

– Slight bend to the G ramp in the southern corner

– 2 railings missing near the top flipper

– All images enhanced to 4k

– Reflective sidewalls

– Back-wall flashers corrected

– Play-field object reflections

– Top flipper made more distinct from the wall beneath

jamal1234 
    Participant

@ DJRobX.  That’s awesome info and makes perfect sense, I really appreciate it, thank you very much.

Yeah aside from the back wall flashers, just in bullet points (I can provide images), the following is what I can see needs fixing…

– Assuming the play-field image is scaled correctly then the lower third play-field dimensions to be fixed (ie  flippers, apron etc all moved down to reveal Axl’s neck banner and the girls on either side)

– 2 spotlights missing in the upper play-field area

– More depth/higher sidewalls to the G and R ramps

– Slight bend to the G ramp in the southern corner

– 2 railings missing near the top flipper

– All images enhanced to 4k

– Reflective sidewalls (Currently the table doesn’t even have sidewalls)

– Play-field object reflections

– Top flipper made more distinct from the wall beneath

– Physics tweaking

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Galahad 
    Participant

Hi,

I’m also a DT player only, playing on a 27inch 144hz monitor.
    Love the VPX version of G&R, great stuff from all who made this possible!
    Thanks to JPSalas (PM5) – Team PP (VPX)

Included is a pic from the DT view I use with my custom DMD setup overlay.

VPX-GunsRoses

Greetz.

Pinfan45 
    Participant

I would like to see this table 100% and at its highest quality. i would like to see a donation fund started to have the Top Authors complete this project just like currently The Flintstones. Jamal has pointed out what G N R needs. Iam willing to donate to the cause. would like to see G N R as quality has G5K Addams Family..  :rose:

Thalamus 

You coming back nagging about this table over and over again is actually not very polite. If you have issues with it. Spend some time trying to learn the software and fix it yourself. I think they did a great job. Sure. Go ahead, pay all the amount that g5k wants to make a table nowadays from your own pocket and get a private copy. I don’t care. I will still enjoy what the French provided for us for free and out of love for this community.

Pinfan45 
    Participant

I would gladly pay any author for their time and hard work to put a top quality table out. why put out something that isnt fully complete. i like quality over quantity. I have no knowledge of building a table nor do i have the time and patients to learn it. Good Day Sir!

Thalamus 

My point exactly.

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

Site needs a “Not Like” button. :negative:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@pinfan45 I think you are missing the point of visual pinball. If I had a dislike button I would press it 100 times on your post! Sheesh!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

Pinfan45 
    Participant

Sorry Didnt think this would cause such a backlash.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account