Cabinet Rebirth! From the ashes a new cabinet will be born

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant
      @jfr1

Moving-proofing!  Nice.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

best mod EVER!!!!!!!!

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

got tv mounted in, working on the back supports and then a new back glass box for a full dmd.
          side rails need some more trimming, lockdown bar needs cut in half then widened.  I am gonna do a raised fire/launch button in the center.

I have narrowed it down to a ghostbusters or a Jurassic park themed cab.  Both will look really nice with beacons on the top and some kind of topper like I had before with the blower

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

@jfr1, here is a couple examples of the 4K.  Compare them with yours to see if you can read to instruction cards or how clear they are

the flintstones

Big Bang bar

haunted house

JR
            Participant
              @jfr1

That looks nice.  It’s rare that I can read cards on my 1080 set-up.  Looking forward to my 4k project but the motivation here is to build a wedgehead. Just got my Vizio.  It may be a while before I build a rig to run it at 4k.  I’m still wondering about how good these cheap tv’s will look.  How’s the angle viewing??

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

It’s not a problem.  I modeled my cab more off of a 70s cab so it doesn’t have that steep angle like a newer cab so my screen sits more flat and it still looks good.  I am gonna crank the back legs up to make up for some of that.

I love the look of a wedgehead.  I almost bought a game the other day that was a reverse wedgehead, never knew they existed. Again I wish I could have 2 cabs one old and one new but that’s not gonna happen…

tomorrow I want to get the back box built and figure out how I’m gonna handle this dmd and the head folding.  I don’t have hinges so I think I’m gonna get the welder out and make some.

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Welder?  You need to live stream this.

Krijn
                  Participant
                    @krijn

Hallo, even voorstellen….

Ik ben krijn,

ben begonnen met alle software uit te zoeken ( en nog wel even bezig)

uiteindelijke doel is een eigen cabinet bouwen…….. zijn genoeg hele mooie voorbeelden hier

Maar eerst alles werkend zien te krijgen

leuke puzzel om te doen

nu al een week bezig en zal nog wel even duren voor alles werkt met een 3 schermen opstelling

nu al veel plezier er aan :yahoo:

Krijn

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

addressable matrix in, have to get the smoked plexi for the cover.  I bought led strip covers for the sides which will take up any gap between TV and cab

lockdown bar cut and ready for patch, before I do any metal work I need to find the right fire button.  I want a clear button with a red light in it.  Most are either red in color and light or are clear and have a white led.  I also need a slim button too.  Any ideas?

finally a proper power button.  I used to have to turn the power strip off in the back and the computer start button was inside.  It’s gonna be weird not opening the coin door or using remotes to turn TVs on

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Tom.
                      Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Are you sure about the red led for the action button ? I would look for a multicolor led. Might even be possible to make it change dependent on mode/game/action like any pf rgb light.

TerryRed
                          @terryred
                          MemberContributorModerator

DOF Config Tool doesn’t have support for RGB values for the Fire Button.

So if anyone wants to change colour for an RGB Fire Button… you would need to manually add the triggers for each table yourself using three Custom RGB toys in DOF Config Tool to combine the Red, Green and Blue values (using the same trigger in each).

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by TerryRed.
                          JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

Your work space looks like mine …until I can work outdoors again. Godspeed! …how’s the truck?

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

I used the action button in conjunction with a fire button .  I had a red button before and liked it but doesn’t stern use a clear button.  Does theirs even light up?

Truck is  being neglected now but as soon as this is done I have to finish the wiring and run some brake lines to finish that up.  I really need to get a steering column and finish the steering linkage.

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

dof is all wired up.  I remember this being more fun the first time I did it.  A lot more neat this time because I did it all in one shot. I used wire channels which helped tremendously and a molex plug for all the back box lights so I can detach or fold  down. I took apart a wheel of fortune redemption game this past summer and kept the rediculous amount of molex connectors and wires which helped out alot

i got rid of all solenoids and my second sainsmart board so that freed up a lot of room.  I was going to keep 3 solenoids for the bumpers but I decided not too .  I may add them back later

Got the shaker, gear motor and knocker in.  Tomorrow I will get the audio hooked up and exciters installed.  Need to rewrite the plunger and kl25z with buttons but I need to figure out which ones I am gonna use.

addressables are all in and tested.  Need to get a mini usb cable and my plexi cut.  Thanks for the help @terryred

i still need to figure out the cabinet file.  I went through dof and updated it based on the new config but haven’t added the addressables yet.  I wonder if I should modify what I have or start fresh and add the ledwiz in

TerryRed
                                  @terryred
                                  MemberContributorModerator

Most new Stern tables change the colour of the Action / Fire button throughout gameplay (its RGB). ACDC LE has support for testing it in the service menu.

It was never added as a DOF toy… probably because so few tables VPinMAME can emulate even support that. Too bad as any original VP / FP tables I create / mod would have gladly supported it.

It’s possible DOFLinx may actually support an RGB Fire/Action button though.

Tom
                                  Participant
                                    @armyaviation
                                    MemberContributor

got some finish work to do but spacer piece is in lockdown bar

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

graphics or engraving on the plate around the fire button

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

almost 500 holes drilled and almost 4 hrs in just the dmd panel.  3/16 steel plate  with something like 130 holes in each side.  Made pattern, punched, then pilot hole then drilled out with a stepper bit from harbor freight.  I started at 1:4 holes and then went up a size to let more light in.  For cheap stepper drill bit for less than $10, 500 holes and still going strong is a bargain.

15.6 laptop screen for dmd, still waiting on driver boards but man I love that look

BrandonLaw
                                        Participant
                                          @brandonlaw

Looking good, Tom! That DMD panel is wild with the work involved.  My drill press would have wobbled itself into the trash trying to do that.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

90% drill press last 10% on inside of each side had to be hand drilled…  very nerve wracking until I got all pilot holes drilled and didn’t mess up any placement……

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Tom.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?