Halloween Ultimate Pro – PinEvent

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Perfect! That’s exactly how it’s supposed to look and work.

Could any of the new Pinevent installation files have messed up Popper? I just set FP’s video to FullScreen, removed my pupinit.bat files for those 3 tables, removed FP from my Borderless Gaming program, and tried launching your 3 updated FP tables via Popper and my Popper now isn’t displaying the videos in the playfield area. Just black.

popper

I rebooted and it’s still the same. They did come back once when I launched Retroflair, played a little, and then esc back to the Popper menu.

I’ll look thru the FB posts. I think I read about other people having popper issues recently.

PinEvent doesn’t affect Popper at all.

The only change would have come from if you have changed your PuP playfield screen’s position…. or if you made custom changes to the pinup menu pup-pack,etc.

Depending on how you updated Popper… (assuming you updated it to 1.45 as well which you should have)…. you may need to reinstall the Desktop theme files to be sure your pinup menu pup-pack is still correct.

elvinu
      Participant
        @elvinu

Could any of the new Pinevent installation files have messed up Popper?

It was something in my new updated PinUpPlayer.ini file.  I guess I messed something up when I was using PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat

I dug up an old version of my ini file and popper is working as it did before.  Just have to see if the old ini file messes up the updated 3 FP tables now.

TerryRed
          @terryred

Could any of the new Pinevent installation files have messed up Popper?

It was something in my new updated PinUpPlayer.ini file. I guess I messed something up when I was using PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat

I dug up an old version of my ini file and popper is working as it did before. Just have to see if the old ini file messes up the updated 3 FP tables now.

You only need to change the “Game Select” screen for PinEvent (use Quick Position and set to your dummy plug)

redrooster
          Participant
            @redrooster

I had all 3 of these PinEvent Tables working, then with this update, I was able to pretty seamlessly upgrade, other 2 tables are working great, Halloween has got serious lag/skipping.

In VPX for a few PuP-Pack tables i “shrunk” the pup-packs, and that fixed those, tried it on this, no luck.  I disabled the Apron screens thinking it would save some processing, still no luck.

Any pointers?

TerryRed
              @terryred

I had all 3 of these PinEvent Tables working, then with this update, I was able to pretty seamlessly upgrade, other 2 tables are working great, Halloween has got serious lag/skipping.

In VPX for a few PuP-Pack tables i “shrunk” the pup-packs, and that fixed those, tried it on this, no luck. I disabled the Apron screens thinking it would save some processing, still no luck.

Any pointers?

No idea on what your setup is.

If you were running desktop before and are streaming now, be sure not to have any programs forcing FP to run in Borderless Windowed. Make sure FP is running in fullscreen. If you force FP to Borderless Windowed while its in fullscreen, that can cause it to not run good.

Halloween is no different to Jaws or RF for pup-packs or videos….so if those run fine, you shouldn’t have problems with it.

Be sure you download and install the new tables and new pup-packs, as they have all been updated.

TerryRed
                @terryred

..also…”what” has lag/skipping? The table or just the pup-pack? If its just the pup-pack…then try disabling all options using PUPSCREEN2, as the backglass has no videos on this new update…only FullDMD does (PUPSCREEN5). The idea is to only stream “from” one window and see if that helps.

Chriss4198
                Participant
                  @chriss4198

Hey there. Hoping I can get some novice help. :) this error seems to be popping up in a few of my ultimate tables. Any help would be so appreciated!

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Hey there. Hoping I can get some novice help. :) this error seems to be popping up in a few of my ultimate tables. Any help would be so appreciated!

I have no info from you at all as to your setup…what you have installed,etc.

This is a PinEvent table. You need to install the newest BAM (from the newest ZIP…not the exe installer), and the newest PinEvent files (read the PinEvent Install Instructions). Then you need to the newest version of each table. Always read each table’s install instructions.

After you have done that, if you are still having problems, then read the PinEvent FAQ in the PinEvent install Instructions first for answers to common problems.

jason3731
                    Participant
                      @jason3731

@terryred Will this get updated so that people using only 2 screens (playfield & backglass with virtual dmd) will have all the videos play…I know i read somewhere that only FULLDMD users get the videos but I only have 2 screens so was just wondering? I know your a busy busy guy but hope to hear a response…I’m a big fan of your work!

TerryRed
                        @terryred

@terryred Will this get updated so that people using only 2 screens (playfield & backglass with virtual dmd) will have all the videos play…I know i read somewhere that only FULLDMD users get the videos but I only have 2 screens so was just wondering? I know your a busy busy guy but hope to hear a response…I’m a big fan of your work!

All PinEvent tables have pup-pack options for 2 screen users. So you get the video on the backglass.

Spitfire
                        Participant
                          @spitfire

Hi Terry,

Does pupstream work for this table? as some of the pupstream files the table script is calling such as the ball lost.mp4 when the ball drains is not in my puppack videos folder for that event and shows up with an error on the dmd screen?

thx Joe

charlieshakur
                          Participant
                            @charlieshakur

How do I hide futuredmd for this table can’t work it out using pin up fe

TerryRed
                              @terryred

Hi Terry,

Does pupstream work for this table? as some of the pupstream files the table script is calling such as the ball lost.mp4 when the ball drains is not in my puppack videos folder for that event and shows up with an error on the dmd screen?

thx Joe

Be sure you update to PinEvent 1.4 (if not already), pup 1.45, then get the newest version of both the table and pup-pack, as there were significant changes when pup stream was added to the table as part of the PinEvent 1.4 update. Also be sure you chose the correct pup-pack option BAT file in the pup-pack folder, for your pupdmd setup…as that will determine what media is used.

PUP Stream just streams the pup-pack windows. Nothing more. It has no control over the pup-pack content.

I’ve tested every pup-pack option (many many many times), and they all work completely. nothing is missing.

TerryRed
                                @terryred

How do I hide futuredmd for this table can’t work it out using pin up fe

You don’t “hide” FutureDMD… you just don’t run it. It’s up to you however you want to do that. If you have an emulator setup specifically for FP: PinEvent tables, then you simply don’t run FutureDMD for that emulator.

Otherwise, it’s up to you to determine what you want to use with Popper and the launch script and the Game Database,etc. Its no different than not running DOFLinx for PinEvent tables….and disabling the FP Backglass and Arcade mode settings for PinEvent tables.

Spitfire
                                Participant
                                  @spitfire

Hi Terry,

thx Joe

Be sure you update to PinEvent 1.4 (if not already), pup 1.45, then get the newest version of both the table and pup-pack, as there were significant changes when pup stream was added to the table as part of the PinEvent 1.4 update. Also be sure you chose the correct pup-pack option BAT file in the pup-pack folder, for your pupdmd setup…as that will determine what media is used.

PUP Stream just streams the pup-pack windows. Nothing more. It has no control over the pup-pack content.

I’ve tested every pup-pack option (many many many times), and they all work completely. nothing is missing.

Hi Terry,

The table file and puppacks gor halloween have just been downloaded yesterday from vpinball. The pupstream file in the script it calls for when the ball drains which is called ball lost.mp4 which should be in the dmdsplash folder isnt in the puppack?

so am i missing something?

is there a later version of the table file and puppack that i can get from somewhere else?

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Hi Terry,

thx Joe

Hi Terry,

The table file and puppacks gor halloween have just been downloaded yesterday from vpinball. The pupstream file in the script it calls for when the ball drains which is called ball lost.mp4 which should be in the dmdsplash folder isnt in the puppack?

so am i missing something?

is there a later version of the table file and puppack that i can get from somewhere else?

Again, PUP Stream is a “function” that only streams the pup-pack. It has no control over video or text context or control of the pup-pack. (to not create confusion with you or others)

There was never any videos for ball lost (and some other events) for this table. Just because you see the commands for them in the table script, doesn’t mean you are missing something. If pup doesnt see a media file from a command…. it just ignores that and carries on.

I just downloaded the table and pup-pack myself and tested it right now for both DMD and FullDMD. Both work fine with no errors.

If you have errors or odd text showing up on the pup DMD display, then you most likely have not updated properly to pup 1.45 which is required for all PinEvent tables. An older version of pup will show odd text and numbers,etc on the text because the newer commands aren’t understood properly by an older versions of pup.

Also, you must be sure your pupdmdrivertype is correct for your setup…and you’ve also chosen the correct pup-pack option BAT from the pup-pack folder for your setup (t also match the pupdmddrivertype).

Spitfire
                                    Participant
                                      @spitfire

Hi Terry,

this is a friends build. I will make sure his pinupplayer is setup to the latest version 1.45 as that might be his problem.

thx heaps for your continued help.

thx Joe

Lunatech Fringe
                                      Participant
                                        @lunatechfringe

Hi Terry!

I did my very first, brand new installation of Future Pinball and BAM today.  I decided to make Halloween Ultimate Pro my first testing table.  I’ve followed your guide, but I’ve run into a problem on my two-screen setup that crashes the table after it loads and the PuP Pack starts.  I don’t receive any errors.  FP closes and leaves PinUp components running.  Even after a reboot, it still does the same thing.  I used option 3 for the Pup Pack, 0 for the PuPDMD driver, and my setup reflects Cabinet: Profile 2.  My backglass monitor has a resolution of 1366 x 768.  Of note, all of my other non-FP PuP Packs work without problems.

Where should I look first to find stability with the table?  I realllllly want it working, as everything I’ve seen looks and sounds incredible!

EDIT:  I got a little further by disabling usePup_Stream in PinEvent_Settings.vbs, and I was able to play the game with the DMD as expected:

‘*** Cabinet: Profile 2 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 2 then
                                        usePUP = true
                                        usePUP_SSF = false
                                        usePUPDMD = true
                                        usePUP_Stream = false
                                        useDOF = false
                                        useFP_Sounds = true
                                        NightModeOption = 2
                                        End if

How do I get PUP_Stream to work without hanging FP?  Thanks!

Lunatech Fringe
                                        Participant
                                          @lunatechfringe

I got it (my mistake)!  In PinEvent_Settings.vbs, I needed to tweak the PUP Stream Default Settings section with the following settings:

usePUP_Stream_FullDMD = false ‘ PuP FullDMD displayed on the FP backbox
                                          usePUP_Stream_Backglass = true ‘ PuP Backglass displayed on the FP backbox
                                          usePUP_Stream_ApronLeft = false ‘ left apron card
                                          usePUP_Stream_ApronRight = false ‘ right apron card
                                          usePUP_Stream_PF_Screen = true ‘ playfield mini screen
                                          usePUP_Stream_HUDLeft = false ‘ Desktop mode only, HUD on the top left
                                          usePUP_Stream_HUDRight = false ‘ Desktop mode only, HUD on the top right

Should any of those be enabled as “true” in my two-screen configuration?  Other than that, it’s playing properly after enabling usePUP_Stream again, and I can see one of the table’s screens streaming.  So cool!

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

I got it (my mistake)! In PinEvent_Settings.vbs, I needed to tweak the PUP Stream Default Settings section with the following settings:

usePUP_Stream_FullDMD = false ‘ PuP FullDMD displayed on the FP backbox

usePUP_Stream_Backglass = true ‘ PuP Backglass displayed on the FP backbox

usePUP_Stream_ApronLeft = false ‘ left apron card

usePUP_Stream_ApronRight = false ‘ right apron card

usePUP_Stream_PF_Screen = true ‘ playfield mini screen

usePUP_Stream_HUDLeft = false ‘ Desktop mode only, HUD on the top left

usePUP_Stream_HUDRight = false ‘ Desktop mode only, HUD on the top right

Should any of those be enabled as “true” in my two-screen configuration? Other than that, it’s playing properly after enabling usePUP_Stream again, and I can see one of the table’s screens streaming. So cool!

What kind of 2 screen configuration do you have?

These are the things that won’t work with pup stream enabled:

• if your backglass is a vertical screen running in Portrait layout (in Windows display settings). PuP Stream can’t grab from that layout
                                            • if you have a motherboard GPU enabled and have any pup displays shown on a monitor connected to onboard gpu. This will cause pup stream to crash and also pup to crash,etc.
                                            • if using Backbox AIO (used only with square or 4:3/5:4 setups)… you can only enable the Backbox AIO pupstream option by itself, or the other options and NOT the AIO option

Do you have your FP Backglass disabled according to how I show in the “Future Pinball Backglass” section in the PinEvent Install Instructions (for PinEvent tables only)? If not you will want to do that to prevent problems.

Only enable pup stream options that you will actually see and use “in” FP’s window. Look at this pic to know what they are:

PUP Stream Options

So on a cabinet setup… you may as well disable these since you won’t use them in FP’s Window:

• usePUP_Stream_FullDMD
                                            • usePUP_Stream_Backglass
                                            • usePUP_Stream_HUDLeft
                                            • usePUP_Stream_HUDRight

…UNLESS you are also using this same PC to play these tables in VR… then you will want the BG and FullDMD enabled!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 125 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?