Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Lunatech Fringe
    Participant
    @lunatechfringe

Thanks for the quick reply, Terry!

DETAILS:

• Backglass monitor (landscape / 1366 x 768):
      N116BGE-EA2 REV. C1 New 11.6″ WXGA HD
    • Playfield monitor (landscape flipped 1920 x 1080):
      ViewSonic VA2456-MHD
    • No onboard GPU
    • Video card:
      Sapphire NITRO+ RX 590 8G G5 SE)
    • Backbox AIO is not in use
    • Sample scripts in Future Pinball “Launch Setup” Launch Script and Close Script

I still can’t get pup stream to work.  I tried loading F-14 Tomcat as a test via PinUP Popper.  I see the pup pack begin to play, and a few seconds later, the table disappears.

I’m curious what settings would be optimal for this configuration.  I’m also suspecting something I’m missing from my PinUP Player display settings…checking that now.

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

Thanks for the quick reply, Terry!

DETAILS:

• Backglass monitor (landscape / 1366 x 768):

N116BGE-EA2 REV. C1 New 11.6″ WXGA HD

• Playfield monitor (landscape flipped 1920 x 1080):

ViewSonic VA2456-MHD

• No onboard GPU
    • Video card:

Sapphire NITRO+ RX 590 8G G5 SE)

• Backbox AIO is not in use
    • Sample scripts in Future Pinball “Launch Setup” Launch Script and Close Script

I still can’t get pup stream to work. I tried loading F-14 Tomcat as a test via PinUP Popper. I see the pup pack begin to play, and a few seconds later, the table disappears.

I’m curious what settings would be optimal for this configuration. I’m also suspecting something I’m missing from my PinUP Player display settings…checking that now.

At a guess why it doesn’t work…. your playfield being flipped could be a problem.

If the table is crashing because of pup stream only… then its usually either motherboard gpu related problems… or your Windows monitors are arranged in a way it can’t understand for reading the Windows and positions.

Ideally… you shouldn’t using your playfield at a flipped orientation. That will cause other problems beyond PuP stream. If you don’t require that setting… I would recommend just having your playfield at a normal landscape orientation.

Lunatech Fringe
    Participant
    @lunatechfringe

I’d have to reverse my playfield monitor installation in the cab.  I’ll take that on later this week if some other things I’m going to try don’t resolve it.

Thanks for your help!  Mind-blowing work!

Lunatech Fringe
    Participant
    @lunatechfringe

<span style=”font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;”>I flipped the monitor today.  Unfortunately, it still crashes when the table loads (slightly after the sounds start playing).  When it crashes, the PUP Pack is still open on the backglass monitor.  I’m not sure what else to do at this point.</span>

TerryRed
    @terryred

<span style=”font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;”>I flipped the monitor today. Unfortunately, it still crashes when the table loads (slightly after the sounds start playing). When it crashes, the PUP Pack is still open on the backglass monitor. I’m not sure what else to do at this point.</span>

If only enabling pup stream is causing a crash… then “something” on your system simply won’t let the pup plug-in work correctly. Nothing else I can recommend except disabling pup stream unless you can eventually figure out what is interfering with it.

That said…. it’s still better you fixed your monitor orientation now, to prevent problems down the road.

Lunatech Fringe
    Participant
    @lunatechfringe

I finally took a look at Event Viewer and found this happening repeatedly:

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 8/27/2020 9:15:41 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: (removed)
    Description:
    Faulting application name: Future Pinball.exe, version: 1.9.2008.1225, time stamp: 0x4d1d68d3
    Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.27.29016.0, time stamp: 0x5ee8387e
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000319e
    Faulting process id: 0x18c4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d67cf1d6e38b8f
    Faulting application path: C:\Games\Future Pinball\Future Pinball.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
    Report Id: ab945af7-880e-41a8-95dc-96eb70007715
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

and

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Hang
    Date: 8/27/2020 9:09:18 PM
    Event ID: 1002
    Task Category: (101)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: (removed)
    Description:
    The program PinUpDisplay.exe version 1.4.5.457 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
    Process ID: 2924
    Start Time: 01d67cf0f3b35455
    Termination Time: 4294967295
    Application Path: C:\PinUPSystem\PinUpDisplay.exe
    Report Id: 1822dd24-45ed-4c22-b953-0c44f652a37f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Hang type: Top level window is idle

I thought reinstalling the latest C++ Redistributables would fix it, but it didn’t work.  Back to troubleshooting…

Lunatech Fringe
    Participant
    @lunatechfringe

I figured it out, and it was an idiotic newb thing I did.  When I originally setup PinUP Popper, I had a massive oversight on screen rotations for anything using the playfield.  The orientation was wrong, so once I configured it as 270 degrees and copied my config settings to a PinUpPlayer.ini file in each PinEvent PUP Pack directory, the tables loaded properly.  So happy!  Now I get to see these tables as they were intended.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Terry!

UPDATE:  I spoke too soon.  I got it to work once, then it went back to crashing with the PUP plugin loaded.  I saw this while playing the table in debug mode.

TerryRed
    @terryred

If anyone had issue with this table and the ball not entering the plungerlane scoop… you need to update to the newer BAM with the fix. From ravarcade:

“Fixed.

https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/BAM_v1.5-313.zip

I changed size of space for physics simulation. Just to have more space in FP editor… This enough to break FP.

Reverted to previous values.”

helshaks
    Participant
    @helshak

hi, i get the same error

tried a few thing

re install future Pinball  and BAM with the latest version ,  removed files in Scripts folder and put the new one from 1.4 PinEvents

can t seem to make it work ….   did you find the solution ?

TerryRed
    @terryred

hi, i get the same error

tried a few thing

re install future Pinball and BAM with the latest version , removed files in Scripts folder and put the new one from 1.4 PinEvents

can t seem to make it work …. did you find the solution ?

What error? …and to whom are you talking to? What kind of setup do you have? (cabinet, desktop,etc) Are you running only the table, or also trying to use the pup-pack?

Did you follow the PinEvent FAQ to try to solve any problems?

TerryRed
    @terryred

TerryRed’s “Big Bloody Mike” mod table update:

• new animated Michael Myers, on the playfield and in the game room (he will follow you wherever you go during attract mode)
    • new moving “real” spotlight flashers that act as flashlights looking for Michael in the dark (very cool effect)
    • new flashlight ball in The Chase
    • game room wall shows tv signal in Stop It
    • new bloody effects during Stop It (playfield and game room wall)
    • Michael Myers will hide and appear at different events in most modes
    • creepy as F**K in VR!

Important notes about this table and PuP-Pack update:

• I have kept the older PinEvent 1.2 table update (without the new fbx model and spotlight updates) still available for those who can’t run the newer “Big Bloody Mike” update for whatever reason (more detailed models, slower hardware, compatibility issues, etc)
    • I removed the “DMD on Backglass” PuP-Pack option and replaced it with a “Full DMD on Backglass” option for those cabinet users with only a single 16×9 backglass. This is to keep it more in line with my other new PinEvent updates
    • I added newer BAT files that tell you what PuP-Pack option you chose (with important details)
    • DO NOT mix up the old and new PuP-Pack folders! Remove the older folder completely and install the new PuP-Pack!

EVERYONE “MUST” update to the newest BAM update 1.5-318 that just came out today (Oct 30 – 2020)

• it’s needed for the spotlights (used heavily) to properly display in all modes

https://www.ravarcade.pl/download

Happy Halloween everyone!

PLEASE post gameplay videos and pics of the table on your cabinets and of you playing in VR!

(this is my biggest reward for working so long on these updates)

duck1156
    Participant
    @duck1156

i take it this isnt for vpx tables?

TerryRed
    @terryred

i take it this isnt for vpx tables?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

…no

duck1156
    Participant
    @duck1156

IM new to this visual pinball and follow you terry red thanks for everything you do.

TerryRed
    @terryred

Update: there is a reflection issue I need to fix for MM appearing on the upper playfield when Reflections are enabled.

A fix is coming…

In the mean time you can always disable reflections in video options until the fix comes out

Lunatech Fringe
    Participant
    @lunatechfringe

This update kicks ass, @TerryRed!  It makes me want to go buy new VR equipment.

TerryRed
    @terryred

“Big Bloody Mike” mod and PinEvent 1.31 Update

– fixes for Custom Models (Michael Myers and stand) appearing through playfield and cabinet when reflections were enabled
    – had to remove movements of MM rising and lowering into the ground, as well as hiding behind backbox

senseless
    Participant
    @senseless

Awesome Terry! Great present for Halloween :). I love Michael in VR!

I changed the name of the Pup-pack to FP_PE_HALLOWEEN_ULT_BM_PRO and changed it in the script so I could keep the original version as-is, just in case :).

To to get scared stiff!!! O, no that’s another pin hahaha.

stinkbug666
    Participant
    @stinkbug666

Help Needed Again :(

I have all other pinevent tables going fine, but for some reason this new table freeze’s at this point.

What have i done wrong Terry?

Thanks

Attachments:
    bombaj35
    Participant
    @bombaj35

Help

Michael Myers is upside down

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW